• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sheik Strategies!

TylerBeyond

Smash Rookie
NNID
GuardianOfHorror
3DS FC
2852-8288-1346
Hello guys! TylerBeyond here! I just wanted to make a quick strategy guide on how to WIN matches with Sheik!
I know, I know , who am I to give strategies to people even though I am not that big on Smash boards but I am considered the BEST Sheik main in Indiana! Remember this is just my opinion on how to win matches with the character, so if you have any other suggestions please comment below! So here we go!

1. Dash attacks! - This step is important to keep the pressure on the opponent! It is also very important when leading up to combos, as it leaves the enemy unable to move for a few frames!

2. Grabbing! - When using Sheik, grabbing is one of the many essentials when using the character! This move is very useful, like Marth's grab, it can lead into many combos and can also be used to Chain grab! But that is banned in some tournaments.

3. Edge Guarding! - One of my last strategies is to edgeguard... a lot. When knocking an opponent off the edge you have an oppurtunity to block their ability to recover... if done correctly. When using Sheik usually Down-Smash is a useful technique. Also the Side - B attack ( The Chain ) can keep the opponent from getting back on stage, as well as shocking them at the same time.

If you guys enjoyed this Strategy tutorial please check out my YouTube channel!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIQT5k3TjCJ7M40NBy0K93g

Also, Sorry if it is a little short. I know there are lot of strategies I left out but I use these ones the most in my gameplay! If you guys want anymore tutorials please ask! Thank you!!!

:4sheik::4sheik::4sheik::sheikmelee::sheikmelee::sheikmelee::sheik::sheik::sheik:

Last edited:

Scroll

Smash Ace
I can't say this was helpful at all. Not to step on your toes but your topic doesnt bring any info to the table.
Can you ellaborate please?
I wanna win ;D

EDIT: ok, so you want me to use her dash attack only until I find myself at the ledge grabbing the opponent and throwing them off the edge and edgeguard them? Simple?

No tilts, no aerials, no needles, no fancy stuff?

EDIT 2: I tried this "method" I can consistantly beat a lvl 4 cpu with it. yay, I can win too!!
Edgeguarding with the chain is op Kappa

Last edited:

TylerBeyond

Smash Rookie
NNID
GuardianOfHorror
3DS FC
2852-8288-1346
I can't say this was helpful at all. Not to step on your toes but your topic doesnt bring any info to the table.
Can you ellaborate please?
I wanna win ;D

EDIT: ok, so you want me to use her dash attack only until I find myself at the ledge grabbing the opponent and throwing them off the edge and edgeguard them? Simple?

No tilts, no aerials, no needles, no fancy stuff?
Sorry, Sorry. I know it wasn't detailed. I will update this whole thing later tonight. Sorry about that. :p

ChivalRuse

Smash Hero
I'm pretty sure we already have a thread open to discuss Sheik strategies. If you want to promote your YouTube channel, there are better places to do it than here.

TylerBeyond

Smash Rookie
NNID
GuardianOfHorror
3DS FC
2852-8288-1346
I'm pretty sure we already have a thread open to discuss Sheik strategies. If you want to promote your YouTube channel, there are better places to do it than here.
Wellll I made a new one. And it was to help people win matches with Sheik. Not promote my YouTube channel. Lol

ChivalRuse

Smash Hero
Winning matches requires a lot more than just knowing a few tricks. It takes experience and intuition about that game that comes from a very long history of study and practice. You cannot magically will someone to be good.

Last edited:

Scroll

Smash Ace
I am not saying it is but, on so many levels, this reminds me of beginner trolls. Funnily in a neural, none offensive way haha

Last edited:

TylerBeyond

Smash Rookie
NNID
GuardianOfHorror
3DS FC
2852-8288-1346
Ok I was tired and bored. Sorry, but some of stuff does work. And I do have a long history with the game, and the scene.

:sheikmelee::sheikmelee::sheikmelee::sheikmelee::sheikmelee:

Alulim

Smash Apprentice
Speaking of Dash Attack - I still don't see why us Sheik players continue to use it so recklessly. It should just be a move used for comboing, tech chasing, and a sparing mixup to grabbing if you can dash attack well enough to crossup shields. In general, it just seems so terrible if it gets shielded or CC'd and there should hardly be any reasons to use it in neutral minus the ones I've mentioned already.

Laudandus

Smash Journeyman
People use it because it covers a bunch of different options alright and is really easy to follow up on, so if you don't know how to deal with people spot dodging your grabs or you don't know how to deal with people jumping out of shield as you approach or you don't know how to tech chase spacies, it deals with all of those things relatively well (badly). If you're megachoking it's also probably the only thing you can still follow up on.

There's a lot of roads to Dash Attack Spam Town.

Alulim

Smash Apprentice
Run up downsmash is way better and harder to punish to get people to stop pre-emptively spot dodge your dash up grabs. Hm, didn't know dash attack covered jumps out of shield - I usually do some sort of aerial into jab or double jab because its easier to doing a dash attack that crosses up my opponent's shield and covers the option of jumping away.

I think dash attack is best for comboing and tech chasing tech rolls. It just feels like something we shouldn't throw out in neutral as often as it is - Just as an option in neutral to scare the opponent into shielding more. I want to hit myself whenever I throw it out stupidly and eat a stupid 40%-60% because i get cc shined or so lol.

Last edited:
Top Bottom