• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Secondaries to compliment pac?

BSP

Smash Legend
Sonic's spooky, but just try to keep him at bay with Nairs and fruit. Hard to do, I know, but Hydrant is also a good idea - you can stop Sonic in his tracks and use it as bait, if he wants to hit the hydrant anyway. Trampolines, too. It's all about stage control with Sonic - if you don't put a stop in his tracks, he'll just run all over you.
You can't keep him at bay. He's too fast, and any attacks Pac-Man throws out are punishable by him.

Sonic can launch the hydrant quickly, or he can ignore it and run right through it. Doesn't help too much.

If you trampoline and don't hit Sonic or grab a ledge, you're getting punished. I've stopped trampolining in neutral, it's not worth it.

I've played this matchup a lot with @Brawlman1000 . Once Sonic knows how Pac-Man works, you can't do anything without getting punished. Pac can still win...but that's a fight I'd pull a secondary out for.

Last edited:

Gam3rALO

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Gam3rALO
Mario covers sonic MU pretty well. I usually approach with D-air because it interrupts the spin dash (correct me if i'm wrong). You can always cape the spin dash...which is really fun.

Top Bottom