• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Sep 12, 2015] IMGMR's Smash Weeklies (Online)

Frededish

Smash Cadet
NNID
Frededish.
3DS FC
1650-2628-3264
Shame, I thought I registered two days ago. Must've misclicked or something. Hopefully it's not too late.

SirPro

Smash Rookie
What if you can't be on Twitch at the same time while doing a match? Is there another way that stage banning can be discussed? Also on being informed on announcements?

L337m0j0

Smash Cadet
I noticed the title has been updated already.

When will the new bracket be posted?

Simbaar Ragehowl

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Seltik
3DS FC
0774-4394-4076
Hey guys, a few minutes we will begin the special Doubles Friendlies. So come register. If you don't have a partner, you can group with someone in chat!

Simbaar Ragehowl

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Seltik
3DS FC
0774-4394-4076
btw, for those wondering about when it is possible to register for the Sat tourney, I usually have the registration page open on Mondays or Turesdays. You can register at any time from the moment registration opens to when we begin stream on Saturdays for the tourney (2 pm EST).

Last edited:

Torterra

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Serranokids
3DS FC
4356-2568-8654
Thanks for doubles friendlies guys! Had a fun time with it.

Torterra

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Serranokids
3DS FC
4356-2568-8654
I hope I can too. Weekdays are always busy for me. It will change soon I think. I always wish I can stay longer, believe me.

Masterman

Smash Rookie
For contacting other people to discuss stage bans etc, what is used? Just asking so I don't have any long unnecessary setup needed, as I am unable to use the voice chat on the Wii U xD I managed to break the mic when I dropped the gamepad once.

Torterra

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Serranokids
3DS FC
4356-2568-8654
For contacting other people to discuss stage bans etc, what is used? Just asking so I don't have any long unnecessary setup needed, as I am unable to use the voice chat on the Wii U xD I managed to break the mic when I dropped the gamepad once.
We just use the chat on twitch

the great gonzoles

Smash Rookie
NNID
p-m12345
i will join but in need to be the last in the first round please. i am going some where and I want to join.

the great gonzoles

Smash Rookie
NNID
p-m12345
All questions for how things get done during the tourney are all explained at the beginning of the tourney through our stream and so far, it worked out quite smoothly so our process is good to go. All you need is the game ready to play and the twitch stream open to hear all announcements and tourney related info.
I looked at the website but I don't know what my opponents nnid is what should i do. btw they did not put there nnid

MisterQ

Smash Rookie
NNID
themisterQ
Just some critique on the tourney:

• Make sure someone is paying attention to chat at all times so issues can be resolved faster. One of you can play your match/commentate while the other is assigned the chat to deal with any problems.
• Maybe think about lowering the stream matches to Winners SF and Losers SF onwards. The amount of people competing is getting pretty high and people are complaining about the wait time, which leads into....
• 2 stock 6 minutes, just for the interest of time.
• Maybe start seeding bracket based on results of previous tourney. I saw Utopian and Phoenixzero being forced to play against each other early despite them getting 1st and 3rd last tourney and Phoenixzero being matched up with Rock12et (who I believe does well in your tournies as well) early. It makes the bracket super uneven in terms of skill (ex: 5 potential top players in one half and 1 player on the other who essentially has a free ride to winners semis). Plus it makes for more interesting matchups later in the tourney. :)

Last edited:

Scr7

Smash Cadet
NNID
Scr7ven
I liked the tourney and the streaming but as misterq said, reducing the streamed matches to winners semis/winners finals/losers semis/losers finals/grand finals would probably be a better idea as there were quite a few delays and people complaining during the winners quarters matches. I'll join again for the next one

truballers

Smash Cadet
Hey, This is my first tournament and I just signed up. Its seems that I'm in group B , Round 1. Whoever wins moves on to round 2 to face the player who doesn't have an opponent in group G ?

Torterra

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Serranokids
3DS FC
4356-2568-8654
Hopefully I can enter this week. Sorry if I can't. One thing I'd like to suggest is if you get a lot of people signed up, you should only stream winners semis and up, and losers semis and up. If you get an average size though, then maybe you could stream quarters.

Top Bottom