• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shade's Spirit of Competition CONSTANT UPDATES

Status
Not open for further replies.

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
Brawl is just around the corner, so I have to get this off my chest. . .

I just want to make something perfectly clear. For one reason or another, I am sooooo AMPED to challenge any and all comers to a 1 on 1 showdown when Brawl comes out. (Ya know....after we practice up) That's right, I want to face you, all of you at your best! And that goes for all you smash veterans, MLG pros, causal folk, and you newcomers to the series. I want to take my game up to the next level so I need all the practice rounds I can get! Don't get me wrong, I'm coming off as confident, not cocky. Ha ha! So I say bring it on! *grins*

Anyone out their feel the way I feel?

Current Challengers
Takashi
Rhyme
Spindash
Nightcloud
Sfoth
Dragonblade
Kio Iranez
Caselm
DeuceBlade
Psydon
Tutter
Djcs
Skyace89
BraveDave88
AttackstorM
Ultimate Shinigami
Allin
Digital Angel
jigedysmashmo
FireJumpPunch
NoNessNoProblem
Crystallion
studgangsta
Shadow312
reu_1303
Kooichi
Eternal Phoenix Fire
Dubyah8r
Eaode

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
If Brawl was coming in 2008, yes, I'd feel that way.
Don't worry about it bro. You may be getting in the summer, but atleast you'll get it. I feel so sympathic for you man.

Don't worry, keep your spirits up and we'll scrap and no time at all. Just you and me, mano e mano! That and we could team up too!

@Coselm: Challenge accepted!

Psydon

Smash Journeyman
I feel as you do, minus the enthusiasm. =P I don't care about winning or losing, though I am going to of course try to win; I just want to play as many people as I can, especially people from this site, because I know the people here care about and love the game.

I accept your challenge, and also give out my challenge to Smash players the world over. ^_^

tutter

Smash Apprentice
I want to battle a ton on wifi, once i practice of course, but only in the name of good fun.

Djcs_

Smash Rookie
I am going to practice on "With Anyone" for a long time before I even touch "With Friends."

Kio Iranez

Smash Ace
Did you know there's a buddy list on swf? I'll add you right now and you better expect a PM from me sometime February 10th. >;D

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
Did you know there's a buddy list on swf? I'll add you right now and you better expect a PM from me sometime February 10th. >;D
But of course. My buddy list is chalk full of rivals/friends/comrades. Alright, I'll take you up on your offer. By all means, pm me.

Give it your all & absolute best when we finally scrap!:grin: And that goes for the rest of you. Train hard!

DragonBlade

Smash Journeyman
I don't want to demovitate you or anything like that, but its likely you won't be able to play a majority of the people you meet on smashboards due to lag. There will still be a skill gap between tournement players and the rest like in Melee, though it might be smaller because the online will allow for some battles.

Kio Iranez

Smash Ace
Isn't lag supposed to be for worldwide or something like that? Besides, you probably can't proclaim lag when you haven't played it yourself.

Also, Wii Lan Adapter = Less lag.

skyace89

Smash Journeyman
i feel the exact same way i cant way to play the ppl here on smashboards so i will be adding all of you to my buddy list so when brawl comes out i can pm u guys to get your friend code and promptly destroy you.:chuckle:

BraveDave88

Smash Apprentice
Alright Shadownexus, even though you're probably far more skilled than I am, I wouldn't mind brawling with you at all.... after Subspace Emmisary of course. Sadly, I don't have many people in the area to smash with, so the best I can do to train is fight a team of two level 9's, Fox and Falco. Pretty lamesauce, really.

On the subject of skill gaps, there will most definitely still be one, but with the floodgates open for new technical skills, I think we can guarantee a rise of new Smash pros (like me, someday... I hope.)

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
Alright Shadownexus, even though you're probably far more skilled than I am, I wouldn't mind brawling with you at all.... after Subspace Emmisary of course. Sadly, I don't have many people in the area to smash with, so the best I can do to train is fight a team of two level 9's, Fox and Falco. Pretty lamesauce, really.

On the subject of skill gaps, there will most definitely still be one, but with the floodgates open for new technical skills, I think we can guarantee a rise of new Smash pros (like me, someday... I hope.)
People are always calling me Shadownexus now adays.:smoke: No biggie, it's cool.

Don't worry about a thing BraveD. For one, not many people have even played the Brawl demo. Secondly, you'll be able to get a whole lot better once you've played alot of people online, ask around for advice about the latest tech moves, and such. At ease solider. Still though, the hours I'm gonna put into practice are going to be mindboggling.:dizzy:

Alright, everyone use your buddy list to keep track of the challenges you receive. I'm doing that as we speak.

DragonBlade

Smash Journeyman
Isn't lag supposed to be for worldwide or something like that? Besides, you probably can't proclaim lag when you haven't played it yourself.

Also, Wii Lan Adapter = Less lag.
The game isn't going to change how the internet is connected. We will still get the same amount of lag that we do now, which I find will be difficult to play smash with when your opponents are too far away. I doubt Brawl's new mechanics will make much of a difference, unless they decided to remove all techniques that require speed and precision.

Kio Iranez

Smash Ace
The game isn't going to change how the internet is connected. We will still get the same amount of lag that we do now, which I find will be difficult to play smash with when your opponents are too far away. I doubt Brawl's new mechanics will make much of a difference, unless they decided to remove all techniques that require speed and precision.
What I meant was that a direct connection to your modem is probably better than a wi-fi hotspot or router in any case. You're right about the speed thing, but Brawl is supposed to be a slower game in general.

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
I guess Sakurai is really underestimating how popular this game will be...

Eventually, he and a couple of other suits from Nintendo are going to have to sit down and fix this problem. Hopefully, they do this.

Novus

Smash Apprentice
...you're not allowed to tell me how you're coming off.

That's against the rules!

Novus

Smash Apprentice
"and fix this problem. "

...what problem?

You want Nintendo to "fix" the internet?

DragonBlade

Smash Journeyman
Obviously it's not the Internet if the Xbox gets no lag.
It is from the internet. There are a few things you can do with your stuff to fix it, like the wired adapter like you mentioned, but that still won't remove the lag from sending the signal over the internet. Xbox isn't a magical device, it will get the same amount of lag as anything else connected the same way. Theres probably few xbox games at the speed of smash so it seems like there is "no lag".

Sfoth

Smash Rookie
I will accept the challanges from those who think they can beat a master. (not cocky) I know its true

Nightcloud

Smash Journeyman
Brawl is just around the corner, so I have to get this off my chest. . .

I just want to make something perfectly clear. For one reason or another, I am sooooo AMPED to challenge any and all comers to a 1 on 1 showdown when Brawl comes out. (Ya know....after we practice up) That's right, I want to face you, all of you at your best! And that goes for all you smash veterans, MLG pros, causal folk, and you newcomers to the series. I want to take my game up to the next level so I need all the practice rounds I can get! Don't get me wrong, I'm coming off as confident, not cocky. Ha ha! So I say bring it on! *grins*

Sounds good dude start makeing that challenger's list cause ur going to go thru alot of Matches! lol

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
I challenge you, and I challenge all pros and mods too. I'm taking brawl super serious because I came into advanced techs and pro play late for melee. This time I'm going all the way so I need to get my name out there. Let's see if you're ready for the Berserker (ZERK)
Ultimate Shinigami eh? Yeah sure I'll take ya on! You sound tough enough.

Same thing goes with you AttackstorM. I'll add you both to the list on the first page.

Digital Angel

Smash Journeyman
Original Poster is stereotypical noob vets will beat up on for combo practice.

This topic is also stupid.

Digital Angel

Smash Journeyman
Talk is cheap, lets Brawl.
I'm not one of the obessive freaks who insists this game the day of. I have a job, bills, and house payment to pay. If you would like to Wi-Fi with me sometime during March or April when I have a Wii and the game I'll take you to school however.

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
I'm not one of the obessive freaks who insists this game the day of. I have a job, bills, and house payment to pay. If you would like to Wi-Fi with me sometime during March or April when I have a Wii and the game I'll take you to school however.
Responsiblities are a ***** arent' they? I should know I have the same exact things you have to deal with. Still, you can't have atleast 1 match with me with all your big talk about how I'm a noob? Again nobody has really touched this game in all of it's entirety so their aren't any experts here....yet.

Whatever floats your boat. Pfft....

@Allin, you're ON! I'll add you to the list.

Digital Angel

Smash Journeyman
Digital Angel is stereotypical cynic who will play the game a couple of times and then hate it because he won't be good right away.

That post was also not necessary.
Your definition of cynic would appear to be non-delusional as the rest of the optimists on this board mostly are quite deluded. There are very few posters worth recognizing here, but I am grateful for their contribution. My cynicism only serves to help people discover what a breeding ground for spam smashboards has become. While my motives may seem malacious to the unthinking mind I assure you they do have a good purpose.

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
Your definition of cynic would appear to be non-delusional as the rest of the optimists on this board mostly are quite deluded. There are very few posters worth recognizing here, but I am grateful for their contribution. My cynicism only serves to help people discover what a breeding ground for spam smashboards has become. While my motives may seem malacious to the unthinking mind I assure you they do have a good purpose.
This isn't rocket science no matter how hard you want it to be. This site is designed to unite all of us Smash fans as a whole, to play the game we love and to improve our skills so one day we can dish it out with the best of them.

To accept my challenge or not? That is the question. If you don't, well, then you have no business posting here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom