• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Atlantic North [Sep 11, 2015] The Break Smash Bi-Weekly! FRIDAYS (Melee) (Dunellen, NJ)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeskLampTV

Smash Rookie
Hi guys, how's it going?
I just want to ask if there are any marvel players and marvel setups for casuals on fridays. I might come with a friend on Feb. 7th just because he is going and we play melee together so he will give me a ride but UMvC3 is my main game. I know that marvel is on Tuesdays at The Break but I can't go on Tuesdays yet. Thanks in advance.

Jaxel

Behind the Curtain...
Premium
Hi guys, how's it going?
I just want to ask if there are any marvel players and marvel setups for casuals on fridays. I might come with a friend on Feb. 7th just because he is going and we play melee together so he will give me a ride but UMvC3 is my main game. I know that marvel is on Tuesdays at The Break but I can't go on Tuesdays yet. Thanks in advance.
We don't even do Marvel on Tuesdays... No one shows up anymore. We can't run tournaments if no one shows up.

There will not be space for a Marvel casual station. We are short on space enough as it is.

DeskLampTV

Smash Rookie
We don't even do Marvel on Tuesdays... No one shows up anymore. We can't run tournaments if no one shows up.

There will not be space for a Marvel casual station. We are short on space enough as it is.
Wow that's kind of depressing. I know it was kind of a dumb question, especially since you said there is limited space earlier in the thread, but i was just staying optimistic I guess. Well I guess I need to train up in melee so I don't just get 4 stocked and waste my money. Lol I'm just kidding, I'm sure I'll enjoy if I go. Thanks for the info jaxel

bobwhiz

Smash Rookie
Would there be time for a bunch of casuals at this bi-weekly? I have never played melee competitively, but I do like to play for fun.

-Rob

Mariomaruf

Smash Cadet
Would there be time for a bunch of casuals at this bi-weekly? I have never played melee competitively, but I do like to play for fun.

-Rob
Absolutely. Casuals begin before the tournament (and continue past it) and there were some people there who didn't even enter any tournaments.

GreenBackpackPichu

Smash Rookie
I'm new too! And I'm not sure how well I would fare in a tournament but I would love to play a couple of casual games. What time should I get there? And please tell me if you still need a Gamecube! Thanks!

Tkat

Smash Rookie
I'm new as well to the competitive scene, but me and my friend are testing the waters of tournaments, we can bring our gamecube as well if still needed

Mariomaruf

Smash Cadet
Cool. If I showed up at 11, would the tourney still run till around 2?
The tourney probably ends at 10-11. Then things slow down a bit as people start going home and the latest people are still around is 1 since the venue has to close. You may get an hour and a half of casuals at most if you came at 11. Keep in mind that some of the people who are going home are the ones who brought setups or TVs.

bobwhiz

Smash Rookie
The tourney probably ends at 10-11. Then things slow down a bit as people start going home and the latest people are still around is 1 since the venue has to close. You may get an hour and a half of casuals at most if you came at 11. Keep in mind that some of the people who are going home are the ones who brought setups or TVs.
Ah okay. Good to know. Thanks. I have a meeting most Fridays from 7:30-9:30/10. An hour and a half of smash is more than I've played in the past four months so it'd be something.

Jaxel

Behind the Curtain...
Premium
Well this tournament just keeps on growing! This past week was our biggest turnout yet!

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLfsHddFGhhKh2mw5iiW8vvt_8A7PXJ-gC

The Break Smash Bi-Weekly #08 - Smash Bros. Melee
Rank
Player
Characters
User
1st
Tec0
$150.00
2nd
C!Z
$75.00
3rd
Arex
$25.00
4th
Tek9
5th
Overflow
5th
InternetExplorer
7th
Layup Freak
7th
Smellycat
9th
Smokely
9th
Mamushka

Next one is on Feb 21!

Last edited:

Mariomaruf

Smash Cadet
how early do casuals usually start? Does bringing a setup get a discount off the entry fee for the tournament?
Jaxel is there before 6. Casuals start at around 6:30, depending on when people get there, but the sooner people come the sooner they start. Bringing a setup does not get you a discount.

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer

jaedong

Smash Journeyman
im coming to this, and there better be PM cuz im tryna take home some money, nah mean?!

no but seriously, i hope there's PM this time around lol

Jaxel

Behind the Curtain...
Premium
In case you guys don't know... we now have Power Rankings for our events!

http://smashboards.com/rankings/the-break-smash-bi-weekly.5/league

Power Rankings for the bi-weekly tournament series that takes place on Friday nights at "8 on the Break" in Dunellen, NJ. http://8wayrun.tv
Rank
Player
Score
User
1st
2nd
4th
5th
6th
7th
10th

Calculations are done using a player's best 5 events in the past 3 months.

Last edited:

jaedong

Smash Journeyman
why not just only rank players that have been to at least 3 events? this way you don't have inaccurate power rankings. thats how they've always been done in the past...

Last edited:

LLDL

Smash Hero
Think I'll have to come through!

I'll be doing the falco ditto challenge, anyone beats me 3/5 in falco dittos gets free venue at my next tournament ;)

Jaxel

Behind the Curtain...
Premium
Next week's stream will probably be streamed on Hitbox instead of Twitch...

http://hitbox.tv/8wayrun

I've been experimenting with the service for the past week, and so far I am liking it. The issue will be letting people know about the URL change, so I would appreciate if you guys could let people know and get them to follow the channel.

Especially since smashboard's stream detection system only works with Twitch.

Last edited:

Jaxel

Behind the Curtain...
Premium
We had 28 people enter the last tournament... are we expecting a good turnout this Friday, March 7?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom