• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Set-ups with Bowser - The Master Plan [WIP]

x45x

Smash Cadet
jab 1, 2. What's sick about Bowser is that he can stop so freaking fast. At low percentage jab2 can be followed up with a jab 1 for a reset on no tech, a chase for back roll, pivot grab or stop --> dash for forward roll, shield(to punish) or down b for neutral or attack up. And note if you get that hard read, nothing is dumber than jab2 into a tech chase down b. 41 damage? I can't check values right now.

That's Bowsers strongest point is that every move puts the opponent in another position that's not great. Bowser has the tools to make every defensive option risky. I'm happy we are putting this together =D

Jerodak

Smash Lord
NNID
Jerodak
3DS FC
1633-5601-9085
After playing around in training for a while, I've been able to get fair to combo off up throw on some charaters quite late, even at k.o percents on some characters, including Sheik, but it only worked near the ledge at around 99% and I'm pretty sure the true combo on her is frame perfect but I just double checked ad I'm writing this and I got the 10 hit combo with k.o lightning and everything. The only thing from there is testing D.I... unfortunately, i'm not able to test that on my own currently. It also combos surprisingly late on zss, on her I can get it to combo at 110 and the timing is noticably more forgiving than it is vs 99% Sheik. It also still does the danger lightning and scores a k.o! Of course, it doesn't work so well on floaties, but even when it doesn't grant a combo you still get decent spacing for air pressure and jump or airdodge baiting.

Edit: So I just found something pretty cool. It turns out that Bowser can perform real combos off of default side-b! So far I've only tested this on Battlefield but here is how it works. Land on the inside edge of one of the lower platforms while facing towards the central platform, d.I towards the central platform after landing; Bowser should land on the platform if done correctly. Then input the appropriate move.

Confirmed combos so far, all from 0%.
R.O.B
Side-b -> upsmash
Side-b -> down-b

Kirby
""-> nair
""-> uptilt

made sure to check on my 3ds which has the current updated version. I'v confirmed that this isn't Battlefield only, you can also use the Halberd platform when you're not docked on the ship. Other possibilities include sloped surfaces and the umbrellas at Delfino perhaps.

Oh and I should probably mention that I did use 1/4th (hold) mode to aid my test.

Situations where you can't land on the platform seem useful too, for instance, higher platforms might allow for easy tech-chase situations out of side b. Meanwhile, characters that are too floaty may still be in a bad position because they are forced to give up a jump. The platform should help to block out incoming aerials in those situations, so it may also force the opponent into a defensive position. Not sure how much of this is relevant to the thread though. In either case it would need to be properly tested.

@ Flayl Flayl some stuff you may want to test and/or add on.

Up throw to up air k.o combo:
Tested in training, only including instances where I got a 10 hit combo, may need tests for D.I. the combo might work past the mentioned percents, but by then up throw to fair still works, is easier, and can still K.O eventually anyway but you might need to be near a ledge, so it still may be worth it. All tests done on Final destination.

C.Falcon: 88-100%

Zss: 70-80% (and it's not frame perfect!)

Dedede: 100-130% (you can finish him with fair instead at around 150 from just outside of center stage, the timing may be a bit tricky though.)

Link: 83-89? (95?)% (I got this to combo at 95 once, but I couldn't reproduce the results, so it might be frame perfect at that percent perhaps. Fair continues to work into the 130% range.)

Fox: 70? - ?? (It worked once at 70% could not reproduce the results. May be frame perfect. Might be good to test further later on. )

Falco: 72-77% (fair can work till about 100%)

Bowser Jr.: 84-99% "Hahaha! Nice try junior! Maybe after your horns grow in!" (Fair will k.o from the ledge at around 89% and continues working till 129.)

Gonna take a break for now, I'll add more later.

Last edited:
Top Bottom