• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Seeing how their are multiple controls, how will this effect gameplay?

MookieRah

Kinda Sorta OK at Smash
If you people here grew up with the snes like me, you'll adapt quickly to a controller like that and would see a very definate possibility of making it better then the gamecube controller.
I disagree, the gamecube controller fits smash like a glove. While I know this isn't true, it almost seems like they designed the controller around melee itself. That said, the classic controller will be the 2nd most prevalent control scheme. I don't imagine the wiimote and nunchuck or just the wiimote would ever be used seriously (I'm sure people will play on it so they can have bragging rights, kinda like one handed smash) but there is no way that controller is capable of allowing someone to play Brawl at their maximum.

Hydde

Smash Lord
NNID
Rahrthur
lol. How can one hate c-stick users? That's like saying that I hate people who use Z to grab instead of R+A.

One of the controllers also doesn't have an analog stick or shoulder buttons. Are they gonna get rid of their functionality too?

well he hates the c stick because sometimes my smashes comes faster than his, . He neevr uses C and i have to admit that he does excellent without it, but gets mad when is outspeeded by c button.

He says that cuz C button cant be used in single player and training,, is shoudnt be usable in vs mode either. He see it like a cheap way to play and yadayadayada.

I actually never ever used the c-stick in serious or even casual play. It's too far away from the rest of the gamecube controller's buttons and causes problems for me, personally, in terms of quick combo execution. I'm definately going with the super nintendo wanna-be controller. If you people here grew up with the snes like me, you'll adapt quickly to a controller like that and would see a very definate possibility of making it better then the gamecube controller. The buttons are closer, the controller is smaller, and if we're lucky, unlike the gamecube, make the cord will be twice as long so I don't have to sit 2ft. away from my tv.
well i use c for quick smashes and sffld airs!!. Its a must for me to the c sitck be there!

jjeje i grew up with the snes controler too! ill definitely give it a try

Gannondorf the fifth

Smash Apprentice
I disagree, the gamecube controller fits smash like a glove. While I know this isn't true, it almost seems like they designed the controller around melee itself. That said, the classic controller will be the 2nd most prevalent control scheme. I don't imagine the wiimote and nunchuck or just the wiimote would ever be used seriously (I'm sure people will play on it so they can have bragging rights, kinda like one handed smash) but there is no way that controller is capable of allowing someone to play Brawl at their maximum.
Wouldn't it make sense to believe that. We've been conditioned to only use the gamecube controller primarily for the gamecube. Naturally, it makes sense for one to assume that the gamecube controller is the best. I can tell you this though, had the buttons been aligned like they are on the (what i shall call the snes2) then when i used to play with fox i might've actually been able to perform his waveshine combo's and other mega hard *** combo's that require either a hacked controller or some unusual finger movement moving at unreasonable speeds. I very dominated so many snes games with that controller and i can reassure you that there's more potential in the snes2 in my eyes then any other one being offered. I still love the gamecube controller but it's pretty much up for an "outdating" once i get the "revolution" lol.

Top Bottom