• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sephiroth Stage "Northern Crater" — Legal?

pslamist

Smash Rookie
Slippi.gg
PLAM#184
Check it out! Looks like BF with Kalos-style side plats. I think they have legal stages in mind as of late, since they added Small BF, and I'm really hopeful about this one.

PS—This doesn't cover up anything shady that Nintendo has been up to lately. Don't let the hype distract from being heard. I just thought this would be a cool thing to talk about.

pslamist

Smash Rookie
Slippi.gg
PLAM#184
It resembles the battlefield that you fight Jenova Synthesis on. I wonder if that boss will make an appearance with Hazards on?
Could be! There's a chance that they just counted Sephiroth as the "boss," but maybe it'll be really similar to Midgar. Or totally different!

Dreamking

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DreamWanderer92
3DS FC
0817-5074-8674
Switch FC
6827-7951-1977
I'm not the best judge of stage legality, but I got the feeling that it was a transitioning stage like Castle Siege. I wonder how Cid's airship plays into the stage.

Overall, I think this stage is more interesting than the Midgar stage.

Bobthealligator

Smash Ace
It kind of depends on certain things we can't really tell yet.
Does the Stage transition with hazards on?
Are there any ceilings, or platforms off screen?
How big are the blast zones?
Does it have Fountain of Dreams esque framerate drops?
If none of those are issues then the only issue is being too similar to some already existing legal stages.

pslamist

Smash Rookie
Slippi.gg
PLAM#184
Maybe a non-issue, but I suppose if a tourney had any non-DLC setups, that could raise a potential issue.

roymustang1990-

Smash Ace
NNID
RoyMustang1990
For several months already since ultimate's release and playing ffvii remake. I always had these crazy unlikely thoughts about how cool it would be if sephiroth made it into smash just to fight cloud and other gaming icons,and to think that wish has now come to fruition. Words can't expressed how happy I am.

Jenovas Stage looks good by the way.no clue if it will be legal

Last edited:

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
Check it out! Looks like BF with Kalos-style side plats. I think they have legal stages in mind as of late, since they added Small BF, and I'm really hopeful about this one.

PS—This doesn't cover up anything shady that Nintendo has been up to lately. Don't let the hype distract from being heard. I just thought this would be a cool thing to talk about.

You forget, Competitive Smash is allergic to the idea of change or variety so they'll never go for it

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
We already have some fairly big stages, and this one just looks like Kalos, again. I would wait until they add some more small-ish competitive stages to make Norther Crater legal.

RIP|Merrick

Absolute Trash
NNID
Merricktherox
3DS FC
4339-2630-2726
Can't wait to test the blastzones and stage width and data on this one. So many basic stages with most of the character DLC releases and not a single one of them are legal.

Top Bottom