• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 3DS Share Smash Run high scores!

popsofctown

Smash Champion
I like playing Smash run, and I like competing. My highest smash run score is 217599.

I used DK with an Exquisite Banana, Trade-off attacker banana, Turbo dash mushroom, Strong Punch power and Super Armor power.

Would love to hear others high scores, strategies, and tips. I enjoy spamming smash run more than mowing over people in for Glory, so I spend a lot of time trying to get good at it and score well.

I'm still not good enough at it to consistently get a high enough score to get top tier items. I get B tier items sometimes. I'm hoping to get good enough that I always get the MaxPower glove, Exquisite banana, etc highest tier items.

I got 144223 with Villager and 156903 with Robin, which I think are good scores for those dudes too.

popsofctown

Smash Champion
Do you know anything about the scoring works?
It seems mostly based on your stat total. The final battle doesn't matter as long as you come in first.
I should probably test to see if killing enemies but not collecting their drops helps and if collecting coin bags helps

Rakurai

Smash Ace
256K is my personal best using Charizard, though I've heard some people saying they got 268K...

RascalTheCharizard

Smash Ace
My current record is 197,500 with Zelda. Looking to break 200,000. My stat boosts at the end of the 5 minutes can be found here. Proof of score can be found here.

I used 2 Mystical Magic Stones and a Critical-Hitter Brawn Badge. +112 Attack altogether.
All default special moves.
Powers were level 4 Spinning Blades, level 1 Health Recovery and a level 1 Warp. The Warp was really just a backup in case I got spawned in an unfavourable part of the map, seeing as how without any boosts, it's really hard to get around with Zelda.

General strategy was to Lightning Kick everything and enter any doors I may come across. I know a lot of people have very defined strategies and know where they want to be at all times, but I just kinda wing it lol.

Originally I was pretty "meh" towards this mode, but after seeing some stuff on Reddit and experimenting, I found new joy in trying to get high scores and maximum stat boosts.

popsofctown

Smash Champion
I used to try out level 1 Warp, but for 200k runs and up performance rangeg I think it's bad. If you spawn in a bad part of the map at the very beginning, it's best to just start over. Starting over and dealing with the loading screen is gonna be better than playing a whole run with 10 seconds missing and your weight limit reduced by 3. There's only like 15% of all possible spawns that are really that bad though because they all have there merits in different ways as far as I an tell, though.
If you need to warp in the middle of a run... you really don't, you'll have enough speed boosts that it's not worth it. If you activate warp and then try to run to new enemies, by the time the startup delay on warp is done you'll have made your way to new enemies. Again, you're kind of reducing your weight limit by 3.

The main time you might legitimately be too far from stuff to kill is when you're high in the air, and you lack the fall speed to get to new stuff, like in the top right corner or top left corner of the map. But that's what instant drop is for, it does the same thing better than Warp in those cases.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
Greenalink has uploaded a bunch of 200k+ videos recently: https://www.youtube.com/user/Greenalink/videos

After watching a few I'm not really sure what to do to increase my score. It looks like he just has max attack and goes at destroying as much as possible. I'm sure that he has a route though the level planned, but I can't even get 150k trying to wing it with any character.

popsofctown

Smash Champion
nah, I'm pretty sure he improvised his route for the Marth video.

He uses his powers very efficiently, and knows the fastest throw animation for his character, two important things I noticed.

Rakurai

Smash Ace
Well, I managed to surpass my old record slightly and got 260K using Mega Man (Danger Wrap is insanely good for taking out large enemies between its spammability and massive hitstun, along with it being boosted by Moon Launcher).

Oddly, I didn't even max all of my stats with him like I did with Charizard.

Last edited:

popsofctown

Smash Champion
Well, I managed to surpass my old record slightly and got 260K using Mega Man (Danger Wrap is insanely good for taking out large enemies between its spammability and massive hitstun, along with it being boosted by Moon Launcher).

Oddly, I didn't even max all of my stats with him like I did with Charizard.
You probably score points collecting stat boosts that get ignored by the 1K cap.

Tiberious

Smash Journeyman
So, I've managed 280,143 with Ganondorf. It was a perfect 6x1000, to boot. Got a good Sneaky Spirits Fest (those are almost better than Souflee Fests, since they always drop All+ icons), and completely annihilated at least 2 Clubberskulls.

My loadout:

Equipment:
Critical Hitter Brawn Badge (+7 Atk, -40 Def)
Mysterious Magic Stone (+78 Atk, -43 Def)
Air Piñata Cape (+85 Def, -16 Spd)

Strategy: Pure power for Ganondorf. He's slow as molasses already, but with his defense, he can afford to use an Air Piñata defense item, chosen for its ability to make up the defense lost by the Attack equips, while not penalizing Speed too much. Critical hits come in VERY handy when using Spinning Blade, or other Smash Run Powers that deal damage.

Specials:
2 - Warlock Blade
1 - Flame Choke
3 - Dark Vault
2 - Wizard's Dropkick

Not much to say here, but Dark Vault makes some early climbs MUCH more bearable. The others are just good for him in general.

Powers (30 weight):
Strong Kick Lv. 3
Super Armor Lv. 2
Spinning Blades Lv. 2
Back Shield Lv. 4
Health Recovery Lv. 2
Back Shield Lv. 1

Power Strategy: Back Shield takes advantage of the fact having a worn item attached passively raises Arms. Five uses plus your pickups usually means you have that stat maxed almost every time. Spinning Blades comes in handy for early Enemy Squads, or ones that have lots of shielded enemies or Gastly. Also pop one for Sneaky Spirit or Souflee Fests (I've snagged half a dozen Souflee kills in one such Fest already). Super Armor and Strong Kick are meant for the really tough enemies (Clubberskull, Polar Bear, Bonkers, Bulborb and Reaper mostly), and generally work as a team. Pair the Strong Kicks with Critical Hits, and you can easily kill even a Clubberskull in just a few Up Smashes. Since you're right in the thick of the fight throwing melee attacks left and right, you're going to take a lot of damage, and that's where Health Recovery comes in. It's better to save that until later, as it will recover more, but use it when you need it.

Run strategy:

When to quit out: If you die, if you get Warp after defeating a massive enemy but before you can collect the boosts, or when it's just going bad in general. Use discretion.

Early game: Ganondorf can't move around very easily. He's slow, can't jump too high, and Dark Vault is kinda slow. If you start high on the map, STAY high until you start getting better Jump and speed stats. Ideally, you want to work your way across the top of the main island and take the platforms up further. Avoid doors early on. nothing sucks harder than getting the Hard Target Smash when you're fresh, and slow as hell. You just won't do it, and you'll waste close to a minute with the loading and failure, with little to show for it. Just pop your Back Shield instantly, and when it drops, pop another one on.
At this point, even Mites will be dropping decent-size stat boosts, so if you see a gang, wreck them. They seem most efficient at this stage. Don't be concerned about grabbing all the little Attack or Arms icons, as you should be getting a bunch of Attack and Arms naturally. In my experience, though, focus on: Speed, Jump, Special (ALWAYS focus on special; you won't be getting much from use) and Defense.
Also take note if you see a Souflee or Sneaky Spirit in the more difficult areas. If you do, keep watch on the timer bar for the white event lines. Any Fest events will use enemies that already exist in the map, so if you don't see Pookas, Tiki Buzzes or Bullet Bills, but DO see those two, you're in luck.

Mid game: Get a feel for how your drops have come out, and start focusing on deficient ones. If you're close to an Event and near a narrow hall, get there as soon as possible. If it's a Souflee Fest, you've put yourself in the best possible position to rack up kills (as they won't go through solid walls). Anywhere else, or on a Sneaky Spirits Fest, pop a Spinning Blades and aim for the densest area you can find. If you get Amped Up, start ascending the central shaft since you can do that for free. If you're near a door and you get Gust or Shrunk, consider entering it to break the effect early. Depending on the enemy, go to the Wanted area and take out that bonus enemy for 3-5 BIG boosts.

Late game: By now, you should be in the 600-700 range on Arms, Defense and Attack, and close to there in Speed and Jump if you've been diligent about collecting those. If you've had a good bonus Fest, those are probably closer to max. Keep focusing on Special and Defense, and head to where you generally find the heaviest of enemies. By now, even a Clubberskull will feel your wrath in just a few seconds, especially with Curry, or a Spinning Blades active for extra time between attacks. Pop a Strong Kick if you have one left and go to town.

Pickups: Depending on how many smash Powers you already have (I have all but one that needs a challenge to unlock), you can forego collecting them, but always grab custom equipment. I usually prioritize those and Gold coin stacks, and get Silver when I can, ignoring Bronze unless it's right there.

Nocally

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3840-6058-2117
301,228 with Pikachu :4pikachu:
It was actually Tiberious´ post about his Ganondorf run that inspired me.

Last edited:

Roxin

Smash Rookie
I have a few things to state here:
1.) Never use speed equipment, PERIOD. The decreased attack plus the decreased amount of powers available make it not very worth it at all.
2.) There is a glitch involving the enemy spawning portal: it isn’t much but if you kill it with a smart bomb you’ll get its drop rewards multiple times.
3.) Defense equipment is situational depending on the character that you are using. For slower characters don’t even bother because they’re already slow enough
4.) All-Around-Trade-Off and Unharmed Speed Demon equipment are very powerful when used correctly. The all around increase of stats without the normal penalties is very ****ing versatile and useful.
5.) If your character is too slow, use Trade-Off equipment. Seriously, speed equipment sucks ass.
6.) Use the ore club. (Do I even need to explain this one?)
7.) Homing missiles take out Souflees faster and more efficiently than any other offensive power. Use this to your advantage.
8.) Has anyone found any defensive power (Besides brief invincibility) even somewhat useful?
9.) **** Ness. His move set just doesn’t fit in Smash Run
10.) Shuffle is very good for trying to even the distribution of your stats, however it’s very unpredictable and may not even shuffle the stat that you wanted shuffled
11.) Healing powers are unnecessary. Just trust me on this.
12.) Top right corner is the most reliable stat farming area.
13.) Critical hitter+Item Thrower+Item Hurler+**** ton of Bomb-ombs=Possible destruction of Clubberskull with one throw

Top Bottom