• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shadow Bugs

Genesai

Smash Apprentice
Most likely it's just that purple stuff...although it looks more like an oozy gas more than a living thing...

LeuMasT

Smash Apprentice
When watching the video again, the fog falls in individual little spheres that seem to me to be "crawling" together into the primids. I could see them being the shadow bugs.

Galvanic

Smash Journeyman
I just realized something obvious.

Shadow Bugs have been revealed to be a 'primitive substance' extracted from Game+Watch and his "peculiar qualities." They can be used to create character clones and new characters all together.

Alone, they are black with a purple glow to them.

It seems to me that Shadow Bugs are simply LCD lights, the type of pixel used to create the G/W games. It would make sense that pixels would be able to create things in the Video Game universe. G/W and all that he does follow a LCD path, so it would also make sense that Tabuu would be able to gain enough LCDs from G/W to manipulate them.

Eltrotraw

Smash Journeyman
I just realized something obvious.

Shadow Bugs have been revealed to be a 'primitive substance' extracted from Game+Watch and his "peculiar qualities." They can be used to create character clones and new characters all together.

Alone, they are black with a purple glow to them.

It seems to me that Shadow Bugs are simply LCD lights, the type of pixel used to create the G/W games. It would make sense that pixels would be able to create things in the Video Game universe. G/W and all that he does follow a LCD path, so it would also make sense that Tabuu would be able to gain enough LCDs from G/W to manipulate them.
What really gets to me is that you have to read some of this trophy stuff to get what's going on inbetween the lines with the plot.

Then there's that whole issue about "Dedede distracting Metaknight so that the Subspace Army could steal the Halberd"...

[lol does that mean if i break an lcd screen, i can have shadow bugs of my own]

Majora_X

Smash Cadet
Galvanic said:
It seems to me that Shadow Bugs are simply LCD lights
Brilliant.
Coolest speculation ever.
IWontGetOverTheDam said:
Oh, dear lord.... It would appear that you have bumped a topic over 3 months old...
(tugs at collar, sweats profusely)

Top Bottom