• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sheik's attacks vs falco's side B, need some help

ddonaldo

Smash Journeyman
What attacks does sheik have that have equal or higher priority than falco's side b? Playing a hyper defensive falco with sheik is giving me more problems than it should

also a side question, is it possible to cancel the ending lag of needles independantly?

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
nair will always beat side b. I don't know about bair, but it might.

I don't know what your side question is referring to.

ddonaldo

Smash Journeyman
thanks alot =)

soz i've realised i made my side question sound more complicated than it is =p just ignore the independantly bit.

"is it possible to cancel the ending lag of sheik's charged b attack"

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Needles are Special. They don't interact with other hitboxen, thus they will NEVER clash.

S2

Smash Lord
I'd have to double-check if b-air works, I don't think it does though.

B-air edge-guarding Falco and Fox's phantasms was one of my favorite things in Melee, since you'd hit Falco with the b-air before his hitbox touches you.

Good to know that n-air does the job in Brawl. Needles have always been great for gimping.

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
...chain? It supposedly blocks projectiles too, so it may have some use against Falco's lasers.
Not RLY.

It can deflect weak projectiles like Snakes/Samus missles. Otherwise, it's not a safe bet.

I wonder if jacketed chains can deflect/cancel strong attacks...

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Chain does jack **** against Falco's lasers. It's the same Special type hitbox as Needles, which means it won't interact with hitboxes. The only reason it blocks Samus' missiles and Snake's Nikita is because those projectiles have hurtboxes and thus can be "attacked."

Top Bottom