• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sent from Swapnote, Nikki for Smash Wii U and 3DS! Now With Arguments!

Tepig2000

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2938-8785-9936
At first I tought this was a crazy idea, but now I'm actually liking the idea of her. Add me to the supporters list.

PixelPasta

Smash Lord
Why don't make her be a rep on 3DS's (and any other Nintendo Apps)? Take elements from Streetpass Mii Plaza-games, Flipnote Studio, EShop, etc! She doesn't necessarily be limited on Swapnote only.
I like this idea; that's pretty much how I approached her moveset that I made.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
I don't know anything about Swapnote, but maybe I can make a moveset another day based on what I've seen here.
Try it! I'm sure with enough research you can make a good moveset.
I've made movesets for characters where I haven't played their game, I just did some homework on 'em.

PixelPasta

Smash Lord
Anyone have any ideas on how we could add a 'streetpass' gimmick?
Like, something would happen if Nikki walks past a character in-game.

I was thinking maybe a power boost that she could build up by walking past them, but it would be immediately reset if she gets KOd...? Something like that?

Just throwing this idea out there ^_^

EDIT: More maybe she could 'transfer' some damage? For example, she'd go down by 3% and the opponent that she walked past would go up? Or would that be too overpowered...

SuperBrawler

Smash Master
S

I was thinking maybe a power boost that she could build up by walking past them, but it would be immediately reset if she gets KOd...? Something like that?

EDIT: More maybe she could 'transfer' some damage? For example, she'd go down by 3% and the opponent that she walked past would go up? Or would that be too overpowered...
Nikki is just way more unique then I thought she could be.

Thread going way better then I thought it would, thanks guys!

Can't think of a name for our supporters, but God Roberts Cousin suggests Nikki's Pen Pals.

What do you guys think?

Oh and really sorry for triple post.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
I'll second Pen Pals. I was going to suggest it myself, but God Robert's Cousin beat me to it.

Street Pass Boost is an interesting idea, but I'm not sure how it would work...maybe a small power boost everytime she successfully dodges/rolls out the way of an enemy essentially 'passing by them'? I just feel if she just had to run past someone it'd be easier to be powered up the whole time.

PixelPasta

Smash Lord
Street Pass Boost is an interesting idea, but I'm not sure how it would work...maybe a small power boost everytime she successfully dodges/rolls out the way of an enemy essentially 'passing by them'? I just feel if she just had to run past someone it'd be easier to be powered up the whole time.
Yeah, that idea is much better. It should also be accompanied by a sound effect or some sort of a visual notification.

PixelPasta

Smash Lord
What do you guys think of my AR card idea? Any way we could potentially build off of that?

SuperBrawler

Smash Master

And don't think you can't make a moveset without being a pen pal.

I think I should add arguments.

Tepig2000

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2938-8785-9936
What about countering this argument: "A generic Mii would be better" I din't see anyone say this, but it seems to be a possible argument that some would use.

SuperBrawler

Smash Master
What about countering this argument: "A generic Mii would be better" I din't see anyone say this, but it seems to be a possible argument that some would use.
Ok.

I might need help.

Also, that one is easy, you could just use the arguments that the Mii has, like that they could make a Mii of someone they hate and beat it up, etc.

Spears In Smash Bros.

Smash Journeyman
Nikki is a Mii. That means she can represent both Swapnote AND the various Mii-related functions of recent Nintendo systems!
Also, does anyone wonder how a matchup between Nikki and Paper Mario would turn out?

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
This is perfect. A Mii that can use Mii-based attacks AND still be individual! I'm a Pen Pal!

What would you guys say to one of her costumes automatically picking a random Mii from your Wii U/3DS?

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
Daww, SuperBrawler, don't need to hide my identity, you can say I suggested the random Mii costume. We're all a part of this. I feel very important!

...Well, my two seconds of popularity are over.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
RIP Nikki.

Deconfirmed by children exchanging indecent images with her app. Swapnote's been shut down as a result...instead of ya know...removing the photo attachment option.

Good job breaking it!

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
I don't think this is all doom and gloom for Nikki, as much as I believe this was rather extreme decision from Nintendo. Consider these:

- 3DS Miiverse is still to be coming in 3DS-systems and if I remember correctly, the communities have moderators or at least a sustained way to filter "bad" messages. This would make up for what Swapnote lacked from before. Might even wonder if it's a superior service to Swapnote overall but yeah.

- Surely Nikki won't be buried after Swapnote's closure due her popularity, so who knows, she might spring up somewhere again. I might see her as Miiverse's upcoming mascot (at least starting from 3DS)

Just gotta see now folks, so don't get downed here.

Spears In Smash Bros.

Smash Journeyman
It could also just be a temporary fix until they find out a way to keep people from sending each other photos of their genitalia over Swapnote, which is basically the cause of this whole mess.

Top Bottom