• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Work In Progress Sheik boards to-do list

jam1garner

Smash Apprentice
I want to add
-Fair->Tipper Usmash
-F-throw->Tipper Usmash (dunno if thats ever true)
-Fthrow->Uair (for the chaingrab...)
-fair->fair (how far can we REALLY go?)
-Bair->BF (is this nevessary)
-Bair plane (dunno if thats true...)

Also, we could use google docs as a little help, I once made one for Needles->BF, we could either trust each other ( I want) or "invite only" and have those post here... well here's an example.
I don't think sheiks chain grab is true for more than a couple hits anymore, so I reckon the percentages it works at are limited. I haven't found it more beneficial than fair strings anymore, but that might be my error.

_Tree

The no-more hero
NNID
DekuBaba
3DS FC
1891-1276-1936
I'll do B-air>BF
As for the percentages, I will be using multiples of 5.
Edit: I will also take F-air>Tipper Upsmash
Is Nair>BF Included too? If so, I'll take care of it as well.
Added to testers.

_Tree

The no-more hero
NNID
DekuBaba
3DS FC
1891-1276-1936
I will be dropping/putting on hold Fair>tipper Upsmash/Nair>BF until this combo is fully experimented on.
Noted. Removed from testers.

HoSmash4

Smash Ace
Can we add utilt to upsmash? It does 21% damage compared to 18% for utilt to bouncing fish so may be worth testing

_Tree

The no-more hero
NNID
DekuBaba
3DS FC
1891-1276-1936
Can we add utilt to upsmash? It does 21% damage compared to 18% for utilt to bouncing fish so may be worth testing
Sounds interesting. Added.

Simikins

Nerfed
3DS FC
0447-8060-8710
I'll take Fair>BF seeing as it is our most reliable BnB and no-one is testing anymore :/
Can't test kill percents because 3DS has different blast zones.

Absol

Sucker Punch
NNID
xenxio
I'll take Fair>BF seeing as it is our most reliable BnB and no-one is testing anymore :/
Can't test kill percents because 3DS has different blast zones.
One thing to note when you're testing. Sheik travels faster by running rather than her airspeed. I was only able to extend the combo to higher percents by auto canceling fair, to buffer dash, to bouncing fish

D

Deleted member

As soon as I turn in my paper tomorrow I'm officially done with my Masters...(graduated High School & College early). Swear I'm not old...
Besides the fact, I'm going to have way too much time on my hands and could solely focus on Smash, Youtube, and Work.
*Contemplating on testing just about everything (one thing a week probably)...
*hmmmmmm...
*Of course I can't resist...

Okay _Tree _Tree what needs to be done?! Or rather what is not taken yet?!

_Tree

The no-more hero
NNID
DekuBaba
3DS FC
1891-1276-1936
As soon as I turn in my paper tomorrow I'm officially done with my Masters...(graduated High School & College early). Swear I'm not old...
Besides the fact, I'm going to have way too much time on my hands and could solely focus on Smash, Youtube, and Work.
*Contemplating on testing just about everything (one thing a week probably)...
*hmmmmmm...
*Of course I can't resist...

Okay _Tree _Tree what needs to be done?! Or rather what is not taken yet?!
Everything listed in the OP needs to be done. They're kinda-sorta listed in order of importance, but not really. Do what you want, but I'd say that F-air to Bouncing Fish is the most needed/requested.

I'm gonna take this oppurtunity to give Simikins Simikins a friendly reminder about the burst grenade shield-break combo stuff. Was looking forward to seeing the character specifics for that </3. I may be doing some shield break investigation myself in the coming days anyway.

Now that Xenoblade has been out for a couple of days I can take a few steps out of my cave and get back into Smash/editing stuff actually...

D

Deleted member

Everything listed in the OP needs to be done. They're kinda-sorta listed in order of importance, but not really. Do what you want, but I'd say that F-air to Bouncing Fish is the most needed/requested.

I'm gonna take this oppurtunity to give Simikins Simikins a friendly reminder about the burst grenade shield-break combo stuff. Was looking forward to seeing the character specifics for that </3. I may be doing some shield break investigation myself in the coming days anyway.

Now that Xenoblade has been out for a couple of days I can take a few steps out of my cave and get back into Smash/editing stuff actually...
I see...for the Forward Air to Bouncing Fish...is it just F-Air to BF itself without the buffered jump and no extension of BF?
I mean I could start off on that alone (including DI in, none, and away) and gradually go with the buffered jump, etc?

I also wanted to see what extension that shield break had to offer, seemed overlooked...

Last edited by a moderator:

Simikins

Nerfed
3DS FC
0447-8060-8710
_Tree _Tree Don't you worry, school's out this week and I've been working on multiple threads. Still doing shield break stuff, just GIF's n stuff...
And I'm still doing Fair>BF.
@fyazko The shield break punishes thread is coming along, and I've done about half of Fair > BF so I wouldn't start on that. Please. That'd be like 10 hours of my life wasted :p
Still doing lots of stuff, gonna do Void combo percents as well.

D

Deleted member

_Tree _Tree
Simikins Simikins
Looking forward to the shield break...
Fair enough (no pun intended), wouldn't want to waste your time BUT if you need a fresh pair of eyes or a double check tester on that feel free to ask me...
I'll work on something this week, probably UTilt > BF or something.

Simikins

Nerfed
3DS FC
0447-8060-8710
@fyazko Once I get it all done (Fair>BF) I'll get you to double check it all?
_Tree _Tree If you're going to test shield break stuff, could you test who the shield break works on? That's the only thing I haven't been able to do. All I know so far is it works on palutena and taller, and it doesn't work on mario. Everyone in-between mario and palutena height-wise needs testing. Remember that at least 1 'hit' of the grenade suction must hit the shield.

D

Deleted member

Simikins Simikins of course, just let me know...
_Tree _Tree
I'm going to do UTilt (2ndhit) > BF.
If UTilt (Both Hits) > BF is not done, I will do so as well and make it one thread entirely...

Tenletters23

Smash Padawan
NNID
Bungalojoe23
If no one is currently testing it, I can test full-hop needles to bouncing fish for each character. I'll need about a month though.

WondrousMoose

Mind the antlers
NNID
WondrousMoose
3DS FC
3024-5909-8345
I would like to do Fair>Bouncing Fish and Needles>Bouncing Fish, but I'll only have a 3DS over the break. The data should all be the same, but I'd hate to mess anything up.

Simikins

Nerfed
3DS FC
0447-8060-8710
I would like to do Fair>Bouncing Fish and Needles>Bouncing Fish, but I'll only have a 3DS over the break. The data should all be the same, but I'd hate to mess anything up.
I'm currently doing Fair > BF, and its actually quite a big job, so we could share the load? I've done it all on 3DS also. Only thing that differs between 3DS and wii u is blast zones, so kill percentages differ.
I've got a doc with all the data so you could add to that?

D

Deleted member

WondrousMoose WondrousMoose
Simikins Simikins
You guys can send me the doc/percents if you want to double check the blast zone kill percents on the Wii U...

Also, WondrousMoose WondrousMoose are you talking about Grounded Needles > Bouncing Fish?
I'm half way through with that and could send you percents as well?

ArikadoSD

the cream of the crop
NNID
ArikadoSD
3DS FC
0748-2790-0166
I'll do forward tilt to up air kill %s
Did one for my own personal reference, but ftilt > uair kills Mario on FD starting at 110 with no DI on either hits, and ~124% (give or take 1%) with DIing ftilt and uair away. It's quite a tight input though, if you mess up the timing they have time to airdodge. I'd say it's frame perfect, or damn near so. Didn't try on any other characters (and probably won't be)

Absol

Sucker Punch
NNID
xenxio
Did one for my own personal reference, but ftilt > uair kills Mario on FD starting at 110 with no DI on either hits, and ~124% (give or take 1%) with DIing ftilt and uair away. It's quite a tight input though, if you mess up the timing they have time to airdodge. I'd say it's frame perfect, or damn near so. Didn't try on any other characters (and probably won't be)
Normally when something is like that we just call it a 50-50 between jump and airdodge. I've debunked this in older threads but never got to the percents. Rage is a hell of a drug. I killed a Rosa at 47% on Smashville last night.

ArikadoSD

the cream of the crop
NNID
ArikadoSD
3DS FC
0748-2790-0166
Normally when something is like that we just call it a 50-50 between jump and airdodge. I've debunked this in older threads but never got to the percents. Rage is a hell of a drug. I killed a Rosa at 47% on Smashville last night.
I wouldn't exactly call it a 50/50 because it registers as a true combo on training, doesn't that kinda not make it a 50/50 ?

Simikins

Nerfed
3DS FC
0447-8060-8710
I wouldn't exactly call it a 50/50 because it registers as a true combo on training, doesn't that kinda not make it a 50/50 ?
Assuming that we input it perfectly, it's not a 50/50. Assuming that we don't, (which is safer I guess) then we can call it one.
Probably better to just learn the timing than go into the whole 50/50 thing.

Absol

Sucker Punch
NNID
xenxio
True combo in training mode does not make for a true combo. Moreover sure, if you're a robot and can work around a 2 frame window with perfect timing on dashing, jumping at the right time, moving in the air perfectly, double jump perfectly, and uair them before the invincibility on the airdodge even starts (you still hear the noise when you hit them, I have done it) then sure, call it a true combo at a precise percent and rage window.

Or we can say its a 50-50

We ain't using TAS to reject our human limitations.

Edit: In most traditional fighters being frame perfect is a practice that can be mastered. But with how much timing there is to execution in smash, not to mention the way movement works, it makes it near impossible to pull these things off.

Last edited:

Absol

Sucker Punch
NNID
xenxio
By all means do the percents for ftilt to uair. Can't hurt to have a ballpark

See if you can conclude any correlation between 50, 100, and 150 rage

{Kyro}

Smash Apprentice
Ok, I've gotten the Mario characters' percentages. The guaranteed kill %s are pretty tight, usually about 12% and the window increases with weight. It will probably be important to stale the move at higher percentages to make it a more viable option.

I'll test on FD and Smashville as the window is probably a lot bigger on Smashville, although it is still existent on FD.

[EDIT] I looked up some testing done on the rage effect and the increase averages at about 1.15x KB at 150%, 1.08x KB at 100%, and 1.01x at 50%. If you want me to run the numbers through those multipliers I can do that

It isn't a kill combo at any point on FD unless the move is staled. I will test a bit with staling, but I'm pretty sure there is a non-stale window on low-ceiling stages.

Last edited:

WondrousMoose

Mind the antlers
NNID
WondrousMoose
3DS FC
3024-5909-8345
I've been testing Needles > Bouncing Fish perfect combo percents. It's turned out to be much trickier than I'd expected, but it's coming along. I should have a thread up in a couple weeks or so.

Simikins

Nerfed
3DS FC
0447-8060-8710
I've been testing Needles > Bouncing Fish perfect combo percents. It's turned out to be much trickier than I'd expected, but it's coming along. I should have a thread up in a couple weeks or so.
Are you doing stationary or moving forward? The forward momentum makes it work for way longer.

WondrousMoose

Mind the antlers
NNID
WondrousMoose
3DS FC
3024-5909-8345
Are you doing stationary or moving forward? The forward momentum makes it work for way longer.
I'm testing out of a dash; I can't think of any reason you'd do it from a standstill, unless the situation simply wouldn't allow you the few frames required to get momentum.

_Tree

The no-more hero
NNID
DekuBaba
3DS FC
1891-1276-1936
I'll probably update the OP with testers and what's been tested when I get home from work. I must have been missing the updates for this thread or something.

{Kyro}

Smash Apprentice
Well I'm done testing and ftilt doesn't combo into up air at kill %s on any character without platforms unless the move is ridiculously stale. Definitely a 50-50 not a kill combo

Spark31

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Spark311
3DS FC
4940-5914-5196
I know that Fair to falling UpAir is true at certain percentages, so I guess it would be the same for Bair.
I meant the whole combo (f-throw -> bair -> failling up air -> down tilt -> fair) but *shrugs*

Last edited:

Simikins

Nerfed
3DS FC
0447-8060-8710
I meant the whole combo (f-throw -> bair -> failling up air -> down tilt -> fair) but *shrugs*
Not much point testing complete percentages for long strings like that. Best to test for one move into another, then you can piece it together.

I know that Fthrow > RAR Bair is true
Assuming Bair > Falling Uair is
Falling Uair > Dtilt is definitely not
Not Sure about Dtilt > Fair

Spark31

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Spark311
3DS FC
4940-5914-5196
Although falling U-air -> D-tilt definitely isn't true (that's why I said it's probably not true in my original post), it's worth noting that in that specific circumstance, my opponent was facing away from me. This means characters with fast jabs can't use those on me. That means they have to resort to a defensive option to avoid the combo. You might be able to squeeze a turnaround f tilt, grab, or dash attack in afterwards if you think they will use one against you. The main reason I think it may be warranted for testing is to see what defensive options they might employ (although my original post didn't note this. Probably should have said that there). Otherwise, most players I've used falling up air against don't know what defensive options to use really.

Top Bottom