• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sega Smash Bros.?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aurora Jenny

Smash Lord
NNID
Dart_Rodales
*nods* Brawl definitely needs a companion title to complement those that didn't make it in.. I vote yes for this novelty. Even an imitation can shine if done correctly if you ask me. Virtua Fighter didn't make the cut in Sega Superstars though? Wha?

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I'll state it again... I don't think this will really be a game. Stop acting like I think it will. It's just fun to think about for myself and other Sega fans.

And I love the input from people, I've forgotten about games like Power Stone, Skies of Arcadia, Streets of Rage, Ecco, Gunstar Heroes, etc. and I think it's interesting how other people remember them and want them included. This is what I wanted from this thread, not a royal bashing of the idea of it being a possible "real" game. Thank you.

Plus, looking at my list, I don't have that many bad guys... Metal Sonic, Death Adder and Dan Li is all I count. That's not very many... I guess I just put in the main protagonists from their respective games and left out their antagonists. Any good bad guy ideas out there? I like the Darksol idea...

Hyenator

Smash Cadet
I'll state it again... I don't think this will really be a game. Stop acting like I think it will. It's just fun to think about for myself and other Sega fans.

And I love the input from people, I've forgotten about games like Power Stone, Skies of Arcadia, Streets of Rage, Ecco, Gunstar Heroes, etc. and I think it's interesting how other people remember them and want them included. This is what I wanted from this thread, not a royal bashing of the idea of it being a possible "real" game. Thank you.

Plus, looking at my list, I don't have that many bad guys... Metal Sonic, Death Adder and Dan Li is all I count. That's not very many... I guess I just put in the main protagonists from their respective games and left out their antagonists. Any good bad guy ideas out there? I like the Darksol idea...
Villains: Mr.X (Streets of Rage) and Neff (The wizard from Altered Beast)

Some other characters: Kid Chameleon, Dynamite Headdy, Pulseman, Chakan and one of the characters from Alien Storm (Gordon, Karla or Scooter)

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484
Dark Force from Phantasy Star
Dark Raven from Billy Hather
Dural from Virtua Fighter

Octillus

Smash Ace
NNID
Octillus
3DS FC
0963-0987-3528
People keep placing treasure characters in this hypothetical game, I'm sad to say they're not Sega

A New Challenger

Smash Apprentice
Why are you acting like a douche? This is a pipe dream topic. A 'what if" kind of thing, and you come in a tell all how these ideas are never going to happen and that they've been done before...we know that. We don't care.

And the topic creator was saying how it would be fun to make a SSB Sega game, not a Fighters Megamix-styled game. So comparing a wouldbe Smash Bros.-styled fighter to Fighters Megamix is like comparing Power Stone with Fusion Frenzy.
I wasn't being a douche, I was being informative. Such that maybe instead of making pipe dream posts with ****ty ideas, someone like yourself could just go pick up Fighter's Megamix and see what's up. 9/10 of the posters in this thread had no idea it existed.

No respect in kids, these days...

Digital Angel

Smash Journeyman
This is actually a really good idea honestly, even if it's not as good as smash it'd be awesome. These are some reps I think should make it, I don't know many other sega characters but this is a start.

Sonic the Hedgehog

Sonic
Tails
Knuckles
Shadow
Silver
Robotnik

Shining Force

Max
Bowie
Domingo

Skies of Arcadia

Vyse
Aika
Fina
Ramirez

Digital Angel

Smash Journeyman
First off, these rosters lack reps from Last Bronx, Fighting Vipers, Space Channel 5 and Rent-a-Hero. So... go directly to FAIL, do not pass go do not collect an internet.

Secondly, it was already mentioned, but yeah. Sega did a take on this in the late 90's on the Saturn with Fighters Megamix. It used the Fighting Vipers engine, which itself was the VF2 engine sped up and with juggle physics and armor physics for some characters.

Also correct was the fact that Fighters Megamix had only two sonic reps, the extremely obscure Bean the Duck and Bark the Bear... the reason being is that around the same time, Sega had an all Sonic fighting game going by the oh-so-original title of "Sonic: The Fighters" in Japanese arcades... and it was pending a Saturn release around the same time as Fighters Megamix. In order to dissuade the two game cannibalizing each other, Sega discluded the Sonic roster from FM, save for the two mentioned above, who served as a preview for Sonic: TF (Bean and Bark were characters newly created for the Sonic fighter.)

So... yeah. Your idea has been done. Would it be neat to see a Fighter's Megamix 2 with some of these sorely missed franchise characters on it? Yes. The main shortcoming of the original fighter's megamix was that the entire character roster were characters from the Saturn Generation. No golden oldies save for Rent-a-Hero.

Would it happen, though? You have a better chance of nailing Jessica Alba, kiddo.
Yeah, he probably didn't even know about those gamess, it's one thing to make a suggestion. It's completely different to just be a **** for the sake of being one.

Libomasus

Smash Journeyman
This thread is full of win!

Panzer Dragoon fighters duking it out against Jet Set Radio punks would be so awesome! Lets not forget Outrun-style stages, and a Soft Museum stage too! As you can see, I've actually thought of this before, its a neat idea.

Skies of Arcadia, Shenmue, Yakuza, JSR, Panzer Dragoon, Nights, Ristar, Outrun, After Burner, Burning Rangers, Golden Axe, Virtua Fighter, Samba, SEGA Rally, Phantasy Star, Shining Force, Streets of Rage, and Sonic of course. So many great Sega memories, I'm probably forgetting some though...

You have no idea how happy this would make me, but I'm pretty sure they wouldn't blatantly copy something like this. Oh well, Superstars Tennis will have to do.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
You had Ristar, Vectorman, and Sonic. Win.

But...

Samba de Amigo? Comix Zone?

How about Red, Blue, and Green from Gunstar Heroes? I know they aren't Sega, but who really cares? It'd be awesome to see.

Funny, I've always had this idea as well, but not 35 characters. Just like...20-something-ish.

soulz

Smash Cadet
I was thinking about a sonic fighting game like smash the other day too, i mean i can't see the whole sonic crew in any smash bros game so i thought sega should make one.
I think it's a pretty good idea, not sure how it would turn out, or just be labelled the lame smash bros ripoff.

BananaNut

Smash Journeyman
Max V.S. Darksoul would Pwn.

If Sega did do this, they could use it like a treasure trove for their history. Like nintendo uses brawl to do.

don't get me wrong, sega DEFINED RPG with Shining force, and mastered speed with sonic the hedgehog, but IMO they missed their opportunity.

billywill

Smash Journeyman
how about combine the rosters to make a 70 character roster (69 since sonic is already in brawl) that would be pretty cool

PWtCB

Smash Cadet
Ughh.... :urg: This would be so awful that it would make me want to vomit. I would feel dirty just by touching this game. But my opinion on this is a little biaised. I really don't like Sega :p . I think Sega fans would like the idea though :).

Luigi player

Smash Master
Wow, very nice words, PWtCB >_>

I'd love a fighting game as long as it has Sonic and Knuckles in it. That would be awesome. Even more Sonic characters and awesome stages would be really epic.

But I'm not so sure if I'd buy it... because I'm working on a Sonic fighting game myself, so I don't really need that, lol.

matthewmilad

Smash Journeyman
I've had this idea myself as well. I like the SEGA characters better for the most part.

Streets of Rage
Axel
Xan
Blaze

Sonic
Vector
Espio
Emerl
Robotnik

How could you leave any of those out?!?!?!?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom