• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Semi-Weekly AMA: DarkAuraful

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
1578426339707.png

DarkAuraful

This AMA's subject is uh... full of dark aura... these headers are harder to think up of than you think... Anyways, give it up for DarkAuraful!

As always, all site rules are in effect. Please try and limit yourself to one post containing up to three questions until DarkAuraful has answered, then you may ask more. And when asking questions, please keep it civil. Have fun! If you're curious about if you're on the list of future AMAs, refer to this post over in the Social thread. If you're not and you'd like to be added, please send me a message. We'll try to draw two names for two AMAs each week, so stay tuned! And if you wanna check out some of the older AMAs, please refer to this post in the Social Thread

righty, DarkAuraful DarkAuraful , answer away!

I'll start:
  1. What would you say was your most hype Smash reveal?
  2. What are your top 3 favorite movies
  3. What was your earliest experience with video games that you remember?

DarkAuraful

Torpid Dragon
Let's get started.

1. What would you say was your most hype Smash reveal?
I would probably say a coin flip of either :ultcloud: or :ultjoker:. I'm probably gonna lean more towards over Joker for this, but the surprise reveal last year was really a sight to behold. A character from a JRPG series I like, added on to the fact that his best player won EVO last year at Joker's debut!

While I didn't have any personal attachment to Cloud as a character (I just never had any interest in playing Final Fantasy VII because I grew up with Final Fantasy IX), his inclusion did made me interested in going back to being a Final Fantasy fan. I'm totally down for coping the Final Fantasy VII remake though.

2. What are your top 3 favorite movies
I would probably say this:
  1. Lilo & Stitch: The very first one and introduction to one of my most favorite shows that I watched growing up. So happy to see the whole magic back on Disney Plus.
  2. How To Train Your Dragon: The movie trilogy as a whole, but if I had to pick one, then it'd be The Hidden World. I can't forget about the sheer excitement I felt upon seeing this movie beforehand and the feels of everyone growing up to the ending. The feels man.
  3. Spirited Away: One of possibly the best movie films in Japanese animation that I've ever watched. Although to be fair, I haven't watched more anime movies yet. It might change but topping Spirited Away is going to be difficult.
3. What was your earliest experience with video games that you remember?
My earliest experience with a video game would have to be Kirby Super Star on the SNES.

I was 6 at the time, and I was watching my older brother play an emulated game on the computer. I played with him, seeing how it had two player co-op. I'm not too big on Kirby now like I was used to as a kid, but it was great.

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time was the next video game I played at the time. Mostly on the Gamecube in the Collector's Edition. It was also great and still holds up well imo. It's still in my top four favorite Zelda games, in fact.

As for series, I remember being really big on Final Fantasy (well, it's mostly FF9) and Kingdom Hearts. Both games brought out the magic in my childhood (FF9 is still the game with the most playthroughs I've had on). I stopped being a fan of KH during that wait for KH3, but I am recently finding my way back into the series. I've even bought both HD Remasters so I can fully catch myself up in the story.

Last edited:

DarkAuraful

Torpid Dragon
1. Ever play Quest 64?
Nope. I've heard of it but I haven't even the slightest idea or experience of gameplay footage. Not really interested in it either.

2. Username origin?
Both Paper Mario 64 and Kingdom Hearts played an influential contribution for this question. A good one in fact.

Kingdom Hearts

I was playing through Kingdom Hearts, and over time, I found myself fascinated in the magic element of darkness. The element looked cool after all, even if it was a "villain element", compared to the hero element Light at the time. I was also interested in the aesthetic design it brought to some of the worlds I explored through, and I enjoyed Maleficent as a villain as well. Her boss fight was a tough one, but hey, it was fittingly tough. From there, dark became my favorite magic element.

If not darkness, then my favorite magic element would be thunder. At the moment, thunder is my second favorite.

Paper Mario 64 and The Thousand Year Door

I thank the two Paper Mario games for broadening my imagination and coming up with the username I have today. Both games were in particular, special adventures that I loved as a kid. And over time, I loved the story, world building and lore of both games that I once decided to write a fan fiction based on Paper Mario. I made my first original character a yoshi, whose purpose was to be the main protagonist in my own idea of a Paper Mario story.

In previous forums, I attempted to make this a thing in role playing. However, results were not as I hope it to be. At the time, I was a young ten year old and inexperienced role playing member, so it was to be expected that I wasn't ready to share the idea with other members that were just as big and experienced in role playing. But I did made friends from role playing, and despite not being in contact with them for years, I am eternally thankful for the memories I had with them, be it good or bad.

Eventually, by the time I was thirteen years old, I decided to dedicate my Paper Mario project into fan fiction. I eventually abandoned the idea however, as I was still too inexperienced to be a writer. I probably still am to this day. At the same age, I thought of the name "DarkAura", and added "ful" as a cool ending to the username. Paper Mario was my favorite video game at the time, but it changed as I grew up, discovered and subscribed to other franchises.

I was set on being known as DarkAuraful since then.

Two years ago, I started to reflect back on DarkAuraful. I was wondering over time if this was the kind of username I wanted as a part of my gaming identity. The more I put thought about it, the more I was convinced that it didn't sound as unique I thought it would be. So I changed it to Tyrant Tenebris. My second gaming username, which means latin for darkness. Although, even I wasn't sure about that. So I switched back to DarkAuraful.

Now everywhere else, I am now TenebrisNight. Nicknames being Tenebris, Ten or Tenny by my associates on discord.

DarkAuraful

Torpid Dragon
  1. Favorite food?
- Chicken Wings (usually Hot and Spicy or Honey Garlic whenever I go to SkipTheDishes)
- Chinese Roast Duck
- Chinese Style Meat Buns
- Curry
- Japanese Ramen
- Lasanga
- Onigiri
- Spaghetti
- Vietnamiese Pho
- Whole Wheat Rice

2. What are some of your favorite songs?
I'll assume video game soundtracks for this question with games that I've played and enjoyed.

Alan Over The Clouds Burst Remix - God Eater Resurrection
Chrono Trigger Main Theme - Chrono Trigger
Dragon Roost Island - The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker
June Mermaid - Xenogears
Lifelight - Smash Bros. Ultimate
Snowhead - The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
Song of the Nabateens - Fire Emblem: Three Houses
Take Over - Persona 5 Royal (even though I have yet to play the Royal version)

All of these come into mind if I wanted to replay some jams.

3. Do you have a bionic arm?
Nope, although that does sound pretty cool to have.

Sorry if the response was late.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom