• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Second Layer of Ignorance

Alien Vision

Smash Ace
I have been contemplating lately - after staying up for 28+ hours yesterday. I wish to share an idea that came to me when I woke up today. It has to do with how we fight our ignorance - but never understand why it still persists after our endless endeavor. When I speak of ignorance I speak of the kind that makes us hide from what is inevitably true. When we do something wrong; only to plan an excuse ahead of time by thought - when we know hiding will only further complicate things.

I see a threshold that opens up to a world we abandoned - by whatever reason we couldn't accept. Things in our lives that reflects a part of this world, allows us to ''wake up'' from a deep sleep for only a simple moment; only to return to our silent slumber afterwards. This threshold exists through numerous waves of micro consciousness we still have floating aimlessly within us that contains what truly defines our Self as a whole.

It's truly a beautiful thing - to be able to feel life once more after feeling like you were imprisoned on a mindless desert for years ^^.

There are two seperate paths that the subconscious holds in which are manifested in two entirely different ways. There is the first path. A path that is precise as it is rigid. As you walk on this path - there will be boundless factors on the side that will drag you away from staying on that path - ensuing great confusion. Now you are on the second path; a maze as you will. Being trapped in a labyrinth enclosed by endless walls would make you think you would have to find the exit at the end, right? Interesting enough. I found out that the trolls we see everywhere online. Are actually right about something. Playing the game will only cause you lose the game immediately. The ability to win is to not play the game at all - but to twist it into your favor where you can control it. Instead of finding the exit that doesn't exist; climb over those walls with the strength you know you have and define your own advantage.

Now I will explain something that is deeper than what I have aforementioned. There is the subconscious the main archetype, and there is the human being who believes they are the archetype. As much as they are oblivious to one or the other - they actually form two different layers of ignorance that creates the wall we all hate with a passion.
The human mind as complex as it is - cares about our health. It numbs us from certaint emotions that brings us dismay to protect us. Just like knowledge and depression; we turn it into a monster by not understanding the elements we felt that derived from what we experienced. Then there is the human being who creates their own ignorance by not wanting to accept something that brings them discomfort. We may not be partners with our very own master system that defines us for who we are for the greater good; but we sure are a great team at hiding a world that holds us together. This is why it seems impossible to fix ourselves when we are in trouble. We only think that there is just a problem - when there is actually two problems that cannot be seen unless you acknowledge them as a whole.

Here is a few quotes to end my rambling. ^^

''We fight battles in the world we can see - but little do we fight the battles in a world that we cannot see.''

''You cannot defeat your shadow by destroying it - you defeat it by understanding it.''
--​

I know I am bad at punctuating my literature :/ If it really bothers you I would really appreciate it if you could show me where I should punctuate and which punctuation to use.
I hope you got something out of this read. I don't want to write senseless gibberish. I really want to write correctly. It is the epitome of all my passions.

GoldShadow

Marsilea quadrifolia
BRoomer
Although there are lots of grammar/technical issues, I've pointed out a few. Red things are grammatical problems that should be removed. Green things are things I've added (usually to fix a red grammatical issue). Blue things are things I think are awkwardly phrased, and should be rewritten so they are more clear. And things that are struck out are not necessarily grammatically incorrect, but rather things that I think are unneeded and can be taken out.

When I speak of ignorance I speak of the kind that makes us hide from what is inevitably true. When we do something wrong; only to plan an excuse ahead of time by thought - when we know hiding will only further complicate things.
An interesting topic--one that I'm sure many of us (or at least I) have experienced at one point or another.

I see a threshold that opens up to a world we abandoned - by whatever reason we couldn't accept. Things in our lives that reflects a part of this world, allows us to ''wake up'' from a deep sleep for only a simple moment;, only to return to our silent slumber afterwards.
Just some grammatical cleanup.

This threshold exists through numerous waves of micro consciousness we still have floating aimlessly within us that contains what truly defines our Self as a whole.
This is awkwardly worded, though I think I see what you're getting at. Are you saying that this world of things we've abandoned (and you may want to be more specific, perhaps give some examples of such "things") exists within us, and that it is made of little bits and pieces of our subconscious, that these bits and pieces are part of us and contribute to who we are, even if we're not aware that they exist?

It's truly a beautiful thing - to be able to feel life once more after feeling like you were imprisoned on a mindless desert for years ^^.
Good use of the dash, by the way. However, I think my biggest issue with your pieces is that they're too abstract. Abstract is okay, but I think your points would be much better received by readers if you supplemented the abstract stuff with concrete examples, or any examples, really. Examples that would make people think, "Ah, I see what Alien Vision was saying there."

There are two seperate paths that the subconscious holds in which are manifested in two entirely different ways. There is the first path., A a path that is precise as it is rigid. As you walk on this path - there will be boundless factors on the side that will drag you away from staying on that path - it, ensuing great confusion.
The word "separate" is redundant--if there are two paths, then they are presumably separate. "...that the subconscious holds" is awkward and could be worded better. That whole sentence might sound better if it were written something like: "There are two paths in the subconscious, each manifested in a different way." The next two sentences I joined for better flow. The dashes are used incorrectly in the sentence after that, and writing "staying on that path" can be removed because it's redundant--the reader already knows you're talking about the path. "...ensuing great confusion" doesn't make sense grammatically, though I know what you're saying. Maybe say "causing great confusion."

I don't have much time, so I'm not going to comment on the grammar/flow/style of the rest, just a few general comments on your ideas.

The ability to win is to not play the game at all - but to twist it into your favor where you can control it. Instead of finding the exit that doesn't exist; climb over those walls with the strength you know you have and define your own advantage.
Although the grammar and wording could use a bit of work, I actually really liked this idea, and the image of climbing over the walls of the maze instead of trying to find the exit. Basically an example of thinking outside the box.

Now I will explain something that is deeper than what I have aforementioned. There is the subconscious the main archetype, and there is the human being who believes they are the archetype. As much as they are oblivious to one or the other - they actually form two different layers of ignorance that creates the wall we all hate with a passion.
Awkward phrasing. I'm not entirely sure what you mean.

The human mind as complex as it is - cares about our health. It numbs us from certaint emotions that brings us dismay to protect us.
This is true, and a cool concept.

Just like knowledge and depression; we turn it into a monster by not understanding the elements we felt that derived from what we experienced. Then there is the human being who creates their own ignorance by not wanting to accept something that brings them discomfort. We may not be partners with our very own master system that defines us for who we are for the greater good; but we sure are a great team at hiding a world that holds us together. This is why it seems impossible to fix ourselves when we are in trouble.
A bunch of this is hard to understand.

We only think that there is just a problem - when there is actually two problems that cannot be seen unless you acknowledge them as a whole.
Although I like this idea, it doesn't seem to follow from what you've been discussing in the piece. It seems like a new idea entirely, one that could be fleshed out on its own.

I really want to write correctly. It is the epitome of all my passions.
That is a great goal, and I think you're on the right track if you keep writing a ton and make sure you're open to advice and criticism.

Alien Vision

Smash Ace
GoldShadow, thankyou for taking your time to critique my idea even when you were pressed for time. I appreciate it.

An interesting topic--one that I'm sure many of us (or at least I) have experienced at one point or another.
It's great to see that I am finally understanding how to connect with people. How do I properly use ''--''?

Just some grammatical cleanup.
I am improving.

This is awkwardly worded, though I think I see what you're getting at. Are you saying that this world of things we've abandoned (and you may want to be more specific, perhaps give some examples of such "things") exists within us, and that it is made of little bits and pieces of our subconscious, that these bits and pieces are part of us and contribute to who we are, even if we're not aware that they exist?
This is a fine example of how difficult it is to word an idea together, when it's built from a theory. You understood it perfectly regardless. ''Things'' are the itty bits of information that our subconscious understands - what it manifests to create our persona, our ego, everything that makes us who we are.

Good use of the dash, by the way. However, I think my biggest issue with your pieces is that they're too abstract. Abstract is okay, but I think your points would be much better received by readers if you supplemented the abstract stuff with concrete examples, or any examples, really. Examples that would make people think, "Ah, I see what Alien Vision was saying there."
I will become a great writer. I will learn how to connect with those interested in my ideas. I WILL learn how to manifest abstract imagery into a simple idea that anyone can understand. My passion is what applies motion to the world that lies within me. Truly, I must avoid providing an idea without it's blueprints from now on.

The word "separate" is redundant--if there are two paths, then they are presumably separate. "...that the subconscious holds" is awkward and could be worded better. That whole sentence might sound better if it were written something like: "There are two paths in the subconscious, each manifested in a different way." The next two sentences I joined for better flow. The dashes are used incorrectly in the sentence after that, and writing "staying on that path" can be removed because it's redundant--the reader already knows you're talking about the path. "...ensuing great confusion" doesn't make sense grammatically, though I know what you're saying. Maybe say "causing great confusion."
I agree with how you chose to rephrase it, and the mistakes you pointed out.

Although the grammar and wording could use a bit of work, I actually really liked this idea, and the image of climbing over the walls of the maze instead of trying to find the exit. Basically an example of thinking outside the box.
This is where I know how to use abstract imagery--the reason why I wish to reach a whole new level with it, aswell as being able to connect with the readers. You were able to feel the power of the idea I presented, because of my abstract imagery. This is why I wish to use abstract imagery as a big part of my writing career.

Awkward phrasing. I'm not entirely sure what you mean.
The subconscious is the web that connects everything together. The persona and it's intricate way of splicing itself from it's original creator, is what makes an individual oblivious to their subconscious. Even though the individual broke away from their subconscious; they both have created a wall consisted of two layers. The first layer was created by the individual who found a way to hide their secrets underneath a carpet. By doing this - we create a false reality of ourselves that is made out of perfection. It's far from perfection in everyone else's eyes, but the individual himself will continue to hide under their very own lies.
The second layer was created by our very own subconscious. It has the ability to numb everything that harms us, even if it doesn't harm us in reality. If my mother were to die from her illness, and I were to understand nature's roles. My subconscious wouldn't hide anything involving that moment in my life. Now, if I were to let it eat away at me.. That is when the subconscious will take pieces of me, and hide it in the dark until I am ready to handle the burden.
This is how ignorance was created. Humans today are brainwashed by society, and the elements it contains. We are hardly ever taught about psychology, and how our mind works. If humans were to understand what our mind can do to us, the consenquences we face by lying to ourselves, aswell as not being proud of who we are. We would have less individuals losing control of themselves. The more we understand ourselves, the more we can understand this world we live in.

Let me know if you need a better explanation.

This is true, and a cool concept.
A very important concept aswell. It's what explains my Imperfection - Perfection theory. (You can find that in the blog section)

A bunch of this is hard to understand.
Psychology is a very important aspect that can elaborate potentially 75% of our problems we experience every day. Humans who neglect this fact is like somebody driving their car at 100 MPH without their brakes. They continue to flirt with their anxiety, and the health risks they are encouraging by not understanding that they are the cure to their problem. Not knowing psychology can cost people their lives. IMHO
We subconsciously produce something called an inferiority complex. This is the sole reason why people around us turn depression, control, and knowledge into a monster. We want to feel superior, so we use these specific experiences we face throughout life for our own advantage. If we were to understand what we are doing, we could prevent it. Making this world a bit more tolerable.
Even though we exempt our subconscious, we are still working with it unconsciously for all of the wrong reasons. If humans today were able to understand what they are doing to themselves, we could save alot of meltdowns people suffer from. This is why it seems impossible to face our predicaments. We are looking in the wrong direction.. Again, if you need a better explanation. Please, let me know.

Although I like this idea, it doesn't seem to follow from what you've been discussing in the piece. It seems like a new idea entirely, one that could be fleshed out on its own.
There are two layers that keep us from resolving our conflicts. Inorder to see either of them--you need to see the problem in yourself first. Then after you see yourself, you must look at your subconscious' contribution to the fake reality you created. I don't see how this doesn't connect with the rest I have aforementioned. ^^

That is a great goal, and I think you're on the right track if you keep writing a ton and make sure you're open to advice and criticism.
This is only the beginning.

On that note, I'm pretty sure that's a misuse of 'epitome'
I used it correctly Derp.

GoldShadow

Marsilea quadrifolia
BRoomer
It's great to see that I am finally understanding how to connect with people. How do I properly use ''--''?
"--" is actually the same as the "-" you've been using. It's supposed to be an em dash, which is the kind of dash used to separate thoughts/ideas from the rest of the sentence. Technically, "-" is a hyphen only, and is only used to connect two words, whereas "--" represents an em dash, which is used to offset thoughts/ideas. Since this is an online forum, it's no big deal if you use a regular old hyphen ("-") for the same purpose. I just like to do the "--" to differentiate my em dashes from regular "-" hyphens.

In MS Word, "--" autocorrects to "[FONT=&quot]—[/FONT]", which is what an em dash is actually supposed to look like (and it's what you'll see if you pick up any published book). If you look at my WWYP entry, you'll notice that I have a ton of "[FONT=&quot]—[/FONT]" because I typed it up in Word and then pasted it into my SWF post.

The subconscious is the web that connects everything together. The persona and it's intricate way of splicing itself from it's original creator, is what makes an individual oblivious to their subconscious. Even though the individual broke away from their subconscious; they both have created a wall consisted of two layers. The first layer was created by the individual who found a way to hide their secrets underneath a carpet. By doing this - we create a false reality of ourselves that is made out of perfection. It's far from perfection in everyone else's eyes, but the individual himself will continue to hide under their very own lies.
The second layer was created by our very own subconscious. It has the ability to numb everything that harms us, even if it doesn't harm us in reality. If my mother were to die from her illness, and I were to understand nature's roles. My subconscious wouldn't hide anything involving that moment in my life. Now, if I were to let it eat away at me.. That is when the subconscious will take pieces of me, and hide it in the dark until I am ready to handle the burden.
This is how ignorance was created. Humans today are brainwashed by society, and the elements it contains. We are hardly ever taught about psychology, and how our mind works. If humans were to understand what our mind can do to us, the consenquences we face by lying to ourselves, aswell as not being proud of who we are. We would have less individuals losing control of themselves. The more we understand ourselves, the more we can understand this world we live in.
While I disagree with some of what you say, I think I do understand what you're saying.

Alien Vision

Smash Ace
"--" is actually the same as the "-" you've been using. It's supposed to be an em dash, which is the kind of dash used to separate thoughts/ideas from the rest of the sentence. Technically, "-" is a hyphen only, and is only used to connect two words, whereas "--" represents an em dash, which is used to offset thoughts/ideas. Since this is an online forum, it's no big deal if you use a regular old hyphen ("-") for the same purpose. I just like to do the "--" to differentiate my em dashes from regular "-" hyphens.

In MS Word, "--" autocorrects to "[FONT=&quot]—[/FONT]", which is what an em dash is actually supposed to look like (and it's what you'll see if you pick up any published book). If you look at my WWYP entry, you'll notice that I have a ton of "[FONT=&quot]—[/FONT]" because I typed it up in Word and then pasted it into my SWF post.

I actually was borderlining that idea believe it or not. I could tell, because there is only so much punctuation can do. Thankyou for clearing that up.

While I disagree with some of what you say, I think I do understand what you're saying.
What parts do you not agree with that I tried to explain?

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
This is all well and good but I want to point something bad out:

I used it correctly Derp.

Enough with the attitude. Being condescending and sassy to people is just going to make you more enemies and reflects badly on your work.

While "epitome" technically works in that sentence, it's still a very strange use of the word that sort of ignores the most commonplace definition. Either way, stop being a jerk.

Alien Vision

Smash Ace
This is all well and good but I want to point something bad out:

Enough with the attitude. Being condescending and sassy to people is just going to make you more enemies and reflects badly on your work.

While "epitome" technically works in that sentence, it's still a very strange use of the word that sort of ignores the most commonplace definition. Either way, stop being a jerk.
What are you talking about? Since when did I have an attitude? .-. Did I cuss? Did I make mad faces? Did I caps my letters? Since when could you read emotion over the computer D: All I said was ''I used the word correctly''. What is so rude about that? I -never- said.. ''I ****ING USED THE WORD CORRECTLY DERP''. Or.. ''Wtf? I used it correctly *****'' Why not even.. ''L0l0l0 WTFZ YOU NOOB''.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
"Derp" is an insult. It implies whoever you're saying it to is ********.

EDIT:

LOLLLLLL

I am so ********. I just now noticed who it was you were replying to. hahaha. my fault, apologies. carry on.

Alien Vision

Smash Ace
LOLOL. Nice one LT. Hahaha.

Good times.. Good times.. /Trololol

Top Bottom