• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Atlantic South [Sep 26, 2015] MatthewsSmashers"Crazy 8"Grand Re-Opening! 9808 N.E. Pkwy , Matthews, NC 28105

Sharkz

Smash Ace
NNID
Sharkz1
Why do Matthews Smashers tournament threads always get such weird responses....

Looking forward to this! Always a good time.

Twisty Treats

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1075-1216-7448
I help run these events so that shoots that problem down and why would you need to bring a setup when there isn't a need for it?
If it gets around 60-70 entrants for PM and Melee each month then there will be need for it... 6 setups isnt enough iirc thats how many there are

Sadface

Smash Apprentice
This tournament could charge $10 for venue and pot price and I'd consider it worth it. Nice hosts, runs on time, good tournament/friendly setup, plus they provide all the tvs consoles and discs. Not much to complain about.

Except it gets cold sometimes near the stream setup. Oh yeah they provide a stream/recording setup.

300 points to griffindor.

Twisty Treats

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1075-1216-7448
This tournament could charge $10 for venue and pot price and I'd consider it worth it. Nice hosts, runs on time, good tournament/friendly setup, plus they provide all the tvs consoles and discs. Not much to complain about.

Except it gets cold sometimes near the stream setup. Oh yeah they provide a stream/recording setup.

300 points to griffindor.
I guess im complaining about the option for of not bringing full setups for reduced venue? Other then that I have no complaints... As someone who is 15 its kinda of difficult to get the money for every single great tournament

Glish

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Wav_Glish
3DS FC
1418-7649-4416
It's not as accurate as it should be... it is not fully updated and its ranked based on attendance then it is more so skill
This is false. It is updated at the end of every month, so it will be updated again very soon. We may even update it right before Matthews so it's fresh. It is also run with the program TioPro, which is a skill and results-based program. In addition, we have players in the top 5 on there who have only played 17 matches, while some players in the top 5 have played 50, so attending less tournaments certainly isn't a crutch.

Please don't try and shut me/this down every time it will be brought up just because you aren't as high on the list as you'd like. Work hard and change it.

Glish

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Wav_Glish
3DS FC
1418-7649-4416
Also for those who haven't been paying attention about venue fees, even after it's been explained multiple times:

It is high for multiple reasons. 1. The building used must be leased out, which means the people running this tournament are paying for the building. 2. From what I was told, it costs extra to have the building open on the weekends. 3. Higher venue/pot fees attract more and better players. 4. Setup discounts aren't offered because (a) the venue provides all setups minue a few Wii Us and (b) see numbers 1 and 2.

edit: Also if you guys want $5 tournaments so bad, either just attend those, or sit out two of them to save for this. Monthlies in most scenes have venue/pot fees $8-15, while most weeklies/biweeklies are $5.

Last edited:

Twisty Treats

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1075-1216-7448
This is false. It is updated at the end of every month, so it will be updated again very soon. We may even update it right before Matthews so it's fresh. It is also run with the program TioPro, which is a skill and results-based program. In addition, we have players in the top 5 on there who have only played 17 matches, while some players in the top 5 have played 50, so attending less tournaments certainly isn't a crutch.

Please don't try and shut me/this down every time it will be brought up just because you aren't as high on the list as you'd like. Work hard and change it.
Well for example there are people from ranks at least rank 28 which I have beaten, yet still below them because they have attended more tournaments and have more sets played then I do. Also a question is, Is it being updated by season or not? It seems like it is all time then it has been by season... Pretty sure archer has not played 40 sets in the span of 1 season based on the PR. Correct me if I am wrong please as I would like to better understand it :)

Last edited:

Glish

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Wav_Glish
3DS FC
1418-7649-4416
Well for example there are people from ranks at least rank 28 which I have beaten, yet still below them because they have attended more tournaments and have more sets played then I do. Also a question is, Is it being updated by season or not? It seems like it is all time then it has been by season... Pretty sure archer has not played 40 sets in the span of 1 season based on the PR. Correct me if I am wrong please as I would like to better understand it :)
Beating someone doesn't make you higher than them on the ladder. Also I'm fairly certain it is every month, according to Cody

tanookigamer01

Smash Apprentice
Here is a small "sneak peek" of our new venue! Remember, it's in the same building, but now the other side!

The_Most_Effectual

Smash Apprentice
NNID
EarthBoundNerdC
What time will the venue be cleared out? Turns out I have rehearsal from 12:30-2:00 Saturday. Even if I can only come for an hour or two to play friendlies, I really don't want to miss this.

F

FennerGuy1992

nice. I'm gonna stop by for a minute this Saturday to bring the manager suggestions

Last edited by a moderator:

RedmanSSBM

Improving My Process
New venue looks extremely promising. I hope this tournament runs well tomorrow for all of those attending! I'd love to go, but I am attending a tournament in Clemson for the conclusion of The Melee Games.

Also, if you would like help with the Melee seeding, I can help provide that, as I manage the Melee Power Ranking System in Charlotte and update it regularly after every tournament in Charlotte. I hear there will be a powerful new foe approaching, named $mike (He should be seeded first for Melee).

If all else fails, BirdLordMasterBeak BirdLordMasterBeak should be there to help with the seeding, as he has a fantastic program that uses the data I have collected in order to properly seed tournaments.

F

FennerGuy1992

where are the results??

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom