• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shantae, the Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town! (A Switch To A New WayForward)

Do you think shantae can make it?

• Yes, as a fighter

• Yes, as a assist trophy

• No, not as a assist trophy

• No, not at all

Results are only viewable after voting.

MajestyIndigo

Smash Ace
What do you guys think about how your current main(s) are looking in Ultimate based on what we've seen so far?
Well I've seen Daisy win the only two tournaments I've watched, I won't complain xD Her final smash is still a let down for me.
Bayo seems to have been nerfed which is amazing because I hate playing OP characters.
Chrom seems pretty weak with a terrible recover and a FS which can put him in danger, but victory without risk brings triumph without glory :p

Teeb147

Smash Legend
If the rumours of a Granblue rep being discussed for DLC are true, then maybe that means there was recent discussion of potential DLC characters in the game, ergo not of the five we know of as those may have been planned as far back as the base roster. So maybe there could be more after the five, with utmost hope that doesn't destroy poor, break-needing Sakurai...

Did Bozon's tweet on Shantae for Smash DLC get deleted? It was unavailable in Somecallmejohnny's retweet of it when I looked earlier.
He deleted it because the tag caused confusion, when he was just joking around.
I dont think he actually knows anything about dlc.
But also a lot of people are saying that the dlc characters talked about arent legit. The SE rep seems pretty strong tho

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Well I've seen Daisy win the only two tournaments I've watched, I won't complain xD Her final smash is still a let down for me.
Bayo seems to have been nerfed which is amazing because I hate playing OP characters.
Chrom seems pretty weak with a terrible recover and a FS which can put him in danger, but victory without risk brings triumph without glory :p
Chrom is actually really fast and strong, and has great air speed so it might not be that bad, but Roy does seem like a better character, especially since it's easy to get in with that speed, to make use of the stronger points. (and recovery is decently better).

Also, I think daisy won because the player was actually just really good, and also her FS is op, you can get easy kills as well as heal a lot of health back, without even having to time that well or be near anyone. But she still seems like a great character, faster than peach was, and I'm most likely going to use her a lot myself :)
I want to see more pichu ;/

Last edited:

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero
Chrom is actually really fast and strong, and has great air speed so it might not be that bad, but Roy does seem like a better character, especially since it's easy to get in with that speed. (and recovery is decently better).

Also, I think daisy won because the player was actually just really good, and also her FS is op, you can get easy kills as well as heal a lot of health back, without even having to time or be near anyone. But she still seems like a great character, faster than peach was, and I'm most likely going to use her a lot myself :)
What do like, half of those terms mean? :p

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
What do like, half of those terms mean? :p
Well, besides FS, which stands for Final Smash, there isn't much in there that's advanced :/
When a character is fast, it's easier to make your way close to a character. Unless you meant something else..

MajestyIndigo

Smash Ace
Chrom is actually really fast and strong, and has great air speed so it might not be that bad, but Roy does seem like a better character, especially since it's easy to get in with that speed, to make use of the stronger points. (and recovery is decently better).

Also, I think daisy won because the player was actually just really good, and also her FS is op, you can get easy kills as well as heal a lot of health back, without even having to time that well or be near anyone. But she still seems like a great character, faster than peach was, and I'm most likely going to use her a lot myself :)
The Zelda player was amazing too :D Actually I don't really like my mains to be strong, I love underdogs :D And when they're not OP no one picks them, which I love as well hehe

WreckitRyan

Smash Apprentice
Hey all! Not sure if you saw, but Alpha and I did a discussion video on the last direct if you're looking for something to listen to :)

Last edited:

Mario9919

Smash Apprentice
He deleted it because the tag caused confusion, when he was just joking around.
I dont think he actually knows anything about dlc.
But also a lot of people are saying that the dlc characters talked about arent legit. The SE rep seems pretty strong tho
I think he knows and wants to hype everyone up.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
The Zelda player was amazing too :D Actually I don't really like my mains to be strong, I love underdogs :D And when they're not OP no one picks them, which I love as well hehe
Right. I kinda feel the same except I want all characters to be the same.. urh, balanced with all of their own strengths. Ideally.
I dont think he played zelda as well as the other guy played daisy, but then again the games were still close. I think zelda is better now, but I feel like there's a little something missing, not sure what it is. Neither of them used n-air as much as they coudl've. they're good moves.

I think he knows and wants to hype everyone up.
If he knew he would've known that piranha plant wasnt part of the 5 dlc.
But anything's possible right.

Wwlink55

Smash Ace
If the rumours of a Granblue rep being discussed for DLC are true, then maybe that means there was recent discussion of potential DLC characters in the game, ergo not of the five we know of as those may have been planned as far back as the base roster. So maybe there could be more after the five, with utmost hope that doesn't destroy poor, break-needing Sakurai...

Did Bozon's tweet on Shantae for Smash DLC get deleted? It was unavailable in Somecallmejohnny's retweet of it when I looked earlier.
If I recall correctly, Verg is backpedalling from a Granblue rep.

zferolie

Smash Hero
What do you guys think about how your current main(s) are looking in Ultimate based on what we've seen so far?

I like that Bowser's tough guy is buffed, and I like that his up throw combos are nerfed because I hated how his entire game plan revolved around that, but I'm concerned they haven't given him enough love in the transition to Ultimate. Up throw combos were a huge crutch for him in Smash 4, so if they take that away without giving him a lot of other fixes, I'm worried he's going to end up being very mediocre.

I've also been playing a lot of Sheik in Smash 4 lately because she's kinda OPso much fun to use. So far everyone who uses her says she's still looking really good, but is definitely nerfed. I worry a little bit about her since it seems that the floor for movement speed and frame data has gotten a lot higher, which may erode her advantage (and hence her matchups) against a lot of the cast. On the other hand nerfed rage and more potent edge guarding may also make her harder to jank and better at killing, so I could also imagine her ending up almost as strong as she is in Smash 4.

Aside from any character specifics, I'm cautiously optimistic that Ultimate will receive more careful balancing via patches than Smash 4, so hopefully the characters that need help (such as Bowser, most likely) will get it.

That would be so insane, I would grind like hell. Also Dabuz would instantly become this thread's hero, because he is a big Isaac and Shantae supporter.

Hey nice work on this! I like it quite a lot.
I really need to look up more of my mains. I mained ZSS, Jigglypuff, Yoshi, Palutena, Peach, and Robin.

Parallel_Falchion

Smash Lord
I think that was one of the first big Shantae/Samus posts that came out of this whole thing. Also, can we come up with a name for this combo, because that would make things a bit easier.
Might not work for everything, but this one at least I'm referring to as "Shantae Suit Samus."

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I really need to look up more of my mains. I mained ZSS, Jigglypuff, Yoshi, Palutena, Peach, and Robin.
All of them are pretty much just better versions than before :)
Except Yoshi. Yoshi is pretty different now, and was nerfed in weird ways. He has less range, including on his f-air. But his eggs are better, you can shoot them more straight. He might be better in some other ways, but I'm not glad about some of the changes :/ (His down air seems really good now though, cuz of less landing lag)
ZSS has some of the best speed I've seen, including in the air. I really want to try her, she seems fun.

here if you wanna see some yoshi:

Last edited:

TJKBird

Smash Cadet
If I recall correctly, Verg is backpedalling from a Granblue rep.

Verg never backed the Granblue rep, I'm not sure why people have such a hard time fact checking their statements and continue to push false statements. Verge from the outset said that the only things he has heard are a Square Enix rep and Minecraft content of some kind, that's it nothing else. The only connection Verge has had to the Granblue rep thing is that he somewhat vouched for another leaker that goes by Senjougahara__Hitagi who claimed that there were talks between Nintendo and Granblue about Katalina's inclusion. Verge never said that a Granblue rep was happening just that another leaker that he has talked with and can vouch that they've been legit before mentioned it.

It's no wonder the guy gets so much flack for being wrong when everyone spreads false info about him.

Wwlink55

Smash Ace
Verg never backed the Granblue rep, I'm not sure why people have such a hard time fact checking their statements and continue to push false statements. Verge from the outset said that the only things he has heard are a Square Enix rep and Minecraft content of some kind, that's it nothing else. The only connection Verge has had to the Granblue rep thing is that he somewhat vouched for another leaker that goes by Senjougahara__Hitagi who claimed that there were talks between Nintendo and Granblue about Katalina's inclusion. Verge never said that a Granblue rep was happening just that another leaker that he has talked with and can vouch that they've been legit before mentioned it.

It's no wonder the guy gets so much flack for being wrong when everyone spreads false info about him.
Oh, I wasn't saying he was outright backing it. Im just saying that he has mentioned the potential of one, but has recently begun to consider otherwise. He never outright backed it, but he has at least mentioned it.

zferolie

Smash Hero
All of them are pretty much just better versions than before :)
Except Yoshi. Yoshi is pretty different now, and was nerfed in weird ways. He has less range, including on his f-air. But his eggs are better, you can shoot them more straight. He might be better in some other ways, but I'm not glad about some of the changes :/ (His down air seems really good now though, cuz of less landing lag)
ZSS has some of the best speed I've seen, including in the air. I really want to try her, she seems fun.

here if you wanna see some yoshi:
Interesting bits there, especially the yoshi stuff. I will need to get my hands on all of them and get back into the groove for sure

D

Deleted member

Guys I love what sakurai has done to shantae and put a lot of detal in this one plus with her and samus in fan art she might be the next bowsette! I think things are starting to get bett........
There was a problem fetching the tweet
(Sees troll arts posts)*sigh* here I go again........
160F5E5B-9327-46BF-A112-06AB801AC9F2.jpeg

Plz forgive me I’m kinda sensitive to haters:(

Last edited by a moderator:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Interesting bits there, especially the yoshi stuff. I will need to get my hands on all of them and get back into the groove for sure
Yeah it's nice to look at but we really need to get our hands on them :)
It'll be a new groove.

I think Game & Watch is the character that changed the most. His up-air sends a cloud that hits many times and goes the way up like a projectile. And his f-air drops a bomb, instead of a regular attack :O
And they changed almost all of his attack animations, they look cool and retro :p

Last edited:

zferolie

Smash Hero
So been thinking again about dlc, because I lost all control over my life.

We know that the stage selection should be filled with the DLC(maybe 1 extra slot but that could be another free stage or something else) but I still think that the music select stage will also end with a full row with this DLC. it can go more in more seasons, but for my own humor going to go with just only 3 new music icons. meaning 3 new franchises.

Been thinking which 3 I think are likely/I want, and got to this.

1. Shantae. Of course, thats why I am here.

2. DQ Slime. Yes Geno is awesome but I feel Slime is the most likely due to his series being so massive and important to gaming culture.

3. Steve OR Banjo and Kazooie with a minecraft stage. I have excepted Minecraft is coming. I would rather have it be a stage with Banjo being the character of that pack(yeah no Banjo stage but I think banjo music can still be on the Minecraft stafe, especially if its a minecraft version of spiral mountain)

4. Pyra and Mythra Rex may be out as a Mii Costume, but I feel Sakurai still wants a XB2 character, and why not the Waifus that sent the world aflame. They could be the new Zelda/Shiek, having a transformation between the too forms, one focus on fire damage and dots the other with light and big bursts, or something else, maybe just the elements change between the 2 and you need to combo between the 2 forms mid battle.

5. A retro rep. Someone that doesn't need a music icon even if they get a stage. Donbe and Hikari, Mach Rider, Aymui, ect.

What you guys think? Also, there is no Pyra/Mythra thread, so may make a thread tomorrow for them

zferolie

Smash Hero
Yeah it's nice to look at but we really need to get our hands on them :)
It'll be a new groove.

I think Game & Watch is the character that changed the most. His up-air sends a cloud that hits many times and goes the way up like a projectile. And his f-air drops a bomb, instead of a regular attack :O
And they changed almost all of his attack animations, they look cool and retro :p
Those are some interesting changes for sure for him. Will need to try him out for sure

I've heard that Sakurai has made some tweets regarding DLC, and, apparently he stated that all of the DLC characters were chosen by Nintendo.

Huh.
That makes sense. Got the tweet in question?

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero
Okay, here you go:

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Those are some interesting changes for sure for him. Will need to try him out for sure

Okay, here you go:

So it seems they dont want people flooding with character requests & art unless they ask for feedback?
And they say it's Complete?? so ... uhh

Last edited:

ProtoTwi

Smash Ace
NNID
Proto-Twi
Even if all the DLC characters were chosen. Don't stop supporting her. We are in this for the long haul.
Our Focus once again shifts to making Shantae a more well known character,

Mrs.Milky

Smash Ace
Okay, here you go:
I must say I'm glad sakurai has called those people out finally.

Just saw Sakurai's tweet and it took the wind out of my goddamn sails. Nintendo being the ones who decided the characters just confirms that we're only getting advertisements for fighters and now I can only hope Sora or Rex are one of them. I'll see you guys again if a season 2 gets announced but for now I have to bow out, I just don't have it in me anymore and I am NOT looking forward to random gen 8 Pokemon and new FE Lord.

Mrs.Milky

Smash Ace
Just saw Sakurai's tweet and it took the wind out of my goddamn sails. Nintendo being the ones who decided the characters just confirms that we're only getting advertisements for fighters and now I can only hope Sora or Rex are one of them. I'll see you guys again if a season 2 gets announced but for now I have to bow out, I just don't have it in me anymore and I am NOT looking forward to random gen 8 Pokemon and new FE Lord.
I'll bust a nut and expand my dong if its sora.

Jovahexeon Joranvexeon

Smash Champion
Okay, here you go:
Ah, so it seems I was right that the first season pass was already decided. No worries! If no Nintendo are wise, we'll get a second DLC season pass with more character later down the line!

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Well, we dont know what Nintendo is looking at to do exactly. But the fact that the characters have been selected means we can't change the season 1 anyway, if there even is a season 2..
What if nintendo likes indies tho? :)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Okay, here you go:
Banjo............no:(

Top Bottom