• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Setting up the disable.

Pdiz

Smash Apprentice
Disable is a tricky move to use and takes a lot of practice to use it effectively. To be honest, I don't think any of the best mewtwo players use it to its full potential. I find it best though to use it when the spacing between you and your opponent is just right -- that is, you two are far enough from each such that you can't really ftilt them or fsmash or do whatever from that distance (same for them), yet you're too close to do a running attack or running grab. When that's the case, you can usually bearly hit them with the disable, and they won't see it coming. So in other words, use it at its greatest distance, not when you're right in their face.

Another way you can use iti s you can hit people coming in with a fair that takes a while for the damage animation to come out, aka, ganon's fair or something. Basically what this does is as they're coming in with an fair, but before they can hit you, you can send them twirling downwards with the disable, cancelling their oncoming attack. However, this is pretty dangerous and some characters can get a really quick sex kick right out of it anyways, making it useless. I find it's best used against a ganon and some other characters, but use it carefully, because if you don't hit them or space it, then you can get hit really hard.

I'm not sure if this makes the move quicker or anything, but I typically short hop then down B. Also, even though the recovery is pretty slow, it's relatively a safe, not-so-punishable move, with the exception of the example above.

All in all, this is a move that shouldn't be ignored. There are some times where this move is the perfect move to use, but it requires a lot of time and practice to master.

DelxDoom

Smash Lord
Disable is one of the many very situational moves M2 has.
notes:
It stops your upward movement. Therefore you can jump at your opponent and Disable, giving it more reach.

It sucks against a shield. You will get severely punished if you whiff it on a shield, it does absolutely nothing here.

It only works if they're facing you. That's right, Jiggz/Zelda bair Wops are not to be challenged with Disable.

Other than that, use your surprise and ninja skillz.

Love the sig. needs black background instead of white, imo

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
Im a ninja....Link that is. The way i use disable that works at times is throw a baby shadow ball then do disable while theyre stunned for the hit. Also it'll turn the opponent around so it'll increase chances of hitting.

Smasher87

Smash Rookie
If you practice and practice your timing you could use Disable on an edgegaurder while your heading back towards the stage. I only do this if I have a a life to spare and it usually ends in me getting a Bair or Dsmash to the face. But other times it ends in the other guy saying, "What the ****!"

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
If you practice and practice your timing you could use Disable on an edgegaurder while your heading back towards the stage. I only do this if I have a a life to spare and it usually ends in me getting a Bair or Dsmash to the face. But other times it ends in the other guy saying, "What the ****!"
Well yes u can but u gotta be Really good with ur frames. Otherwise punishment. Also mindgame into using it most definitely like edge stall into it or wow this just popped into my head. Shadowball charge cancel into disable. Wow thats insane. I gotta try it later. It'll work best probably work best on sheik and falcon. Hopefully fellow mewtwos will try it.

Top Bottom