• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sheik's Matchup Discussion Thread: Sheik

WondrousMoose

Mind the antlers
NNID
WondrousMoose
3DS FC
3024-5909-8345

The Sheik ditto matchup is especially common these days, so it only makes sense to have a thread dedicated to it. What are our best strengths and weaknesses against ourselves? Post below; I'll build a synopsis in this post based on everyone's input.

Synopsis from posts
The key to this matchup is to know and exploit the weaknesses that a Sheik player must already be aware of. Excessive Bouncing Fish can be punished very efficiently with a spot dodge or shield. Sheik is light, so don't be afraid to kill upward when able. Nair covers getup options thoroughly and allows for followups such as Bouncing Fish.
Given Sheik's inherent difficulty in landing kills, the player must be more effective than the opponent at landing kills and avoiding their combos.

GSM Void's Sheik ditto guide

Last edited:

Absol

Sucker Punch
NNID
xenxio
Dtilt beats fair. Short hop over needles. Spotdodge bouncing fish. Nair covers neutral ledge get up against sheik well because she's tall, and can convert that into a bouncing fish. Back air against her fair, or use fair second. When being ftilt chained you can try buffering side b to trick your opponent into picking it up once it drops.

The worst part of the match up is that rage basically equalizes any lead in this match up. Essentially knowing how to kill better than your opponent and picking up on their habits before they do is key. From the amount of dittos I've done I was able to find a correlation with the end game results. The sheik that does more damage ends up winning most of the time, the more grounded Sheik ends up winning most of the time, and surprisely the sheik that uses less projectiles ends up winning most of the time. Something I like to do in this mu is get hit by a needle while buffering side b so the nade lands at my feet. I now have a slight edge over my opponent as I can use this made for coverage, kill set ups, and having the option to out camp my opponent. I only recommend this at low percents so you don't lose much from trading.

BlastHappyNinja

Smash Apprentice
I love love LOOOOVE the ditto. Lemme see... Jab is powerful if they try to Utilt you, which I happen finds a lot. You can also pull off a one-two jab and throw out a grab after it ends. If you think they're going to Bfish you you can shield and run after them and potentially get a sweet spot Usmash, UNLESS they throw out the second part of Bfish in which case you're gonna want to shield and THEN Usmash. If they're predictable with Fair just shield and grab them or shield and chase. A lot of times when I fight in the ditto my opponent is frequently throwing out fairs in the standard bread and butter Sheik manner. It's actually quite punishable if they're not shorthop fastfalling their strings. NEVER bfish after you get bfished, I learned that the hard way. x-x Let me know if you guys learn anything else and I'll try to remember more stuff that I've learned over the months about the ditto.

Simikins

Nerfed
3DS FC
0447-8060-8710
Top Bottom