• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Secondary ICCs to deal with sheik

X WaNtEd X

Smash Lord
I'm a ganon main and I've been toying with the idea of developing a secondary ICCs to deal with sheiks in tournament. I've seen that it's technically a winning matchup. What do you ICCs aficionados think? And any tips on learning the ICCs as an experienced player with solid tech? The reason I ask is that sometimes when I'm building a new character, it's a little awkward because I'm not starting from scratch, if you know what I mean.

DerfMidWest

Fresh ******
Slippi.gg
SOFA#941
bad Idea. ICs take a lot of dedication.
And it's important to remember: you can't out-counterpick someone. counterpick wars are mad stupid.
At a higher level, sheik can be pretty difficult for the ICs as well, especially if you aren't experienced enough to know how to deal with things like platform/needle camping.
I'd advise you to either really focus on the matchup and get solid with it, or to just switch mains to someone who's matchups you are confident with.

Encephalon Decay

Smash Cadet
100% Agree with Derf. IC's are just that kinda character where you either main them, play literally the entire roster, or don't use them at all. You can't just pick up IC's and go; there's a huge amount of learning to them, with their quadrillion teensy little technicalities.

dizzkidboogie

Smash Cadet
I say stick with the character you love! I've been going up against so many Peach and Samus players in tournaments lately it makes my head spin, but I keep fighting and working on the match-ups; Ice Climbers for life! (Or in your case, Ganon for life!)

Mr. S

Smash Apprentice
Just learn the Sheik matchup as Ganon (it's hard, but still doable) or pick up a non-ICs pocket. Fox and Falco are always solid choices.

S2rulL

Smash Journeyman
Matchups may be horrible in some cases, but ALL are doable one way or another. Ganon/Sheik looks difficult but dedicate your time and you should be golden!

Rockleeland

Smash Rookie
Ice Climbers have a huge learning curve and it will definitely will not be easy to grasp ICS tech. Like someone has mentioned before, you have to be super patient with sheiks platform and needle camping.

KingKirb

Smash Journeyman
I was going to make a thread like this, but I'll just add to this one:

Do Ice Climbers really need a secondary? Their worst matchups are Peach, Puff, and Sheik right? How bad are these matchups anyway?

Top Bottom