• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sexualization in Smash

Status
Not open for further replies.

D3w3y

Smash Cadet
Im pretty sure game and watch is naked I think we should remove him from the game its just not appropriate.

Relax they weren't trying to harm anyone in the making of this game... I promise.

Slugma128

Smash Journeyman
Im pretty sure game and watch is naked I think we should remove him from the game its just not appropriate.

Relax they weren't trying to harm anyone in the making of this game... I promise.
Seriously, those kind of posts are so ******* old. It was long ago those were funny.

Slugma128

Smash Journeyman
Hmm... why is that it is taboo talking about how hot a female character is, but it's perfectly OK to talk about the male charaters in such a way?

RolandBeoulve

Smash Apprentice
Run! zombie topic.... Zamus looked better with the extra junk in the trunk /shrug. It's a game girls have boobs get over it. Do you really feel objectified women? really? REALLY? I wish I could find that picture of peach in just an apron=/

Gazdakka Gizbang

Smash Apprentice
Just to start the discussion off, personally I'm kind of against it, even if it is taking the character in a 'new' direction. As far as ethics is concerned, I'm against the sexualization of women in general in gaming (you'd think us nerds would have enough pr0n on our hard drives without having to fill our games with softcore these days : P), but in terms of canon, Samus was always portrayed as a strong woman because of circumstance more than anything (especially with the killing of her family and unwilling adoption by the Chozo), beautiful as a matter of coincidence. She certainly doesn't flaunt it (Power Suits aren't very sexy), but she doesn't need to, either. She, unlike so many female protagonists, gets the job done without using feminine wiles, which is why she is so respected. In those terms, having Samus as some scantily-clad blonde running around willingly in nothin' at all is kind of insulting to the character (especially considering the ZSS sequence in M:ZM was intended, I think, to be interpreted more as Samus being in distress than anything else).
I've always known that Samus is a sexy demon underneath that suit, but she'll always be an awesome character before a sexualised one. That Power Suit is her identity, nothing beats her reign from Metroid II to Metroid Fusion.

Yeah...be ready with what we want and the opposite of what we want, just in case.
Or we could just give you nothing for being too greedy. That works too...

Samus changed from a fatass to a toned *** (from Zero Mission to Brawl)
I don't know about your standards, but they must be pretty high. That bum certainly wasn't fat and it's even less-so now. You'd probably be lucky to find a woman who can fit into that suit without being a twig.

Why Doesn't Jigglypuff wear a two piece?
Because Jigglypuff isn't unanimously female. In fact, we don't even know which gender it is. It can be caught in both male and female forms in the original games, and there's no difference in appearance between the two...

Slugma128

Smash Journeyman
I don't know about your standards, but they must be pretty high. That bum certainly wasn't fat and it's even less-so now. You'd probably be lucky to find a woman who can fit into that suit without being a twig.
You don't need high standards to see that she has a fatass in Zero Mission.

Seriously, it's pretty **** big.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Hmm... why is that it is taboo talking about how hot a female character is, but it's perfectly OK to talk about the male charaters in such a way?
Because 99% of the time when it's about Male characters, you know they're just messing around, but when it's about the female members, it becomes a bit awkward and uncomfortable.

And in my own case, reminds me too much of Joshcube....

And as Thiocyanide has correctly said, this discussion about the butts of videogame characters, is indeed stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom