• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shadow Bugs

Galvanic

Smash Journeyman
Read closely.

The bigger size means an increase in Shadow Bugs -- does that mean it takes more Shadow Bugs to move bigger Primids?

Shadow Bugs... Interesting. Let's discuss this.

Gill

Smash Journeyman
Shadow Bugs? moar leik, heartless bugs m i rite?

What're we supposed to say? God forbid a ton of shadow bugs meet up, cause that'd create a BIG BIG Primid! O_O

SJAK47

Smash Journeyman
And Primids have their own smash attacks, interesting. I guess those purple shadow things make these things.

Galvanic

Smash Journeyman
What I was interested in is the fact that these move Primids. Is there a chance that they can be used as a tool to fight of Subspace creatures? And what importance, otherwise, will they bring to the Emissary? Do they power the Trophy Guns?

Kadian

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, the really interesting thing is that Primids have varying degrees of complete movesets. It's generally understood from various trailers that Primids seem capable of imitating fighters, and can even pick up and use items, but with size comes move variety also?

TheJalapeno

Smash Ace
The Primids are puppets being controlled by the Shadow Bugs which probably control the ancient minister.

And the Big Primid mentions it has "Smash attacks" Probably meaning it MAY be playable or just very similiar to a normal character (ie; Wireframe with Smash attacks)

GDhunter95

Smash Apprentice
The Primids are puppets being controlled by the Shadow Bugs which probably control the ancient minister.
Hahaha

Perhaps the main badguy isn't the ancient minister.

Noooo...

It would have to be the Shadow Bug Queen!

Afterall the bugs gotta come from someplace amirite?

:034:

Smash Hero
Where did this thread come from..? Now I feel stupid for making a new thread about it. >_>

Anyway, plot device confirmed! I say Bowser and Wario are being controlled by the Shadow Bugs. As are Petey and Rayquaza and maybe many more creatures and characters.

Chepe

Smash Lord
Even if they have smash attacks, I will bet they have no B moves. Which means, that these truly are the new wireframes, and we will likely see them in a "Multi Man Brawl" mode which is sure to be a coming update.

Chi's Finest

Smash Lord
Did someone seriously use the argument that the Primids are playable, because CPU's cannot use Smash attacks?

Pretty mysterious. And the plot for SSE grows thicker.....

jimmyjoe

Filthy Hori
Premium
If those purple things that the primids are comprised of are indeed shadow bugs, wouldn't the word "make" be used in place of "move" in that update. Maybe this means they can control primids not create them, and therefore possibly control other characters(Bowser, rayquaz, wario, your gigamother, etc.)

Chi's Finest

Smash Lord
If those purple things that the primids are comprised of are indeed shadow bugs, wouldn't the word "make" be used in place of "move" in that update. Maybe this means they can control primids not create them, and therefore possibly control other characters(Bowser, rayquaz, wario, your gigamother, etc.)
Possessed puppets? Geno Confirmed!

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I'd love to see a primid become a playable character, isn't it about time smash bros had a playable character for itself?

jimmyjoe

Filthy Hori
Premium
I'd love to see a primid become a playable character, isn't it about time smash bros had a playable character for itself?
I agree, the series should get it's own playable character.

Plus a primid might have a set weight, strength, and speed, but maybe it would have semi-customizable move sets!!! They could have standard A moves but maybe you could select the B moveset for your primid from certain characters, or even different B moves from different characters.

d0c926

Smash Journeyman
I doubt the primid will have playable , they probaly going be the wire frame people for Brawl.

Igneous42

Smash Ace
hmm interesting, this supports my thought that maybe some chars are being controlled by the Subspace Army. I think Bowser and Wario, they choose two already sort of bad characters so it's harder to tell. I bet whoever you don't save from petey also becomes evil.

Puffs

Smash Ace
At least they're not talking about the Shadow Bugs from Twilight Princess. I despise those things.

Fear the Puff

PITforREV

Smash Journeyman
See, Im going to be pissd if teh villians are just beiong "controlled." They are bad guys let them be bad...Im sick of this nobodies really bad BS, -It shoudl be the villians are greedy and want to do thing to benefit themselves and harm the good guys, lets not have some OTHER big bad force controlling them....puh-lease give me a break.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I have to say I'm a bit skeptical about those purple things being shadow bugs, I don't know why they just don't look like they're alive.

There are Shadow bugs in twilight princess......it's not completly unlikly that there could be a connection. :dizzy:

InvincibleAgent

Smash Lord
Corneria, Oregon, US - Melee: Roy, Link, Ganondorf
Did someone seriously use the argument that the Primids are playable, because CPU's cannot use Smash attacks?
Wow, that's by far the worst misconstruing of my words I've ever seen :p

Of course CPUs can use smash attacks, but those attacks are only called smash attacks because when humans control the characters, they are performed by smashing the control stick.

Smash legacy

Smash Apprentice
Mabey just mabey will be able to play with them hopefully they have cool movesets.

If not they are way better than the dumb wireframes.

Top Bottom