• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sheik Fsmash difficulty list (kicking people twice is so very nice)

riocosta123

Smash Journeyman
So, Sheik's fsmash is kind of awesome because it's fairly fast, has long range, and decent knockback right? Unfortunately, it's also goofy because of the set knockback on the first hit which means it reacts differently due to various hit animations, sizes/shapes and weight classes.

As most of us know, Sheik's fsmash will generally connect at close distances or at long distances (end of the foot), it's the middle area that causes us trouble. It becomes harder to gauge this middle zone because it's different for each character.

Well, I decided to come up with a general list that details how small/large that evil middle zone is. Characters that have a large middle zone make it extremely difficult to hit with the second part while characters with a small middle zone are much easier to hit with the second part.

Keep in mind that this is done with the characters facing forward on the ground in training mode. I did a little bit of testing facing backwards but not extensively and I didn't test people in the air either. FEEL FREE TO HELP ON THIS!

Generally speaking the middle zone for most characters is about the length of Sheik's first jab give or take a couple steps. Anything inside or outside of this range usually connects. This zone will be the standard for which I judge what is "easy" or "hard". In general, easy characters give you more room for error while hard ones give you less.

Without further ado, here goes!

Easy (small middle zone, will connect at most distances)

DK
Ganon
Wario
Snake
Sonic (his hit animation is so bad, he basically just sits there in the air)
Wolf
ROB (yaaaaa **** you)

Normal (the most commonly occuring middle zone, see above)

Mario
Luigi
Peach
Yoshi
Link
Zelda
Sheik
Toon Link
Samus
ZSS
Pit
SoPo
Olimar
Fox
Falco
Falcon
Ike

Lucario (this one is a little strange, it seems at medium distances it works better but not at medium short distances, very close/very far still work)

Hard (either because of size or strange animations, the middle zone is extremely large, with the second hit only hitting at extremely close and perfectly tipped ranges)

Bowser
Diddy Kong
IC (dependent on Nana's position, it's dumb)
Kirby
MK
DDD
Pikachu
Squirtle
Ivysaur
Charizard
Jiggs
Marth
Ness
G&W

What the ****

Lucas (you literally cannot fsmash him at any range except with a very well spaced long ranged fsmash, you can hit him at an extremely close range if he's facing backwards though )

In general:

- most small characters are difficult to hit twice
- floaty characters also give problems
- pokemon are pretty hard as well

Feel free to help correct any of this information with further testing.

Hope this helps!

saviorslegacy

My avater is not a Sheik avatar.
Nice tid bit of info.
FSmash is usually fresh and works well at punishing something laggy at the ledge.

riocosta123

Smash Journeyman
I remember when I friendlied Vex Kasrani's Bowser I was flustered because my fsmash kept missing even though Bowser is a fat ***, but his animation is really goofy. Charizard/DDD behave in a similar manner.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Good stuff man. Anything to help me beat Snakes is greatly appreciated.

Top Bottom