• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SFU May 31st Tournament

Firestorm88

Smash Lord
http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=1135
Full results with who beat who will be up at the above link. They'll be up in about 24 - 48 hours. If you have an allisbrawl account (or just make one), click attending so I can try linking up the tournament results to your allisbrawl profile.

Brawl Singles

1: dieslow
2: Cloud
3: ChaoZ
4: liveryman
5: Hershy
5: Gerald
7: Rampage
7: Rambo
9: Firestorm
9: Jeff
9: Trozz
9: CanadianSniper
13: Jumboz
13: Login Error
13: Von
13: AJ
17: Rory
17: Lageno
17: Camerican
17: Dynamism
17: Justin
17: Ced
17: Meracanus
17: Joshz
25: Marin
25: V
25: lulz
25: Hindu
25: TKB
25: Kikisu

Brawl Doubles

1: Viets ****
2: Brown Town
3: Cameron & Francis
4: Team Ced and Corbon
5: James Tony
5: Team Delicious Pizza
7: AJ Rambo
7: Team Random
9: Jeff Berry
9: Matt and Shawn
9: Justin Shaq
13: Mark Michael

64 Singles

1: unityole
2: xXx-Noobking-xXx
3: Bwmatt
4: Sean
5: ChaoZ
5: Firestorm
7: Login Error

Firestorm88

Smash Lord
Characters for top eight?
I don't know all of them, but this is what i remember:

1: dieslow (Snake/Meta Knight)
2: Cloud (Meta Knight)
3: ChaoZ (Mario)
4: liveryman (Game & Watch? He was using Olimar instead this time I think)
5: Hershy (Diddy Kong)
5: Gerald (Wario)
7: Rampage (Marth)
7: Rambo (not sure... might have been Game & Watch)

And they might have been using more than that, but that's what I believe their mains were.

Firestorm88

Smash Lord
When I played Rambo, he used Snake. He also used a wiimote XD

oh and there's a **** '*' in my online alias dammit! :chuckle:
Sorry tio didn't have it >_>;; I guess that's what the asterix in that really hard to understand writing was. Blame Jack.
Cloud scared the F*CK out of everyone...what a kid haha

Marth/Metaknight

remember, fire? >_> LOL

aww...seventh? boo...
Haha you used MK like twice that I saw. And one was just to destroy mine (good move there) :p

Rampage

vx
give me your email firestorm maybe we can play the crappy online part of BARLW

btw did ANYBODY hear what that kids name was?

talking_chicken

Smash Apprentice
Holy crap, someone comes from almost nowhere and takes second? And beat Dieslow in a set? Good stuff!

It's also nice to see the top 8 not being infested with Snake/MK. Good job to the Mario taking third.

Congrats for liverymen taking fourth, too. I don't know who he played, but based on past experience playing him, he's pretty much given up G&W and is using Olimar instead. If that's the case, I think it paid off. Victoria represent! :p

Clouderz

Smash Ace
give me your email firestorm maybe we can play the crappy online part of BARLW

btw did ANYBODY hear what that kids name was?
my name was Cloud as gamertag, and real name is David :) i forgot who you were, i played too many people.. >____>

TheKoopaBros.

Smash Journeyman
I guess this would be as good a place to post shoutouts if anywhere.

Even though I got last place, losing both of my matches I had a lot of fun, and generally had an awesome time. Now for random shoutouts:

Von: Awesome, and very close Ness/Lucas matches in a tournament. Both matches came right down to the last stock at high percents; I felt the matches could have gone either way. Your use of Lucas's Nair kept owning me. XD

Firestorm: Good match; you're metaknight is pretty good and what I saw from your Toon Link he's pretty decent as well. Its a shame I didn't play more than that one match with you.

Dynamism: Nice to meet you, and play with you in 1 vs 1 and 2 vs 2 friendlies, you're as broken as always with random. XD

Canadian*Sniper: Nice to meet you too. You're Fox has seemed to have gotten better since I've played you last, and we had some good games.

liveryman: Very nice Olimar and Ice Climbers. Too good for me but great skill and good matches regardless of me losing to you. :p

And **** those finals were epic. Usually meta knight matches bore me but the mindgames, crazy DI and unexpected wins in those finals were just amazing. A big congrats to Cloud and dieslow.

This tournament was a lot of fun, and I learned a lot from, and I definitely would like to attend more of them in the area in the near future.

Long enough post? :p

cedrick

Smash Apprentice
hey first time coming out for smash and i had a lot of fun. i wouldve liked to have seen the singles finals but i had to leave early :(. haha that little dude's metaknight is legit. so was the mario... so gross.. anyway, ill see you guys at the next one

was anyone there from the coquitlam/portmoody area? our group is small and looking for more ppl to play with. lemme know

unityole

Smash Lord
thnaks for posting up the results firestorm! adam took a set off me in the final, hes too ****, the brown town brothers.

Rampage

vx
hey first time coming out for smash and i had a lot of fun. i wouldve liked to have seen the singles finals but i had to leave early :(. haha that little dude's metaknight is legit. so was the mario... so gross.. anyway, ill see you guys at the next one

was anyone there from the coquitlam/portmoody area? our group is small and looking for more ppl to play with. lemme know
Matt and myself are from coquitlam. I'd gladly play with you guys.

Noypi_GjD

Smash Journeyman
Oh man, good tournament. Oh man, Cloud dominated so hard o.O. I now officially hate Snake/Metaknight's now. Disappointing how me and my brother got the same position at 5th XD..after I managed to luck out against Trozz/Rambo/Lageno at last stock ^_^. Great to see new people at the scene.

Anyone up for DotA =P.

Matt was the one shaking the vending machine =P.

Camerican

Smash Apprentice
DOTA!!!!!! INDeeD!? im down for some smasher dota,
Also, its camerican + francis now cameron XD also, id liek to say i got a hard bracket xD and almost beat both of them : / there goes my shot at pr XD

liverymen

Smash Apprentice
Weee, awesome tourney. Was much more organized than SFU6. Had a lot of fun with thsoe who came out and got drunk after it all.

I only used GW in doubles btw. Singles I stuck to Olimar and Ice Climbers.

corbinvenida

Smash Apprentice
hey guys, it was the first time out to one of these things for me, and i had a lot of fun playing and standing watching games while being confused on what TV i have to be at to play. Wished i could have seen the end of the finals, but im sure it was pretty epic. Anyway il see you guys on the 7th

o btw, Clouds metaknight is teh awezomes.

But hey hit me up if any local guys from Port Moody of Coquitlam want to play, Like ced said our group is small... so yeah.

Ttylz

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I know who cloud is :).

Good **** cloud.

You must be getting better ^_^. <3.

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
Oh, so Gerald was the Wario that knocked me into the loser bracket. Nice work Gerald. I should've had you with Marth and I was just stupid with Lucas but you sure punished me for it which shows some made skills. Well done, catch you next time.

TKB, CS, Rampage: Nice to finally Brawl you in person. Nice moves, it's better live than online for sure. Brawl you later maybe. lol

Iveryman: I so wanted to ditto your ICs but you asked so I didn't lol. I would've liked to play your sick Olimar that I heard about though. Next time then, keep it up.

Cloud, dieslow: Insane finals, very entertaining. I didn't get to play against you 1v1 though. At least I got to Doubles against the ridiculous team of John and Tony then friendly the ridiculous team of Eric and Tony before that. That was fun, glad I can at least keep up.

Eric: Crazy Mario! I love it, only got to play doubles with you though sort of. Sadly, I never did get to Brawl you in the tourney or mms or friendlies... :( We HAVE to next time. I know our online matches aren't nearly as fun as they would've been live.

Glad I could watch some sick 64 and melee too there.

First Brawl tourney for both me and my bro and first SMASH outside of Kelowna in over 4 years. I have a more crammed schedule now than I did then but at least I can travel now so expect more of me in future tourneys.

And thanks for the various scattered compliments about my Random. Next time, I wont be taking this like a casual experiment because now I know what to expect and know where I am. I know what I need to do at one of these so I plan to actually try and win or at least do as well as I can when I'm there again. That means not Random EVERY match because I'll counter pick and no screwing around in matches to test things out for fun to see if they work on others even if they don't work on my bro.

And my bro will come again too. He did better than me (apparently, shows how seriously I took this lol) and we got to be on the same team for the first time ever in doubles. We sure clicked too. We'll be Mario and Bowser again because it was just so classic being that pair and owning. And it seemed to work sometimes more than I thought it would lol. My bro only picked up smash competitively a couple weeks ago. He sure impressed me haha

Hopefully there will be a better turn out the next time I come around. As in John, Tiep, Ryab etc will be there. The more competition the better. There are very few people that actually got to see me play so I think there will be some surprises when I pop up again. haha ;)

And 3 stocking both matches against a beginner in the first round sure gets me out of the zone, holy crap lol

Edit: Trozz, we never got to play either...online!

Top Bottom