• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sheik's approaching mechanics

musashi-kun

Smash Rookie
Hi guys! Im starting to learn competitive and I'm having issues with the approaching mechanics with Sheik... sure I can run and hit or grab but lately I'm having some issues with projectiles, can any experienced player give me some tips? THANKS!

musashi-kun

Smash Rookie
Im sorry.. I'll be more clear.
My main is Sheik and I want to know exactly how to approach characters who use projectiles, I have issues with them and I could also use some tips on how to approach faster characters like Lil Mac

Wasserwipf

Smash Apprentice
NNID
wasserwipf
3DS FC
2809-9876-8323
Well first off, welcome to smashboards, welcome to the Sheik boards.
Second just for you to know. You do not approach Lil mac. You charge needles and let him approach. Then you dodge, grab / ftilt combo him, into fair or bair or Nair, throw him offstage and then kill him. Just stayclose to the ledge and wait for him o come. You got the projectiles, you can camp him dead.

So, now for approaching, http://smashboards.com/threads/approaching-enemies.371719/ <- here, sombody asked a similar question. You may want to read this.
However, in short, Short hop to aerial, run to shield, grab, turnaround grab and needles are what you ant to use, usually.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
Yep @ Wasserwipf Wasserwipf knows his stuff. Focus on spacing your aerials when you can to in order to avoid shield grabs. You can cover most of your aerials with a jab afterwards. A space fair or nair into jab are generally going to be safe against any character in this game and can net you decent damage and lead into strong combos and good stage positioning.

Ftilt, Dtilt, and jab1 are also pretty safe pretty quick pokes at max range I believe.

I still believe needles are sheik;s strongest tool. With them she never has to approach when it doesn't look favorable. So always keep those and that idea in mind as well.

Top Bottom