• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Sep 12, 2015] IMGMR's Smash Weeklies (Online)

Simbaar Ragehowl

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Seltik
3DS FC
0774-4394-4076
Welcome to the IMGMR's Smash Weeklies thread! For information on the latest weekly coming up, check the newer posts.

NOTICE: You have to be present in the Twitch stream to follow announcements and updates to the tourney.

Stream URL: Twitch.tv/SimbaarRagehowl

Last edited:

EZVega

Smash Cadet
NNID
EZVega
3DS FC
4339-2521-0738
Problem. I get a 404 when clicking the Challonge link, so I can't register.

Lyshan

Smash Rookie
Just go straight to Challonge.com then search IMGMR, the link may be broken but this works

Lord_Spoon

Smash Apprentice
NNID
fogottenknight
3DS FC
2509-2089-2582
I signed up for this weeks tournament but my name's too long to fit my NNID, It just doesn't, can't fix it

Last edited:

Torterra

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Serranokids
3DS FC
4356-2568-8654
I may or not be able to join, but will there only be one match? Or will it be best out of 3?

Lord_Spoon

Smash Apprentice
NNID
fogottenknight
3DS FC
2509-2089-2582
really the kalos pokemon league isn't banned? what about the stage hazards like the swords that fall from the sky and the pillars of fire? and the giant laser beam on the halberd?

Last edited:

Cheezy23

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Cheezy23
Well, I'd participate this week, but I have a concert (darn it real life!) oh well, maybe next week :D

Cheezy23

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Cheezy23
I'm assuming that's for school, I'm so glad I'm out. see ya next week then, and possibly Christmas. :D
Not school, I'm homeschooled, but thanks :D But yeah, see you next week (hopefully XD)

herpyderpherper

Smash Apprentice
NNID
trjcchapple
how does the banning stage/ counter pick process happen? Both people choose individually, would we use voice chat to say which stages are banned or what the counter pick is? because that's all I could think of. Also while I understand why customs are banned, why are there no miis?

Simbaar Ragehowl

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Seltik
3DS FC
0774-4394-4076
Hey guys,
Sorry The links weren't working on the post. Fixed that up finally! This is a weekly tourney so every sat at 2 EST we live on twitch for some great Smash action. Theres also a prize for the winner. The more we grow the tourney the more we will try to innovate as much as possible. Also the ruleset you see here is going to change every month. That includes stage lists, to keep things fresh, but we won't include stages like Hyrule or Palutena's Temple unless the ruleset makes sense for them to be put.

We got a fun crowd so far and we hpe you guys join. Also, we do a weekly highlights video on youtube from the footage taken on twitch. If you missed out on one week, then there's still next week so no worries.

Simbaar Ragehowl

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Seltik
3DS FC
0774-4394-4076
All questions for how things get done during the tourney are all explained at the beginning of the tourney through our stream and so far, it worked out quite smoothly so our process is good to go. All you need is the game ready to play and the twitch stream open to hear all announcements and tourney related info.

Aware.Awake

Smash Rookie
NNID
SamBananas
I actually have Saturday off of work and free of shows so I think I'll sign up for this.

First online tourney so we'll see how I do.

Sympho

Smash Rookie
NNID
Sympho
3DS FC
1864-9699-8698
This sounds like fun, so I'll probably be there. Here's hoping my first tourney goes well xD. And all I need to do is sign up on challonge and be on the stream when check in stars to be in it?

Simbaar Ragehowl

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Seltik
3DS FC
0774-4394-4076
@ Sympho Sympho , Yup, cuz that's where we will explain everything! Tournament rules, procedures and the prize to win. Last weekly, our winner, xHeraCross, won an Amiibo of his choice. So, who knows what you could get?

Cheezy23

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Cheezy23
Same here!

Also, is every match going to be streamed, or just a select few?

Last edited:

Simbaar Ragehowl

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Seltik
3DS FC
0774-4394-4076
depends on the amount of people who join. One by one can be extremely long when we got 40 participants. The process is changed but explained during stream every week also we take the participants' point of view.

Cheezy23

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Cheezy23
Okay, cool. I was just wondering to make a rough estimate of how much time it might take me.

Simbaar Ragehowl

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Seltik
3DS FC
0774-4394-4076
We will have a prize every week for the weeklies. Amiibos are part of the choices we have in mind. We will let you know this sat during the stream.

If a lot of people voice out their desire to make Amiibos the prize for the tourney, then we would be more inclined to go with that :)

jay-tee

Smash Cadet
Can me and my brother use the same Nintendo ID for the tournament? Since we both use the same Wii U it will be faster for us I guess.

Luisfer

Smash Rookie
Can me and my brother use the same Nintendo ID for the tournament? Since we both use the same Wii U it will be faster for us I guess.
I'm jay-tee's brother, and indeed it would be faster since we wouldn't have to switch between IDs for every round but we're not sure if it's actually allowed.

Thanks in advance.

Top Bottom