• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sheik V. Wolf Troubles

Coselm

Smash Ace
Alright, so I mained Sheik in melee, and play with her a little in Brawl. I am having some trouble beating my friend Shotta's Wolf. I can combo the crap out of him, but it is excruciatingly hard for me to get the kill...

I was wondering if anyone else was having similar problems or if anyone could share some advice with me?

ADHD

Smash Hero
At certain points you may want to play mind games into a dash then flick the C-stick, or smash Up A--whatever but just perform a Usmash directly from a dash, it helps me get the KO sometimes...

If you are just a shiek mainer, you may consider maining a character wolf has trouble with?

Greenpoe

Smash Ace
just remember that wolf is the weakest space animal
There are no tiers yet. :urg:

Find a way to change to Zelda, if you can. Double jump and DI away from the stage, down B, and come back as Zelda, after he's beyond 100%, and get a quick KO.

Otherwise, camp near the edge, then hit him off the edge (down smash works great, really fast and nice hitbox), and slap him once or twice for the kill.

Perhaps you could follow up an uair with vanish (the vanish is now very powerful for KO's)...

Coselm

Smash Ace
There are no tiers yet. :urg:

Find a way to change to Zelda, if you can. Double jump and DI away from the stage, down B, and come back as Zelda, after he's beyond 100%, and get a quick KO.

Otherwise, camp near the edge, then hit him off the edge (down smash works great, really fast and nice hitbox), and slap him once or twice for the kill.

Perhaps you could follow up an uair with vanish (the vanish is now very powerful for KO's)...
Thanks I will try some of that. Currently I have been killing him mostly with tricking him to fall for a dash into an up-smash. Occasionally a down-smash, but I have to get him to upwards of 150 to get a kill with that. I have never tried to kill with an up-B before, so I will give that a shot. I usually cant get kills by chasing him off the stage because his over-B and up-B go far enough to beat me out in recovery, but I guess I'm just not used to the physics yet. I will give turning into Zelda a shot as well, and maybe put some videos up soon. Anyone else got any advice?

Micahc

Smash Ace
You should be able to get a KO or two by edgeguarding him aggressively, Sheiks slap is awesome at edgeguarding, but you have to be able to spam it.

JRAFF

Smash Cadet
KOing with Vanish is a good surprise tactic, I think. So it shouldn't be used too often... it leaves you pretty open if it fails to hit. On the other hand though, if you use it sparingly, your opponent probably won't be expecting it.

Wildfire393

Smash Journeyman
Sheik's MAIN probem in ALL matchups is his KO Power. Here are some tips:

1) Chase off the stage. Offstage Fairs and Nairs (or Bairs from an edge-drop) are Sheik's #1 way to kill. My current favorite kill method is Knock them off with whatever -> Chase with Fair -> Double Jump -> Nair. This is effective at around 120% often, and will almost always kill between 140% and 150%
2) Running Up Smash. Sometimes you can get a tipper out of this, which is Sheik's only move with KO potential at 100% or less (can KO at 90% on most characters). Hell, it's his only move with KO potential at 120% or less. Even if you don't get the tipper, the side hit is still a decent knockback move. You can also occasionally get BOTH hits to hit them, which does 15% for both (30% total), but sends away with the side hit knockback. Still, this can KO at around 125% pre-damage.
3) Try to Tele-frag. This is my nickname for hitting them with the Up-B. Especially out of a failed edgeguard attempt, you can still salvage it by catching them with the Up-B's explosion. This is Sheik's second strongest KO move.
4) Needle. Especially against characters with a high falling speed and a short Recovery Move (like Wolf), a burst of Needles can actually finish the job. A full charge is a lot more effective than just one, obviously, but I tend to only charge after KOing, and end up using them the first time my opponent rolls backwards.
5) Dsmash on the edge. Dsmash has decent knockback on all of its hits and has a lot of hits. It's great for getting people who miss the edge, which is quite easy for Wolf to do sometimes.
6) If you send your opponent far up in the air (throws, uptilt), try to double-jump Up-air for the kill.

Top Bottom