• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Selfmade music

TeSik

Smash Cadet
Hey people there,

is there one of you guys who makes music by himself? If so, feel free to post your compositions/songs in this thread. (if you do not make music yourself it's fine too I guess)

I'm doing my own stuff with an application called Fruity Loops, or simply FL Studio.
Since recently I started making beats again after a while because of boredom and feeling like it, I decided to make a topic about this.

I do different kinds of beats, electro, oldschool hip hop, whatever.
Time after time I'll upload some of them and I'd appreciate a lot if you listen to it.
Feel free to make comments. :)

First one

Tysk - .exe
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nt8exs8PueM

I somehow managed to put HomeMadeWafflez 'WHERE U AT' from wombo combo as a little vocal in this. Hope he doesn't sue me for that haha

You are also welcome if you feel like checking out some other tracks I uploaded.

Here's one other I'll post for you here, drum'n'bass, Topgear-ish remix for SNES this time. Critique will be also very appreciated.

Tysk - Breathe
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9zWMCjrjj4Q

Anyways, watch in HD & enjoy :)

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
your counter melody synth on the first drop is hard to distinguish from the bass. Give it a gradual pan effect to help seperate it and take some bass off of its EQ.

TeSik

Smash Cadet
Can you tell me where "the first drop" is? I'm sorry, my english isn't perfect as I come from Germany.
You mean that lead the track begins with in the first place, right?
And thanks :)

TeSik

Smash Cadet
Hehe. Do you own a MIDI keyboard? It occured to me that you gotta have one to be able to work properly with Reason.
I found it's pretty hard to figure out the rythm in Bam in the first bit. Also the kickdrum is a bit too loud, kinda overdriven. Gotta fix that. But on the whole it's a funny thing to listen to. And I love triplets.
Refraction beach is kinda stuck in my head now lol. The way it begins, the melody, is amazing. :)

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
In English terminology the 'drops' in electronic music are the times when the big kick ins happen. So, your song is building up, and then the main theme kicks, generally after a brief momentary change in the music, so basically the drop is at 14. The mid range synth using 16th notes blends in too much with the bass. as it is now. I think if you made it pan from side to side some it would add to the texture and and make things clearer.

I liked your stuff a lot though.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
Hehe. Do you own a MIDI keyboard? It occured to me that you gotta have one to be able to work properly with Reason.
I found it's pretty hard to figure out the rythm in Bam in the first bit. Also the kickdrum is a bit too loud, kinda overdriven. Gotta fix that. But on the whole it's a funny thing to listen to. And I love triplets.
Refraction beach is kinda stuck in my head now lol. The way it begins, the melody, is amazing. :)
Yeah, no midi keyboard yet. Bam is in 13/4. The kick is probably too loud because there are actually two different kick noises playing over each other, haha. As for the other piece, I first wrote it on guitar so that's probably why it sounds a lot more cohesive and catchy. Thanks!

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
I'm learning the guitar, and can sing pretty well. I may do some covers in the future. I'll be sure to link them here if I do.

-Terywj

TeSik

Smash Cadet
In English terminology the 'drops' in electronic music are the times when the big kick ins happen. So, your song is building up, and then the main theme kicks, generally after a brief momentary change in the music, so basically the drop is at 14. The mid range synth using 16th notes blends in too much with the bass. as it is now. I think if you made it pan from side to side some it would add to the texture and and make things clearer.

I liked your stuff a lot though.
Ah, I see. Thanks for clearing that up.
The thing is I intentionally used that synth to have some bass there. I increased its low frequencies in the EQ because I found it sounds kinda good. But thanks anyway, I will test around a bit.

I'm learning the guitar, and can sing pretty well. I may do some covers in the future. I'll be sure to link them here if I do.

-Terywj
You're welcome :)

ting1198

Smash Rookie
EXCLUSIVE RIGHTS(EMAIL FOR PRICES)With exclusive rights you'll be able to use the beat for all profitable commercial recording or broadcasting purposes. Once exclusive rights are sold the beat is no longer available on the website. Exclusive rights are sold to only one user and cannot be resold or transferred to any other party. Once you have purchased the beat you will receive a CD in the mail containing the full beat as audio, the full beat in wav format, and the separate parts of the beat as individual wav files. In addition you will receive a signed Self Made Music Productions contract granting you exclusive rights to the beat.

==============
Self Certified Mortgage UK
Andrew Reynolds

vpars66

Smash Rookie
Thanks for the guitar stuff. I'm learning piano at the moment and I'm going to start a blog - when I get round to it- to let people know how I get on and show the easiest techniques for learning piano. When I'm brave enough I'll drop a tune here!

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
http://crashic.tumblr.com/post/471078458/the-cruise-by-my-crashic

This is the last song that I could find of mine after the great computer crash that happened two months ago, erasing all of my music. Regardless, there are a lot of things I'd like to different. I wouldn't pan one drum sample to one ear, and I would have compressed the vocals, and actually gotten around to producing the drums. It was an attempt to make an old school hip-hop song, though I ended up doing some more modern dub-ish stuff to it, but I still think I hit the mark pretty well I think.

Top Bottom