• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shared CSP data - near CI8 quality, sub-CMPR size

Gojilujah

Smash Cadet
Actually a thought occurs... When you're importing the newly created shared palette CSPs into Brawlbox, are you making sure to check the box beside "Import Palette" before pressing "Okay" to add the CSP?
no, that actually "are you making sure to check the box beside "Import Palette" before pressing "Okay" to add the CSP" was never
considered. and I think there was never any kind of box where that option showed up.
but I ´ll send you my stuff and a little how I did things explanation

Gojilujah

Smash Cadet
since Amazerommu is busy and not responding for a while now, I have to ask again for help. maybe you Ondo, know what to do with my problem... a new palette just wasn´t created after I compressed everything together, so I couldn´t import one into brawlbox.
really guys, I need help with that :(

tryptech

Smash Cadet
Good news everyone that still checks this thread; I (hopefully) have figured out a simpler solution to quickly color_smash pictures together! This should work more reliably than the old GUI I made so please use this instead.

DragNDropColorSmash

In the zip I have included the following:
  • color_smash.exe
  • DragNDropColorSmash.exe
  • DragNDropColorSmash.ahk
The .ahk is the source AutoHotkey script if anyone wants to modify it. If you don't need it though, you can get rid of it.

In order to use it, put both color_smash and DragNDropColorSmash in the same folder. While keeping that window open, open another file window and browse over to the images you want to have a shared palette, select them (ctrl+click if you are unaware), and drag them onto DragNDropColorSmash.exe. In a few seconds, there will be duplicates of the images suffixed with _compressed letting you know that they've been smashed.

TL;DR: Drag and drop tool for step 1

EDIT: Because autohotkey is dumb, make sure all file paths involved don't have spaces.

Last edited:

Gojilujah

Smash Cadet
Good news everyone that still checks this thread; I (hopefully) have figured out a simpler solution to quickly color_smash pictures together! This should work more reliably than the old GUI I made so please use this instead.

DragNDropColorSmash

In the zip I have included the following:
  • color_smash.exe
  • DragNDropColorSmash.exe
  • DragNDropColorSmash.ahk
The .ahk is the source AutoHotkey script if anyone wants to modify it. If you don't need it though, you can get rid of it.

In order to use it, put both color_smash and DragNDropColorSmash in the same folder. While keeping that window open, open another file window and browse over to the images you want to have a shared palette, select them (ctrl+click if you are unaware), and drag them onto DragNDropColorSmash.exe. In a few seconds, there will be duplicates of the images suffixed with _compressed letting you know that they've been smashed.

TL;DR: Drag and drop tool for step 1
tryptech does it need anything else to be installed except your tools?

Gojilujah

Smash Cadet
still not working when I put it into brawlbox and switch "shares data" from false to true... that was alway the problem. the new csps are created without problems, but when it comes to bb all hope is lost. does it depend on which version of bb I´m using? it´s the latest one

CraptainFalcon

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
1221-1779-3703
still not working when I put it into brawlbox and switch "shares data" from false to true... that was alway the problem. the new csps are created without problems, but when it comes to bb all hope is lost. does it depend on which version of bb I´m using? it´s the latest one
Don't use the new BrawlBox. It sucks. Use 0.76 or 0.77. If that doesn't help PM me for help

Gojilujah

Smash Cadet
omg it worked!!! I was so stupid not clickin the box import palette when importin new csps, that was the problem all the time xD.
although it is mentioned in the first topic, I never saw that. but well, now I finally can compress all my stuff.

thanks a lot guys :))))

Ondo

Smash Apprentice
Just wanted to let people know I've finally fixed the broken links, and you should now be able to download this again.

Obskore

Smash Ace
It can't be done without Color Smash, but I made a new version that I think will work on 32 bit systems, available here. Check it out and let me know if it works for you.
i'm on 32bit too, and i was happy to find out you made a 32bit version of ColorSmash, but i'm afraid the link is dead. Anyone here happen to still have it?

Ondo

Smash Apprentice
i'm on 32bit too, and i was happy to find out you made a 32bit version of ColorSmash, but i'm afraid the link is dead. Anyone here happen to still have it?
Not entirely sure, but I think the version here is 32bit? (That's just the link from the opening post - I think after making a 32-bit version I decided that was just the one I should distribute; but I'm not 100% sure that's what happened...)

Top Bottom