• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Sep 12, 2015] IMGMR's Smash Weeklies (Online)

MonkeyArms

Smash Ace
NNID
MrCheeseburger7
I just joined, I think it'd be a good idea to make it double elimination instead next time though

ZomBiehn

Semi-Pro
NNID
ZomBiehnU
3DS FC
3153-5961-0908
I think they announced last Saturday they were taking a week off and coming back with different stage selections

Simbaar Ragehowl

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Seltik
3DS FC
0774-4394-4076
Hey guys sorry for being quiet here. Indeed, we are back! Last Sat, we did a few friendlies only to take it easy. We've had a few of our recurring participants join in on the fun! OF COURSE, we are back this Sat! New tournaments and new rules! Check the first page of the thread where I posted the rules originally to check it out since I have updated it. Also, we have a few ideas that we might implement pretty as a way to reward our recurring players and our top players! So, stay tuned for that!

This is the last day of the year. From all of us here at IMGMR, we wish you all a happy New Year filled with Smash-tastic memories!

Happy Smashing! See you Sat!

ZomBiehn

Semi-Pro
NNID
ZomBiehnU
3DS FC
3153-5961-0908
Happy new year! And special thx to the duo Slyke and IMGMR for these Online Smash. Fests

Tok3n

Smash Rookie
All right.
I just signed up.
Prepare your buttholes.
Because I am coming for both them, and the first place spot!

Torterra

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Serranokids
3DS FC
4356-2568-8654
Hey guys sorry for being quiet here. Indeed, we are back! Last Sat, we did a few friendlies only to take it easy. We've had a few of our recurring participants join in on the fun! OF COURSE, we are back this Sat! New tournaments and new rules! Check the first page of the thread where I posted the rules originally to check it out since I have updated it. Also, we have a few ideas that we might implement pretty as a way to reward our recurring players and our top players! So, stay tuned for that!

This is the last day of the year. From all of us here at IMGMR, we wish you all a happy New Year filled with Smash-tastic memories!

Happy Smashing! See you Sat!
Happy New Year to you as well. Thanks for making these tournaments, they are very fun.

Agent Emerald

Smash Journeyman
Just signed up.

Edit:Shouldn't the stream start around this time?

Last edited:

1Flow

Smash Journeyman
NNID
jfaithfull
@ Simbaar Ragehowl Simbaar Ragehowl Hey! I am pro smash 4 player. When is the latest i can sign up? When does the tournament end roughly? Will i get smashboards points for it? If on my end the stream is laggy, how else would i know when my match is up? Thank you very much and i hope to join:)

marvin the best

Smash Cadet
@ Simbaar Ragehowl Simbaar Ragehowl Hey! I am pro smash 4 player. When is the latest i can sign up? When does the tournament end roughly? Will i get smashboards points for it? If on my end the stream is laggy, how else would i know when my match is up? Thank you very much and i hope to join:)
You're pro? We should play online together to get some training in !

Simbaar Ragehowl

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Seltik
3DS FC
0774-4394-4076
Hey @ 1Flow 1Flow
You're welcome to join us! Well here's an answer to all your questions:
-The latest is during check-in time on Sat starting 1pm EST. Tourney will begin at 2pm EST.
-Generally, it takes around 4-5 hours. (So between 6-7 pm EST)
-No, unfortunately.
-You can check out what is happening through the bracket page on Challonge to follow the progression of the tourney. Also, you communicate with your opponent through the Twitch stream.
-You're very welcome and we hope you join this coming Sat!

1Flow

Smash Journeyman
NNID
jfaithfull
Hey @ 1Flow 1Flow
You're welcome to join us! Well here's an answer to all your questions:
-The latest is during check-in time on Sat starting 1pm EST. Tourney will begin at 2pm EST.
-Generally, it takes around 4-5 hours. (So between 6-7 pm EST)
-No, unfortunately.
-You can check out what is happening through the bracket page on Challonge to follow the progression of the tourney. Also, you communicate with your opponent through the Twitch stream.
-You're very welcome and we hope you join this coming Sat!
Hey thanks for responding! I would love to join, i really would but i need to increase my ranking. Im 245 right now and i need to be a higher rank. If at any point smashboards points will be rewarded, i would definitly join. Thank you so much and sorry. ill watch the stream doe:)

Prickly Cucumbers

Smash Rookie
NNID
Liam1017
On Challonge it says that I can't put anything other than numbers, letters, and underscores in my username. How do I put parentheses into my name for my NNiD? (EDIT: Never mind, I found out how).

Last edited:

Simbaar Ragehowl

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Seltik
3DS FC
0774-4394-4076
Hey @ Jords2Good Jords2Good ,
You can check the main thread message. I updated it for you guys. You can register for this Sat tourney!

See you guys this Wed, Thu for friendlies and Sat for the tourney!
Until then, Happy Smashing!
-Simbaar and Slyke

Hobblit

Smash Rookie
This will be my first tournament, should be fun! Probably will be a free win for whoever i face, and someone may have to explain a few things here and there as this will be a learning process

Torterra

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Serranokids
3DS FC
4356-2568-8654
This will be my first tournament, should be fun! Probably will be a free win for whoever i face, and someone may have to explain a few things here and there as this will be a learning process
Good luck on your first tournament! I've played in 6 and haven't done that well in any, but don't sell yourself short, tell yourself that you can do this. Also, my first tournament I thought I would be confused too, but the hosts, Simbaar and Slyke are really good at explaining and giving details. And don't be intimidated if you don't do well, keep coming back and trying. If you ever want practice, feel free to add me and message me, and we'all see when we can practice
-Torterra

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
Signed up for this saturday.

Second online tournament. The hype is real XP How long do these usually last?

Simbaar Ragehowl

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Seltik
3DS FC
0774-4394-4076
hey guys, I would like to announce that tonight's friendlies will begin at 7 pm EST instead of 5. Hope to see you guys for some smash fun. Meanwhile, welcome to our new participants for this week's tourney! Btw guys stay tuned, I will post a new poll for the next rule set right here.

take care fellow Smashers!
-Simbaar Ragehowl

ME GRIMLOCH

Smash Cadet
NNID
MeGrimloch
hey guys, I would like to announce that tonight's friendlies will begin at 7 pm EST instead of 5. Hope to see you guys for some smash fun. Meanwhile, welcome to our new participants for this week's tourney! Btw guys stay tuned, I will post a new poll for the next rule set right here.

take care fellow Smashers!
-Simbaar Ragehowl
What happened to friendlys i know i didnt miss it

Simbaar Ragehowl

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Seltik
3DS FC
0774-4394-4076
sorry guys, we weren't ready for tonight's friendlies. We'll have more to talk on that during the Saturday stream.

We apologize for all those who looked forward to the friendlies.

See you all Saturday!

Torterra

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Serranokids
3DS FC
4356-2568-8654
sorry guys, we weren't ready for tonight's friendlies. We'll have more to talk on that during the Saturday stream.

We apologize for all those who looked forward to the friendlies.

See you all Saturday!
I actually didn't know they were tonight, when will the poll be up?

Top Bottom