• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SFU whyisdreamlandtheonlythingihearattournaments - Burnaby, B.C. - August 27th, 2011

Metà

Smash Master
Singles: (23 entrants)
1: Silent Wolf
2: Yui (Sion)
3: Meta
4: DieSlow
5: Blunted_object10
5: Vish
7: Daltsy
7: xXx-NoobKing-xXx
9: t-iceman
9: Tahsis
9: TERROR BIIIiiI11rtrd
9: DJ Combo
13: Dynamism
13: Wilfred
13: Teh Icy
13: Daze
17: Buddy
17: Crispii
17: Faceman
17: Snooki
17: Lib3r4t3
17: The Situation
17: AugustZerg (Mike)

Doubles: (10 teams)
1: Combo Status (Silent Wolf + DJ Combo)
2: Blunted_object10 + Daltsy
3: Coquitlam's Finest (Meta + Tahsis)
4: Nam Scam (Dieslow + NoobKing)
5: Kongzilla (Bwmat + Rusty Shacklefurd)
5: TERROR BIIIIIIIIIRRRRDDDDDDDD (Terror Bird + DaZe)
7: Eagle Park (Mike + Will)
7: Dynamism + Lib3r4t3
9: Herp Derp (FACEMAN + Gomb)
9: Mr. Lahey and friends (Snooki + Ashton)

t3h Icy

Smash Master
I had so much fun at this! I'm a little disappointed with my placing, especially with how close I was to reaching my goal of 9th, but that's tough. Guess I'll have to keep getting better. :awesome:

Shoutout:

Ashton - GGs! It's too bad you had a rough bracket; I think you could have done better. Sorry for trashtalking with you thinking you were Edgeluca, lol.

Blunted Object - Oof, I think you could have done better than 5th on your first tournament back, but you did your best. Grats on just about winning teams and good **** on the triple simultaneous knee in the Falcon Challenge! :awesome:

Buddy - Our Sheik dittos are always a lot of fun, and I like your random rests you get with Jigglypuff! Once you get your CGs against other Sheiks in consistently, our dittos will be even more epic! Or gay... One of those. :D

Bwmat - You're funny to watch in teams! :awesome:

Crispii- I love your Doc, it's pretty badass! You're a pretty solid player and if you improve your overall game a bit, you could start becoming dangerous!

Daltsy - Good job on 2nd in Teams. It's a bit rough losing when it was that close, but you did really well, despite a little choking. Maybe if you team with Eric more, you'll become a sick team! :D

Daze - I don't think Sheik is supposed to lose to Ganon. Or get 4-stocked. ;;>_> GGs in friendlies!

Dieslow - Good job on doing so well in the bracket. It's too bad you ran into Meta twice and didn't get a chance to face Silent Wolf or Sion. You'll get Evan one day! :D

DJ Combo - I think we only play one half match, but from what I saw in teams, you have a really solid Marth. Good stuff winning Teams and thanks for coming up to BC!

Dynamism - Dude, your noises and silliness are so distracting and funny when playing! XD I really dig all the characters you can play well. Friendlies with you were a blast!

Faceman - Nice Falcon and ggs in friendlies! Your combos are good, but slow down your approach a little so you don't get *****! :D

Fpoon - We didn't play too much, but ggs in friendlies.

Get@will - I don't think we played at all, but your Falcon is **** and stuff. :D

Gomb - Good Puff, keep at it! Try not to make your Rest setups too obvious and you'll catch your opponents with them a lot more. :D

Meta - GGs and thanks for hosting everything. Congrats on getting 3rd and doing well for another tournament. Team friendlies were too good!

Mictroll_notactuallybluefalco - Terrorized... :troll: GGs in friendlies!

Liberate - Sheik dittos were fun and ggs! We both feel victim to Graaaaaaaahhhhhheg! :awesome:

Noobking - I think you're the only person I didn't play the whole tournament, but that's cool. I know you're a bit disappointed in 7th, but that's still pretty good dude. Or maybe New West just sucks. :awesome:

Rusty - You're ****ing hilarious dude! Double Bowser Dthrow "SEX!" combo was so funny.

Silent Wolf - Congrats on winning everything! Your Fox was a lot of fun to play and I love seeing your insane technical skill! :D

Sion - You were so close to getting that 2nd set, but were a little short. Your Falco did so many things nobody's seen before and if you keep improving, you'll be a top Falco in the world very soon!

t-Iceman - Friendlies with you were so intense and fun! You have pretty solid spacies for a Marth main too.

Tahsis - You're a funny dude. =P Good job making it to Winners' Finals in teams and ggs in friendlies!

Terror Bird - RAAAAAAAAWWWWWHHHH!!! GGs in bracket dude. Our set is my new favorite and was so intense! I played my absolute best with no errors, so no johns at all; you bested me, but don't think I won't be ready to crush you next time! ;D I WANTED THAT LAST HIT SO BADLY!

Vish - Very sexy, combo-y Falcon! Grats on your run through Losers' bracket. It was fun playing you dude!

Wilfred - Nice Peach! I hadn't met you before, so I hope you start coming to more tournaments and smashfests!

xXx-NoobKing-xXx

Smash Hero
Sion went Sheik against me >=/

What a **** character how do I beat it? lol

GG's I guess. I felt I played my best early on in the day during doubles and from 1-4am at the venue that same night against my *****h T-bird who impressed me immensely with his improvement by the way.

Vish, next time I'll bring the ****. >=) Good job though, ur falcon has seriously improved alot. I did not expect that. =D. see you this weekend... hopefully.

Evan (meta) good **** getting 3rd. Also sorry if I was a deusche after the tournament but really appreciated you hosting. Also, thanks for beating Vish ^___^

Sion - next time. U ****. Falco. PEW!.

Nate - I ***** you so hard in doubles. see you this weekend... hopefully.

Otto - We didn't play a single match. see you this weekend... hopefully.

t-iceman - your marths aight. Work on your spacing. You's a chill dude. Was cool meeting you. See you this weekend... hopefully.

tony - sorry about choking in that last set in doubles. I know we coulda done better seeing as how we beating the winning team in pools >=/

Yakal - GG's bra. Last match last stock. I felt like we were both playing kinda "meh" though.

Yakal

Torquasm-Rao
1: Silent Wolf - Good job getting 1st in both events, Wont be so easy next time
2: Yui (Sion) - Almost had a 2nd set, lol @ sheik
3: Meta - I like our team
4: DieSlow - Stop losing to that ^ kid
5: Blunted_object10 - you weren't supposed to be here
5: Vish - Didn't play you
7: Daltsy - Hate how you play, so gay lmao
7: xXx-NoobKing-xXx - Next time
9: t-iceman - You're not black
9: Tahsis - You could have done better
9: TERROR BIIIiiI11rtrd - stop being me
9: DJ Combo - why are you still good
13: Dynamism - lol come to lower mainland more <3
13: Wilfred - remember when you were first
13: Teh Icy - Played you once, keep practicing. !
13: Daze - lol you're a flippin' monster, we need more people like you in the community. TV
17: Buddy - sfat!!!
17: Crispii - lol you're so chill, we must play moar
17: Faceman - Thanks for comin' out and stuff, glad you guys had a good time, hope to see you more
17: Snooki - lmao
17: Lib3r4t3 - I can see the improvement, keep it up.
17: The Situation - Slurpee's are ****ing delicious
17: AugustZerg (Mike) - LOL

Thanks for the tourney and see WA next weekend

and then Victoria the weekend after

!

Metà

Smash Master
shout-outs:

1: Silent Wolf - i don't even know what to do against you. you just run circles around me. i need to learn to DI the up-air better. gg's man. let's do that falco puff money match next weekend.
2: Yui (Sion) - stop grabbing me LOL. let's hang out sometime. you're like the only person in bc other than me that listens to j-core lol
4: DieSlow - those were some really intense sets. i think you need to be more aggressive against me though. gg's
5: Blunted_object10 - lol i'm glad i didn't have to fight you in losers. that would have been a really, really long set. hahaha
5: Vish - good games. your falcon has gotten really good, your combos are on point. i wanna play more spacies against your falcon next weekend. jigglypuff is boring and dumb. gg's
7: Daltsy - busting out the falcon lol. good **** in teams
7: xXx-NoobKing-xXx - i was hoping to get to face you in brackets : (
9: t-iceman - too many evans lol. good marth
9: Tahsis - back-throw to resttttt so delicious
9: TERROR BIIIiiI11rtrd - those falco dittos were really fun : ) i feel like we were both playing to be as flashy as possible, lol
9: DJ Combo - it was nice seeing you again. your marth is still pretty beast for having been gone so long from the scene. see you next week at gc
13: Dynamism - omfg skull bash edge-guard. you are awesome
13: Wilfred - nice seeing you again. pal version was fun lol. btw you were right about peach's dash attack being weaker. i think that's the only thing that changed about peach, other than her high tier match-ups being easier
13: Teh Icy - you played really well in your set. you've come a long way in a short amount of time. keep it up!
13: Daze - thanks a lot for bringing that tv. i really appreciate that. i'll try to come out to vancouver island sometime. gg's
17: Buddy - lol so many random rests. teams matches were a lot of fun
17: Crispii - i love how you guys bring food to tournaments. i should start doing that lol. gg's
17: Faceman - your ganon is pretty good. we should play sometime.
17: Snooki - let's go for pho again this week. smash + pho + alcohol = yes?
17: Lib3r4t3 - didn't get to play you much this time. i'll probably come visit you guys sometime soon. you guys should host a big smashfest when that happens : )
17: The Situation - i didn't even play you lol.
17: AugustZerg (Mike) - level up yo

Bamesy

Smash Ace
...making interesting maneuvers in the Okanagan...
1: Silent Wolf - You're like, my fave to play and watch evar! Thanks for coming up and all the matches etc. So good to see you again!
2: Yui (Sion) - LOVE YOOOOOOUUUUU
3: Meta - That was a great tourney, best host evar and pwnfacing everyone while you do it. Epic, come visit sometime! Food is legit, but us hosting a 'big tournament' means... 7 people max. LOL
4: DieSlow - Great playing/seeing you again, you can still win tourneys, it's not that far off cause you're pro.
5: Blunted_object10 - ERIC BROWN ERIC BROWN ERIC BROWN ERIC BROWN
5: Vish - Didn't play/talk to you, but still saw you arping. Nice work!
7: Daltsy - daaaaaltssyyyyyy
7: xXx-NoobKing-xXx - ggs and good shizzat, you're awesome as always! ADAM BROWN ADAM BROWN
9: t-iceman - Nice meeting you and playing you, you're awesome, keep it up and pwnfacing will come!
9: Tahsis - Pwning faces whhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaat?
9: TERROR BIIIiiI11rtrd - TERRORIZEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
9: DJ Combo - So great to meet you. Looking forward to playing again and seeing how much closer to top form you'll be!
13: Wilfred - Awesome matches! You're fun to play and we had so many shenanigans with stitches!
13: Teh Icy - Yayuhz you're doing great, we'll play again sometime soon. You're gonna pwn faces soon!
13: Daze - The beast! You're so awesome! I'll come visit sometime.
17: Buddy - Yo you're rad! See you again!
17: Crispii - werd
17: Faceman - NIIIICE matches you'll be pwning faces like a facepwnman in no time!
17: Snooki - Yo you're rad too! See you again!
17: Lib3r4t3 - werd
17: The Situation - Yo why are there so many rad people?!?!
17: AugustZerg (Mike) - GGs that was epic training! Freakin shine turn around broken!

What made this tournament so great for me was how nearly EVERYONE I played said I was super fun to play. I've always wanted to have maximum fun when playing, and I think maybe it's finally wearing off on my opponents etc. Glad people are having as much fun playing against me as I do against them. LOVE YOU ALL!

Will be back... less than 10 months from now. That last break from smash was a liiiiiittle longer than expected. LOL
So happy things are even more awesome than they were last October. Good stuff everybody!!!!

woop

Top Bottom