• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Atlantic South [Sep 26, 2015] MatthewsSmashers"Crazy 8"Grand Re-Opening! 9808 N.E. Pkwy , Matthews, NC 28105

tanookigamer01

Smash Apprentice
Here are the results of our Grand Re-opening!!!
Thank you to everybody who attended!! We truly appreciate you all and hope you had fun!!!!

Project M Winners:
1st Stingers
2nd Jelly
3rd Gato
8th Shieldz

http://smashboards.com/rankings/project-m-sept-2015.9113/event

Melee Winners:
1st NEG | Stingers
2nd Sharkz
3rd Peter (See Below)
8th NEG | Kragg

Smash 4 Winners:
1st Kai
2nd Stingers
3rd Antiyami
8th Veen

http://smashboards.com/rankings/sm4sh-sept-2015.9115/event

Amiibo Winner:
Failcant & Radichu

MATTHEWS SMASHERS
"
CRAZY 8"
TOURNAMENTS

ARE BACK!!

Join us for our "Grand Re-Opening" Celebration in our NEW venue (same building, other side!)

****SURPRISES, RAFFLES, PRIZES GALORE....
EXTRA "CRAZY" FUN!!****
YOU DON'T WANT TO MISS THIS ONE!!!!!

+++TOURNAMENT DETAILS+++
September 26th, 2015

The Start of Registration and Warmups: 11:00AM***

***Registration ends promptly at the start of each tourney***
(Brackets will be seeded by our last 7 tournament results, State Power Rankings, Charlotte Ladders, and Smashboards!)

Start times:

Project M Singles (3.6 version) at 12:00
Melee Singles at 1:45
Smash 4 Wii U Singles at 3:30
(All above tournaments are double elimination!)
"Crazy 8" Amiibo Side Tournament at 12:30
(Details below)

Venue/Door Fee: $8.00
(This fee is to get you inside the venue...it is not the $8.00 per tournament you enter)

We are in need of 5 (we have all the rest) complete Wii U set-ups (consisting of Wii U, Smash 4 game with all characters and stages unlocked, and game cube adapter) No T.V's are needed. The first 5 that bring these complete set-ups will be refunded $4.00 at the end of the tournament play. We truly appreciate all who bring one!

Each Tournament Entry Fee: $8.00

This $8.00 fee will go into a pot for each event you enter (Melee, Smash 4 Singles, and/or Project M) with 100% Payout per Tourney!

"Crazy 8" Amiiiiiiiibo Side Tournament:
Bring your most trained Amiibo(s) (two maximum) for $1.00 each to enter!
(This tourney will go simultaneously with the other events, so you don't have to be present to play!)

Amiibo Tourney Ruleset: 2 stock, 6 minutes, single elimination, neutral stages (either Smashville or Town and City.) This $1.00 fee per Amiibo will go into a separate "Amiibo pot" with 100% payout!

***And of Course, the
"Money Match Madness"
Throughout the Tournament***

Venue Guidelines:
1. No Unsportsmanlike Conduct
2. No Cursing/Swearing or use of Profanity
3. No Alcohol or Illegal Substances
4. No Spamming/Stalling
5. No ear-side coaching During the game
6. You must Respect the Facility and the Equipment
7. You must Respect the Ruleset of each Game
8. You must Respect each Other

Parking:
Parking is free and allowed on all sides of the facility.

Hungry?
There WILL be a snack bar at the venue!
All snacks are $1.00 each!

Don't Forget....
When entering Smash 4 Wii U, Melee
and/or Project M, bring your OWN CONTROLLER!

Melee Ruleset
4 Stock, 8 Min, No items
Neutral Stages:
Yoshi's Story
Dream Land
Fountain of Dreams
Final Destination
Battlefield
Counter-Pick:
Pokemon Stadium

Project M Ruleset
Version 3.6
4 stocks, 8 minutes, best of 3 (Finals are best of 5)
Items off, input buffer off
Timeout - Winner determined by stocks->%->1 stock 3 minute match
No Giga Bowser
NO Wario-Man

PM Stage Selection:
1-2-1 striking
Starters:
Green Hill Zone
Pokemon Stadium 2
Battlefield
Smashville
Dreamland
Counterpicks:
Warioland
Final Destination
Norfair
Fountain of Dreams

++Winner bans 2 stages++

Smash 4 Wii U Ruleset:

3 Stock, 8 min, no items, no miis
Neutral Stages:
Final Destination/Omega Stages
Battlefield
Smashville
Town and City
Lylat Cruise
Counter-Picks:
Duck Hunt
Dreamland 64
Mii Verse (Offline)

**All wireless remotes MUST be turned off
after each set you play or you will be DQ'd.**

Put the date on your calendar, you don't want to miss this!!

:4shulk::4shulk:I'M REALLY FEELING IT..........Are YOU??:4shulk::4shulk:
CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YOU and YOUR FRIENDS AT THE
MATTHEWS SMASHERS
C"
R
A
Z
y
GRAND RE-OPENING"
TOURNAMENT ON
SATURDAY, September 26th, 2015!
UNTIL THEN, KEEP ON SMASHIN'!!!

Last edited:

Rodge

Smash Cadet
NNID
Relylp
Heard of this a lot. Hope to have time to come.

F

FennerGuy1992

I'll still be on a tight budget...so I'll pass and stick with easier tournaments (hint) :b:

DRAKEML

Smash Rookie
ah, I miss this, can't wait to see this come back again. Time for some serious waka tech to commence!
#LaytonandWright4Sm4sh

F

FennerGuy1992

Lol dude what is your problem I haven't seen you say one positive thing about a tournament if you don't have something good to say don't say anything at all
but I did see racism on NC Smash 4 though. So what I said is not my problem...freedom of speech, brothas :grin: I could care less about it anyway
I let the lord and savior handle this for me ;)
Lord knows what I need to know about these things and he told me to stick with what I'm best at.
Maybe next time, I'll participate with money in my pocket. Wish you guys the best of luck from the Afro-American man...ME!

Last edited by a moderator:

W1m0

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheHylianHero123
but I did see racism on NC Smash 4 though. So what I said is not my problem...freedom of speech, brothas :grin: I could care less about it anyway
Lord knows what I need to know about these things and he told me to stick with what I'm best at.
Maybe next time, I'll participate with money in my pocket. Wish you guys the best of luck from the Afro-American man...ME!
um racism?

Twisty Treats

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1075-1216-7448
what did you just say? Like I do not understand :laugh:

Last edited:

GreenChaChing

Smash Apprentice
Dude what the heck? Really, I've never heard anything about racism here and I've rarely seen any disrespectful people in any of the tournaments I've been to, and if I have, it's been taken care of in a reasonable and respectful way. I've met plenty of awesome people in these tournaments, (w1mo, drakeml, naked mexico, rodge, designs, apple, soul, sourdough, and EVERYBODY that runs any tournament that goes on here just to name a few) and a single player's attitude does not determine how well the tournament is. These kinds of people are really cool and deserve a lot for the nice things they do to help our limited tournament scene out. Just because you had a bad experience with a certain player does not mean you should talk badly about a tournament. What w1m0 said is right, I've also never seen you post a nice thing about a tournament.

If you're trying to tell me that you don't like going to tournaments because of racism, then that needs to be addressed. Sitting back and doing nothing is not going to help. Besides, if there was, that player is probably not going to be here. Again, even if you did think there was racism, that's not a tournament's fault, it's a player's fault, and (once again) should be addressed so it can be taken care of.

Also (random note) what the heck is this?

I found the above while trying to find a nice post you've made about a tournament (which I didn't), and came across that. I've never hated diddy kong nor have I expressed anything towards him on the boards or to you, so why would you post something like that towards me particularly? (On a random thread that has nothing to do with me.)

TheSourDough

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4656-7158-2153
Buddy. buddy, there was no racism on the NC Smash 4 thread. Half that thread had African American/Black smash players in it. I'm not sure what went down between maybe you and an individual but in my long time lurking NC Smash 4, and in the smash scene in NC in general, I have never even seen a hint of it. You really shouldn't feel that way, not that I have the right to tell you how you should feel, but don't let it be the reason you don't come out to get better/network with other players/Test your progress/maybe win a tournament

TheSourDough

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4656-7158-2153
Also if you're going to drop the big R word on somebody, at least say why you felt that way, I was in the thread you claimed racism on and didn't see an ounce of racism. And hey man that's a serious accusation to throw around.

F

FennerGuy1992

um racism?
on Facebook, it's a long story man. I really don't wannt talk about it here.
@ TheSourDough TheSourDough ...ehh, you're right. Sorry. I was just exaggerating a little cause I recorded my perfect pivot video and put it on FB
@ GreenChaChing GreenChaChing , personally I would care less about what you said, bruh. Budget cuts, and I have lived life:chuckle:
Other than that, back on the topic about the Matthews Smashers V, what's the venue? $8?

TheSourDough

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4656-7158-2153
on Facebook, it's a long story man. I really don't wannt talk about it here.
@ TheSourDough TheSourDough ...ehh, you're right. Sorry. I was just exaggerating a little cause I recorded my perfect pivot video and put it on FB
@ GreenChaChing GreenChaChing , personally I would care less about what you said, bruh. Budget cuts, and I have lived life:chuckle:
Other than that, back on the topic about the Matthews Smashers V, what's the venue? $8?
Nah man I understand. Anyways, my ORIGINAL point is that you shouldn't let anyone stop you from doing tournaments. NC is trying to get on the map and you never know who will put us on it (Besides Kai and Stingers lol). DO you mean, show up to tournies, learn and grow

TheSourDough

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4656-7158-2153
Nah man I understand. Anyways, my ORIGINAL point is that you shouldn't let anyone stop you from doing tournaments. NC is trying to get on the map and you never know who will put us on it (Besides Kai and Stingers lol). DO you mean, show up to tournies, learn and grow
*Do you man

F

FennerGuy1992

you're absolutely correct, sir.

GreenChaChing

Smash Apprentice
Kid you don't make any sense at all. First you say it's a budget, then it's cause of racism, then you once again say its cause of budget, then you're randomly saying you've lived life? Also if you don't care about what I say then why'd you make that fake post of me hating ddk? Just keep your nonsense to yourself please.

Twisty Treats

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1075-1216-7448
Kid you don't make any sense at all. First you say it's a budget, then it's cause of racism, then you once again say its cause of budget, then you're randomly saying you've lived life? Also if you don't care about what I say then why'd you make that fake post of me hating ddk? Just keep your nonsense to yourself please.
This guy is pre-johning before pre-johning

F

FennerGuy1992

Also if you don't care about what I say then why'd you make that fake post of me hating ddk? Just keep your nonsense to yourself please.
"Fake post"...dude, don't be ridiculous, yo. Just cause I post what I said there, doesn't necessarily make it fake. Have you heard of Freedom of Speech? Bus' it, I'm done :glare:

This guy is pre-johning before pre-johning
Nah, I just wanna give you guys a heads up :b: However, wish you guys the best of luck.
If I had a lot of singles on my wallet, I would come but only for Amiibo and SSB64 (plus a side game of you-know-what...MK64)
Nothing personal though :)

GreenChaChing

Smash Apprentice
"Fake post"...dude, don't be ridiculous, yo. Just cause I post what I said there, doesn't necessarily make it fake. Have you heard of Freedom of Speech? Bus' it, I'm done :glare:
What makes it fake is the fact I did not say what you wrote. And once again you're not making too much sense with your posts. Yes, you have "freedom of speech" but that doesn't mean that you can just spew nonsense wherever you go. So please do us a favor and just stop making dumb posts.

Glish

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Wav_Glish
3DS FC
1418-7649-4416
If you need help seeding Project M, I run a Charlotte ranking system along with Archer, Soul, and Farm. We have a document that lists all players in rank order based on all tournament results.

The_Most_Effectual

Smash Apprentice
NNID
EarthBoundNerdC
Never been out to one of these before, but judging by the amount of hype for this, I should! What better time than a grand re-opening? See you all there!

EDIT: What is the address for the venue? It might be in the OP and I'm just too stupid to see it.

Last edited:

Twisty Treats

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1075-1216-7448
If you need help seeding Project M, I run a Charlotte ranking system along with Archer, Soul, and Farm. We have a document that lists all players in rank order based on all tournament results.
It's not as accurate as it should be... it is not fully updated and its ranked based on attendance then it is more so skill

tanookigamer01

Smash Apprentice
Hey Glish! We would really appreciate your help! Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

F

FennerGuy1992

$5 venue's a great idea @ Twisty Treats Twisty Treats ...or $3 venue will be even better; and reasonable for many players who wanted to save money.
Charlotte Smashers is going to do a permanent $3 venue (the venue money is going to sent to CATS (for ten-ride local passes). A cheaper value at CPCC however)

Twisty Treats

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1075-1216-7448
$5 venue's a great idea @ Twisty Treats Twisty Treats ...or $3 venue will be even better; and reasonable for many players who wanted to save money.
Charlotte Smashers is going to do a permanent $3 venue (the venue money is going to sent to CATS (for ten-ride local passes). A cheaper value at CPCC however)
that is not a good idea... It should be used for making the venue even better or getting more systems for games... not for bus passes

W1m0

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheHylianHero123
I just don't understand why we have to explain why the price is the way it is to the same 2 people every time... Just saying

F

FennerGuy1992

that is not a good idea... It should be used for making the venue even better or getting more systems for games... not for bus passes
Okay, I'll try $5 in the Smash-only tourneys...hope it's good enough for you guys. :b:

Idk man with a venue like crazy 8's I'm OK with prices
Really, with $8 venue? that's deep, bro.

Twisty Treats

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1075-1216-7448
I just don't understand why we have to explain why the price is the way it is to the same 2 people every time... Just saying
It was never fully explained from the people who run the place... There isnt much i can do about it but I would like to know why it is 8 bucks with oppportunity to lower it for bringing a PM and melee setup

W1m0

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheHylianHero123
It was never fully explained from the people who run the place... There isnt much i can do about it but I would like to know why it is 8 bucks with oppportunity to lower it for bringing a PM and melee setup
I help run these events so that shoots that problem down and why would you need to bring a setup when there isn't a need for it?

Top Bottom