• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Set key to Tilt, should it be included in future games?

Chris Lionheart

Smash Champion
Before anyone complains or closes this thread its not a complaint thread (or another one of those character suggestion threads), but just a suggestion. Its just something I've thought of recently from my own playing experience.

As we all know, the c-stick, d-pad, and stuff like that can be set to perform smash attacks. This helps people who have difficulty performing them (or who simply desire another way) to perform them more efficiently (as well as aiding in certain kinds of DI's).

I would like the ability to set these things to do tilts, rather than smashes, because I am, for some reason, very bad at pulling off tilts during battle (with the exception of the insanely easy d-tilt), when it actually matters. I usually hit the control stick very fast when I'm about to hit something, which always results in a smash when used on the ground.

I really don't see how this new function could hurt, as it is optional, and mainly serves as a crutch to less experienced players.

Doc Chronic

Smash Ace
The only tilt that i sometimes mess up is my f-tilt. The d-tilt is cake (naturally) and you can make the up-tilt cake by turning off 'tap jump'. I did think about the concept of tilts set to buttons, and how it may affect my game, but there is not a Nintendo compatible controller that can accommodate anything like that.

Rhubarbo

Smash Champion
When doing tilts, don't fully move the stick up. TILT it up a bit and then press a. It's very simple after routine practise!

Chris Lionheart

Smash Champion
you already can. set the C stick to "Attack" and it will do tilts.
:chuckle: Don't I feel stupid... guess the n00b tag has a reason. :laugh: Apparently they solved my problem... BEFORE I ASKED! :bee:

Edit:...
To bad that doesn't help me in Melee... I made this mistake because I haven't been able to get my Wii yet (played it a few times and liked it).

Top Bottom