• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Semi-Infinite Found! Needs to be fixed!!!

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
I was playing some Brawl+ today against CPUs (i know lolz, no one was over, w/e) and I was against a CPU snake. He started to do what seemed to be an infinite, but stopped, so I then picked Snake and tried it and its pretty disastrous...

Just ftilt a character, and immediately ftilt again, but the first hit of the ftilt. Dont do the 2nd hit of the ftilt, just the first hit over and over. It pops the opponent up and lands immediately in time for u to do it again. It moved forward a little bit as you do it, but you even have just a lil time to walk before it to catch up with them. Do it across a stage (even a small one) and you rack up like 160 or so damage (i dont even wanna think about all the way across fd, prob like 250 lol) then do the full ftilt with 2nd hit and ur opponent is obliterated.

there is only one possible way to escape this which i didnt fully test. you can tech the hit. if you miss a tech though ur stuck in it a couple of ftilts since there is a set time where you cant tech again if you miss it. if you tech in place, it doesnt do anything provided the snake does the ftilt fast enough, as youl get hit before you can do anything. you have to tech roll, thats it. the cpu never tech rolled on me, but i would image that if u tech rolled towards snake he would be able to continue it, just the other direction.

it seems that u can also DI up or smash DI up the hit, but cause of hitstun youl still get hit by the next ftilt. if u do this under a platform though youl land on the platform, which the cpu did to me, it DI'd up and teched on a platform, but i just utilted him for the kill

Almas

Smash Lord
Perhaps slowing down the animation of the FTilt would remove this annoying combo that Snake has without preventing the ability to do the full two hits. Provided the animation change was well chosen, of course. If the enemy is unprepared it should still be possible for them to get hit by this, and Snake should still have a reasonable window of choice for if he wants to do both hits of the move (since I fear that increasing the animation town might change the ending lag without changing the window for inputting the second hit).

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
not a bad idea. just have some more start up lag for the first hit and that should be great imo. also, such a destructive move needs to be nerfed slightly anyway. ul still be able to do both hits, u can do the lock if theyr unsuspecting, and itl be fine

Top Bottom