• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sheik has no killing moves?

Zanoske

Smash Journeyman
So I play against my 16 yr old brother's Sheik a lot of times but he never beats me as i always own him without even using fox. He complains that Sheik has no killing moves and doesnt even kill me even at 100+%. Althought he spams Ftilt on me to rack up more %, i manage to perfect shield-grab him to stop his unconsiderable spamming. Hes a decent player but barely dodges.

So any ideas of how he can try to kill me?

ADHD

Smash Hero
So I play against my 16 yr old brother's Sheik a lot of times but he never beats me as i always own him without even using fox. He complains that Sheik has no killing moves and doesnt even kill me even at 100+%. Althought he spams Ftilt on me to rack up more %, i manage to perfect shield-grab him to stop his unconsiderable spamming. Hes a decent player but barely dodges.

So any ideas of how he can try to kill me?
Down b is her best killing move. All of zeldas smashes kill around 100. If you dsmash with sheik around 80ish and they are away enough for you to safely transform, tell him to do that and finish you off with a zelda usmash or something. Then transform back into sheik right after you die.

Vs fox, easiest **** evar!

Tilt lock from 15 percentish to 80 and then Usmash with sheik, go zelda and kill him. Repeat. Fox and wolf are like 100-0 in sheik's favor.

Conclusively

Smash Journeyman
Either switch to Zelda, or do a sweetspotted up smash with Sheik, Vanish, or aggressive edgeguarding with neutral and back air.

Zanoske

Smash Journeyman
Down b is her best killing move. All of zeldas smashes kill around 100. If you dsmash with sheik around 80ish and they are away enough for you to safely transform, tell him to do that and finish you off with a zelda usmash or something. Then transform back into sheik right after you die.

Vs fox, easiest **** evar!

Tilt lock from 15 percentish to 80 and then Usmash with sheik, go zelda and kill him. Repeat. Fox and wolf are like 100-0 in sheik's favor.
I manage to perfect shield his tilt lock and shieldgrab him but I'm not sure if he'd transform into Zelda, normally he'll john every time i kill him.

P.S. he knows nothing about any techniques

TigerWoods

Smash Champion
Wherever you want me to be... If you're female.
Without stale move negation, even without Zelda, shiek's nair is strong. Her uair can early kill if close to the top. Her upB does extreme knockback. Sweetspot usmash can kill at low percents. Shiek has a really nice gimping game too, if you end up below the stage. Oh and of course the most realiable way is to switch to Zelda. Zelda's kill moves is almost her whole moveset;

Fair, Bair, Uair, Dair(spike), Fsmash, Dsmash, Usmash, Utilt, Ftilt(higher%), Dash(higher%)
You can also gimp with Dins fire, and all her other moves are useful for geting your oponent away/out of your face.

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
He can learn how to play Sheik.

She's not meant to kill off the stage. He should practice edge-guarding.

Otherwise, Zelda is a girl, yes, but so is Sheik. If he has a problem with her, well... That would be dumb.

Anyway, 2 options. Zelda, or edge-guard.

Zanoske

Smash Journeyman
He can learn how to play Sheik.

She's not meant to kill off the stage. He should practice edge-guarding.

Otherwise, Zelda is a girl, yes, but so is Sheik. If he has a problem with her, well... That would be dumb.

Anyway, 2 options. Zelda, or edge-guard.
If he has no problem being Sheik then he has no problem being Zelda. Also, I barely go to the edge and he doesnt know anything about edge guarding.

25%Cotton

Smash Ace
NNID
Samu.S
3DS FC
4785-5442-4678
i generally don't transform to zelda (even though i main zelda as well...)

most of my kills are from edgeguarding, vanish, and usmash. the rest of my kills are from transforming to zelda, but seeing how that's so rare i don't even count it.

i WOULD probably transform more often, but it just feels so classy getting a sheik KO.

demodemo

Smash Ace
45 degree usmash at the side of the stage is a very viable kill move

tell him to use usmash to kill. you must save it for the one kill though. a 3-move stale one is already near useless

imdavid

Smash Journeyman
why do these threads keep coming up! gawd... ankoku even posted a thread of all the percents that sheik can kill with and with what move =P

imdavid

Smash Journeyman
... if you know which %'s she can kill, then you know exactly what options she has to kill, for example if you are at the ungodly % of 180 then you're pretty muched F-ed because fair, bair, nair, vanish, usmash, dsmash, fsmash, uair, and pretty soon you'll be able to get killed with a dash attack :p

and if sheik's attacks are too diminished, at 130%+ she can grab pummel you at least 3 times, grab release into another grab for more pummels or grab release into an usmash or whatever you can think of, sheik is about racking up damage, getting into the higher percents enough to either get the kill the hard way or transform into zelda to get the kill as early as 90%

and if your brother really wants to know options for getting kills, its not that hard to gimp a fox player either, a nair out of the illusion can be the death to a fox, a well timed vanish works, and even tethering to getting the invicibility frames on the fire fox works

Top Bottom