• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SHAD is back

Grizzlpaw

Rawr~ ♪
3DS FC
1289-9519-4206
I'm not sure if people already knew about this, but I decided to make a thread about it just in case.

After messing around with Charizard in Training mode, I realized that Charizard can SHAD and land with without lag.

All he has to do is

1. Jump

2. Quickly input an Airdodge

3. Press A slightly before landing.

And Charizard will land without lag. This works regardless of which direction is held on the circle pad.

So for you fellow Charizard mains out there who were worried about Charizard's terrible roll, you now have a new option at your disposal to help keep yourself safe.

That is all. Happy Smashing!

:006:

RadianB

Smash Journeyman
We've known about this since the release of the 3DS version.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I'm not sure if people already knew about this, but I decided to make a thread about it just in case.

After messing around with Charizard in Training mode, I realized that Charizard can SHAD and land with without lag.

All he has to do is

1. Jump

2. Quickly input an Airdodge

3. Press A slightly before landing.

And Charizard will land without lag. This works regardless of which direction is held on the circle pad.

So for you fellow Charizard mains out there who were worried about Charizard's terrible roll, you now have a new option at your disposal to help keep yourself safe.

That is all. Happy Smashing!

:006:
This is true and it's been known but it is good for a reminder either way.

Davregis

Smash Apprentice
This is a good place to talk about it, then. When is it useful? It seems like Zard shouldn't be in the air unless the opponent is as well or some specific circumstances(?)

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Short hopping is ok to do frequently as Zard has a good few options out of SH, like Nair. Zard also doesn't mind following character into the air and trading with them. Charizard likes to stay grounded but SHing is actually just an extension of that really, given its nature.

This is basically a safe version of empty short hopping to throw off your opponent or force them to commit to something and then do something to them.

SmashRacer

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SmashRacer
Don't know if this is useful
After the SHAD you can input any special move. There might be a small mindgame with Fly

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
Its really useful, you can bait someone into doing a smash with that and you just lcancel your airdodge into rocksmash or fly, even if they hit your superarmor will protect you.
This sounds like a hilarious trick to pull out once in a set to get you a kill you really need, thanks!

Bloodcross

Smash Champion
im bumping this cuz this is cool

btw you can airdodge from the ledge and do your jabs and specials too

also i dont think his back roll is that bad

Last edited:
Top Bottom