• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Setting up with EasyCap

Meme

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
6939 6733 3968
I recently got EasyCap and I've been wondering. If it is possible (how?) to record Audio Commentary of some sorts... kind of like the HMW's videos has on his channel.

Vlade

Social Outcast
I'm not sure about what you're using, but it is possible to do audio commentary with any capture device as far as I know.

What I do is just use Audacity, a free audio program which also lets you record sound like commentary. So you just plug in a microphone and record that with Audacity while you're recording the match, then afterwards you just sync it in a video editting program, such as windows movie maker or sony vegas (whatever you use).

Moor57

Smash Rookie
I don't know how the EasyCap works on a Vista machine, but on my XP laptop (with only a 1.8Ghz Centrino processor) it works very well for turning VHS tapes into DVD's or ISO files. The Driver is simple and straight forward to install, and I am certain that the majority of people that have complained about poor audio quality haven't taken the time to set up the Capture or Burn settings correctly. The Audio Capture settings default to 64kbs Mpeg, which will result in poor audio quality. The Audio Capture setting needs to be increased to at least 128kbs, or better yet - LPCM Audio. It is easy to overlook this, and it is critical for good audio performance - especially for concert tapes. The Ulead software takes some time to master, but it works quite well after learning it, and the quality of the DVD's or ISO files (including motion menu's and chapters) it burns/generates is very good.
==========
hedonism ii
cytomel

Top Bottom