• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sheik user in need of help

Reaper Neku

Smash Rookie
Hello fellow Sheik users. I am writing this because I am in somewhat of a pinch. I can use Sheik as a character well so its nothing about moveset, but it's about the DACUS. I am of a rare breed that uses Wii and nunchaku to brawl and be really good at, but the problem with it is that you have to find a lot of alternatives to things (like the pivot grab with Fox which thankfully wasn't hard to figure out what to switch around) since the majority of people writing guides do it for GC remote (I personally suck hard whenever I try and use GC for brawl, even though I was alright in melee). However, for the past few weeks, I've been trying to find a way to DACUS with w+n, but I'm not sure if the setup is wrong or if it is the execution of it. So could anyone spare so time and try to do it on the W+N and help me out please?

Flamingo

Smash Lord
Shake smash...? Rofl.

Uh seriously if you wanna be good, use a GC controller. Or ask Ultimate Razor (Snake player that uses wiimote+nunchuk) how he DACUSes. Although the windows of time for execution are much different b/w Snake and Sheik.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
I think you could do it with Shak Smash, though I tend to have trouble with that because it doesn't always register the smash I want when I use it. I prefer GC myself, but hey, to each their own. This particular technique is hard on the GC controller though (with shiek anyway), and probably even harder with the W+N.

Flamingo

Smash Lord
Um... like you guys all know the ridiculous timing of the DACUS with Sheik. Unless your entire arm is more precise than your fingerz... It will be a ***** to pull off.. Just saying. But if you could master it, it would be more convenient than having to go claw position like I do.

jc_off_the_heezay

Smash Apprentice
To DACUS with W+N MUST be hard. Even with shake smash because like fromundaman said it sometimes doesn't register and then you have to have crazy finger skills to pull it off due to the timing.

Overall I wish you luck finding away. Switching controllers is probably your best bet IMO because if your in a serious match and go for shake smash and it doesn't register that's the match if your opponent punishes you for it. I mean it'll suck to stop RIGHT in front of them and your left open.

jc_off_the_heezay

Smash Apprentice
Also depending on how much you try to DACUS won't your arm get tired trying to shake smash?
Especially with timing you must have to shake smash really fast.
LoL Maybe I'm just that weak. I think a control setup will be better.

FrozenFire13

Smash Ace
I respect you for trying to use the W+N, but GC is better. I'm not sure if it's even possible to pull of the DACUS with that...Srsly, I don't know. I'm leaning more towards probably not, but I have no experience with the W+N setup. Best of luck to you though.

Top Bottom