• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Secret Screenshot mode?

happyskills

Smash Cadet
Maybe Sakurai is planning for a mode where you can upload them to a Smash Bros. Website.
Any ideas?

Sakurai said:
Uh, as for that thing that’s blurred out, that’s still a secret. We’re still in development, so I apologize in advance if it gets dropped, but we are thinking of one more trick for this mode.

CrenTIScO

Smash Apprentice
I'm thinking that with all the new Wii channels being announced, there's no reason that Nintendo wouldn't have a "SmashShot Rating" channel, where people vote for the best. That button could be a, "Send to rating channel" button.

Florida

イーグランツ
Sakurai said:
Don’t you think you’d be happy to suddenly get a funny photo from a friend? Perhaps online brawling isn’t the only way to compete.
Maybe they're trying to get some "photo" contest, or something.
Y'know, how Pokémon Snap rated your pictures due to Rules of Thirds, lighting, etc.

Icetrash

Smash Journeyman
I'm thinking that with all the new Wii channels being announced, there's no reason that Nintendo wouldn't have a "SmashShot Rating" channel, where people vote for the best. That button could be a, "Send to rating channel" button.
I was thinking along the same line, apart from the channel part. It just becomes a mode which updates every week with awesome shots people have sent in.

konoha107

Smash Apprentice
It's an edit button, where you can put stickers on the pics and even draw on them.
I wouldn't say that, because the Wii already has a channel where you can do that: The Wii Photo Channel. As for the stickers part, I think you would be able to do that in the sticker mode.

Dacvak

Smash Ace
I'm hoping that button says "Switch to videos"

Halo 3 has spoiled me. Need vids of EVERYTHING.

~Dac

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Maybe Sakurai is planning for a mode where you can upload them to a Smash Bros. Website.
Any ideas?
that's exactly what i was thinking. if not im not mistaken u can upload pics from halo 3 to the bungie site, so its definitely possible for nintendo to do. however, if it was videos somehow... omg too nice.

Mamush

Smash Cadet
I dont think it would take up that much space, because all your doing is saving the order and potions of objects. For example: Just like saving down the moves to a chess game you can easily go back and reenact the game again. My guess would be it wouldn't be any larger than the size of a song. 1-5mb???

Dacvak

Smash Ace
How hard would it be for them to make a recording of each game that you could choose to save. I think that would be a sweet feature. What kinda space would that take up on the wii?
Well, the average Halo 3 match is only around 6-12MBs large, which isn't very big at all. Plus, if you could save it to the SD card, that would make transferring it so easy!

Not to mention we'd just have a metric sh*t-ton of INCREDIBLE videos on YouTube.

Think about it... How many times have you said "Oh man, I wish we were recording this match!" in Melee.

Please Brawl.... Need video mode.

~Dac

Fanewgie

Smash Ace
I didn't read through the whole thread... but I'm pretty sure that pink button will be either "save as computer-friendly format" or something dumb like "save as a sticker".

Nilok

Smash Journeyman

~Dac
That may, in fact, be it as Sakurai said that they are having trouble implementing it and he really wants it in the game. And also seeing how Halo 3 saves are only a few megs in size, the Wii can do this if coded right, which is the problem.

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
That may, in fact, be it as Sakurai said that they are having trouble implementing it and he really wants it in the game. And also seeing how Halo 3 saves are only a few megs in size, the Wii can do this if coded right, which is the problem.
Where did he say this? Is there a link? I'm not trying to call you out, I would really love for that to be true - cuz he does now have all this time on his hands - but I can't say I've heard that quote before...

h1roshi

Smash Hero
Kissimmee, Florida playing melee! (f*** brawl, th
Well, I got in contact with my source again. I didn't get much, but what I did get is that this mysterious screenshot feature that was blurred out in today's update has to do with the new voting channel features Nintendo announced at the Japan conference
thats what bluewave has to say about that. and he was right abotu the whole sonic thing on wednesday and the playable demo at e for all....peace

-hiroshi

tennisthehilife

Smash Lord
It's an edit button, where you can put stickers on the pics and even draw on them.
Thats a good possiblity, stickers would be very useful to collect then. (on dojo site kirby has heart background, probaby not an edit but could be)

~Dac
Yeah videos would be awesome.

I like both ideas. Its possible to have both because they said they can even take off the button so they can add one. If i had to choose one it would have to be the videos but I like sticker edit too.

Akiak

Smash Ace
It doesn't have a good chance but how about.......drumroll please.................
MODIFY MODE!
You can put stickers on it and chance the colors. Also add writing.

Edit: I didn't know someone already said that. sorry

Takeshi245

Smash Champion
Guys, think about it. Why would a video mode be in Screenshot mode? Chances are that will be used for the Wii voting channel.

happyskills

Smash Cadet

~Dac
Oh I was thinking that too...that would be so awesome.

Also I tried editing my post earlier this morning with the quote but Smash Boards didn't let me..I came back from school and it still said "SAVING".. lol

Darkurai

Smash Master
I want it to be the ability to send your saved pictures to your e-mail. I have so many Metroid Prime 3 pictures, and I can't send them to my computer!

mynewnameisme

Smash Rookie
man recording... that wud be great..... but still... wat if its a add music from the game... thT WUD ALSO BE COOL

Eratangos

Smash Cadet
I am hoping it could be a comics mode where you can add speech bubbles and write what they are saying to the pictures and then let you compile it into a comics format, then save it and send it through wifi. This game has great characters, great setting, all it needs is the great plot.

maxpower1227

Smash Lord
^ Eh... I would likely never, ever use that.

I don't know what it will be, but I can't see it being THAT earth-shattering. Then again, if it's big enough to be kept a secret in the first place, who knows?

TaurToph

Smash Journeyman
I bet it's an edit mode where you can put effects, texts etc.
Or maybe some video functions...
Or maybe some online galleries...
But more probably an edit mode.

Top Bottom