• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sheik Trixies?

East

Crappy Imitation
Doing Tricks in a Mansion Location: Tokyo, JP
So HERB2 for Brawl is Sunday and I was just king of going over my games and seeing what little things I can do to add to my play. The idea of stage specific tricks or just normal tricks in general came to mind. Just trying to get some feedback on some of my ideas. I guess I'll post them up as they come to me.

The first one I thought of was a little risqué but I figure running the numbers the odds are technically in my favor.

Battlefield.... Trying to score a KO on someone, hop on one of the two side platforms and then run inward toward the center of the level. Hit the end of the platform and vanish glide. If the enemy is in the vicinity of the center they take the damage. If they dodge/shield/don't get hit by it I've got options [6 to be exact].

1. I reappear on the ground directly below where I vanished
2. I reappear just above the top, center platform directly above where I vanished.
3. If I press diagonally up to the right I appear right above the right platform
4. See #3, just go left.
5. If I press right and I appear inside the platform and drop to the level to the right of where I vanished
6. See #5, just go left.

I figure with so many options and always landing in the air [save for option 1] I would have enough time to not get punished against most of the cast. It just becomes like the trap card "Magical Hats" [don't pretend like you don't know what I'm talking about... I know all of you do <_<].

Again, against most of the cast I have a 1/6 chance of getting hit. That's a chance I might take.

Thoughts/comments appreciated

stealth3654

Smash Lord
I was thinking of the same thing, actually. This could work if the opponent doesn't see this coming, so I think it should only be used once or twice per match.

Chok actually was the one who said you can do this kind of stuff on Lylat.

Lol... magical hats. XD

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
nah not too hard to punish because sheik has a bunch of landing lag. just go for the edge instead. If you can't do that go for a lagless landing.

East

Crappy Imitation
Doing Tricks in a Mansion Location: Tokyo, JP
Though I've always been skeptical, I've been told on multiple occasions that a landing from the air has less landing lag than just appearing on the ground. Am I able to reach the edge? What do you mean by the lagless landing?

stealth3654

Smash Lord
If you reappear from Vanish a little above the ground, you will land with no lag.

Tristan_win

Not dead.
Chain.

Learn to use the chain in your gameplay or the footstool combos. Learning tricks can be fun and all but those two things can actually be very useful if used correctly.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
^this^

even though many sheik players on these boards overrate stuff like chain or the footstool stuff *ahem saviorslegacy LOL* they are still fun stuff to experiment with

honestly there very few situations where u can use them, but if u can start pulling them off in friendlies thats a testament to ur sheik experience. so if u can footstool combo in tournament, ur a beast.

still, even the best sheik players hardly use fancy stuff. armada couldnt even dacus

cuz using all that fancy stuff can only get u so far. u still have to be an experienced and smart smasher

Charoo

Smash Champion
on battlefield, if u can force them to air dodge and land on the platform, u can get a guarantee tipper up smash on them. They have like I dunno 3-4 frame before they can do something I think. So if u r under them and up smash at the right time then boom fast killing.

Works on lylat, castle siege, and other stages where tipper usmash hit people on platform. I use this with fox and sheik.

NeoCrono

Smash Ace
Using the chain on the edge is a great tool. It's so easy to rack up a good amount of damage by dangling the chain over the edge, and it makes recovering a ***** for your opponent. I try to do this every chance I get, and it has worked pretty well. No major punishment. I figure the trade-off is favorable.

-East on a friends profile.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
probably my favorite way to force air dodges is my autocancel uair. as long as the character doesnt have a dair that can beat sheik's uair (and there arent a lot) then they will usually air dodge. theres no lag so its a free hit when they come down

full jump or double jump uairs are useful too, because usually after they airdodge, just di so that you're next to them so u can punish

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
fair is mine, if theey dodge fair you can always punish with a nair fair uair or bar depending on where they are.

I empty short hop to utilt a lot, but shuair should do the job of baiting. forcing an air dodge even better.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
SHAD to a jab. I like this a lot for some reason. Extremely quick obviously especially if you buffer it correctly. I also like just plain empty SH's with Sheik. Her quickness can throw off your opponent and keep them guessing. They have to be weary of DACUS, needle storms, dash attack.......i'm starting to think more and more that Sheik has pretty good approach options.

Crossjeremiah

Smash Ace
DONT FOCUS TOO MUCH ON SETUPS. do what feels natural and non punishable. im going to HERB2 too. I do vanish setups though. like vanish at the edge. and land on platform if they avoid vanish kill then usmash at their certain height

Top Bottom