• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Atlantic South [Sep 13, 2015] CFL Smackdown September Monthly (Melee + WiiU - NEW VENUE - Gods... (Orlando, FL)

Azzy

Smash Cadet
NNID
Azoraith

Semptember Monthly
$10 Venue, $5 per Tournament
Stream @ twitch.tv/gamingknights1
Join CFL Melee and/or CFL Smash 4/PM on Facebook for more updates
Facebook Event

EVERYONE, GET IN HERE! Mark your calendars boys and gals. We haven't had a monthly in a while because we've been searching for a venue that you guys deserve, and we've finally found it: Gods & Monsters! The space is huge and it is a cool place to hang out in general. We have been working hard on this and we know this monthly is gonna be awesome; everyone should come out!

Pics of the venue: https://www.facebook.com/events/393251707540581/permalink/393252467540505/

Venue Fee is $10 (half-off [$5] if you bring a full set-up for either game)
  • Full Set-up for Melee = a CRT + Wii/Gamecube setup + SSBM
  • Full Set-up for Smash 4 = a TV + Wii U setup + Controller Adapter + Smash 4 + all Character DLC + Dreamland DLC
  • For both games, we are only waiving venue fees for the first 15 setups CLAIMED it (by signing up at the front desk and letting us know). Any extra setups are welcome to be brought as dedicated friendly TVs (yay!).

Schedule
TENTATIVE
Note: We will be trying to run both games at the same time to finish on time.

10:00 AM - Doors Open, Doubles & Singles Registration Begins

11:00 AM - Doubles Registration Closes

11:30 AM - Doubles Begin

2:30 PM - Singles Registration Closes

3:00 PM - Singles Begin

9:00 PM - Venue Closes

Payouts for both games will be dependent on the # of entrants:
If <64 entrants
1st: 60% of the game's pot
2nd: 30% of the game's pot
3rd: 10% of the game's pot

If 64-128 entrants
1st: 50% of the game's pot
2nd: 25% of the game's pot
3rd: 15% of the game's pot
4th: 10% of the game's pot

If >128 entrants
1st: 50% of the game's pot
2nd: 25% of the game's pot
3rd: 13% of the game's pot
4th: 6% of the game's pot
5th: 3% of the game's pot
5th: 3% of the game's pot

Rulesets:
http://smashboards.com/threads/central-florida-cfl-smackdown-ruleset.363422/

Feel Free to post and questions!

Last edited:

Noa.

Smash Master
For the people who see this thread, come on out! We'll probably have like 30 or 40 entrants. Maybe even more!

TheBanditFirefighter

Smash Rookie
This looks great, I've had project m to practice melee for ages and this has finally given me the incentive to start practicing. Me and my friend might join cause we live super close. Time to start practicing.

Noa.

Smash Master
This looks great, I've had project m to practice melee for ages and this has finally given me the incentive to start practicing. Me and my friend might join cause we live super close. Time to start practicing.
If you're interested at all in playing smash 4 check out this thread:

http://smashboards.com/threads/florida-smash-4-facebook-group-and-weekly-compendium.415191/

For melee check out this group:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/cflmelee/

There are weeklies for both games right by UCF campus.

But Project M is dead.

Last edited:

TheBanditFirefighter

Smash Rookie

Noa.

Smash Master
This is my first tournament. (Sm4sh) What should I expect?
Ok well venue opens at 10 am. From the time that doubles ends until singles begins at 2:30 you can play friendlies on the setup there. Usually a group of people are a setup playing. Just ask to get in. People are typically friendly.

Make sure you bring your own controller. Sign up for singles when you get there. They only take cash.

It's a double elimination bracket. Each time you play against someone in tournament you both play a best of 3 and whoever wins progresses. When you lose a set the first time you get put into losers, and you keep playing. When you lose again in losers you're out of the tournament.

Farther into the tournament less people are left, so some setups open up for friendlies. So you can play friendlies before and after the tournament.
Make sure that you get as much practice as you can.

Are you part of the Facebook groups? You definitely should join to keep posted.

http://smashboards.com/threads/florida-smash-4-facebook-group-and-weekly-compendium.415191/

Xenobae

Smash Rookie
NNID
Xenobae
This is my first tournament. What should I expect?
(FOr Sm
Ok well venue opens at 10 am. From the time that doubles ends until singles begins at 2:30 you can play friendlies on the setup there. Usually a group of people are a setup playing. Just ask to get in. People are typically friendly.

Make sure you bring your own controller. Sign up for singles when you get there. They only take cash.

It's a double elimination bracket. Each time you play against someone in tournament you both play a best of 3 and whoever wins progresses. When you lose a set the first time you get put into losers, and you keep playing. When you lose again in losers you're out of the tournament.

Farther into the tournament less people are left, so some setups open up for friendlies. So you can play friendlies before and after the tournament.
Make sure that you get as much practice as you can.

Are you part of the Facebook groups? You definitely should join to keep posted.

Thank you. :)

Top Bottom