• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

shadow ball recovery?

PuppetMaster

Smash Rookie
(sorry if this has already been done)

ive noticed that the shadow ball makes a good recovery if you have ran out of jumps and know the teliport wont work and you just hapen to have a fully charged shadowball just shoot the ball in the direction away from the stage and teliport back i only tried this once on accident so is it a good recovery? not that you would use it anyway mewtwo's recovery is already mosterous as it is.

Eaode

Smash Champion
I've thought about this, but never actually did it. If you're high up enough that shadowball won't kill you, you could probably make it with just floating over and teleport.

dinoneil

Smash Rookie
Maybe it could work, but use it in moderation. Sometimes I fire my charged SB away from my opponent for mindgames.

lavagolem123

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, it's been known for a while now. Personally, I feel that's it's real situational and should only be reserved for extreme emergencies. I prefer to fire a baby shadow ball so that it forces the opponent off the ledge or forces them to renew their invincibility frames by jumping, etc. But like Eaode said, you'll usually be able to float over and just simply teleport to the stage.

PuppetMaster

Smash Rookie
lol the black list? i was just thinking, shouldint it be like the white list since mewtwo is kinda dark and misterious?

Snakebite

Smash Journeyman
It provides a sudden boost of speed, which is useful for that little bit of unexpected distance.

Aiming the shadow ball in the opposite direction, can work well with mind games as mentioned above. Try using it to create momentum when you are going in for a back air edge guard. It looks pretty awesome if you pull it off too.

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
I did it in one of my matches. Perfect mindgame too cause i followed with a upsmash to kill them with.

Top Bottom