• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sealer of Darkness - BotW Zelda for Smash! Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity confirmed!

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Hoping we get some BotW 2 news at E3. Also...

There's some thing going around with the Champions possibly being a character. That'd be cool if it turned out to be BotW Zelda.

amageish

Smash Master
Well, BotW2 does look good! We also have Zelda on a motorcycle in AoC, a moveset that I kind of wonder if it'll be reusing attacks from Persona 5 Strikers' motorcyclist...

I will say that the BotW2 trailer does make me think Zelda's going to be trapped/stuck/otherwise-MIA again this game... It's possible she returns as a more standard playable character while Link has all sorts of new powers, but I'm not too hopeful anymore...

RebelMaren

Smash Journeyman
Yeah that was definitely the biggest bummer for me when it came to Zelda news. If there was any mainline game to make Zelda playable it would've been this one, and right now she's looking to be the damsel in distress yet again.
We have one hero in the sky, another on the land... I think Zelda exploring the depth of Hyrule and solving it's mysteries makes sense. That's the sort of thing I think they'll string us along for until they're ready to drop a title reveal for this game.

amageish

Smash Master
Yeah that was definitely the biggest bummer for me when it came to Zelda news. If there was any mainline game to make Zelda playable it would've been this one, and right now she's looking to be the damsel in distress yet again.
Yeah, that's definitely my biggest "Oh... Joy..." moment too. I'm sure BotW2 will end up being fun either way, but goodness Zelda as an IP seems willing to change up the formula in massive ways but the idea of Zelda taking too major of a role will "upset the balance of the Triforce" or whatever PR-speak dodge is used this time...

I hope I'm wrong and it's just some sort of dual-protagonist situation, but the trailer just left me feeling a bit "Okay" WRT Zelda's role.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
We have one hero in the sky, another on the land... I think Zelda exploring the depth of Hyrule and solving it's mysteries makes sense. That's the sort of thing I think they'll string us along for until they're ready to drop a title reveal for this game.
Hoping something like this happens, but we saw Link on the ground level of Hyrule in the trailer so this scenario isn't too likely unfortunately.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
I suppose after making ganon the monster in distress last time the wanted to go back to format

RebelMaren

Smash Journeyman
Hoping something like this happens, but we saw Link on the ground level of Hyrule in the trailer so this scenario isn't too likely unfortunately.
I mean, Zelda is playable underground. BOTW Link on Hyrule, and who I'm assuming is Link from 10 thousand years ago is in the sky.

TDDolphin

Smash Ace
It's been a while since this thread's seen any activity, huh? Let's change that!

I'd like to add myself to the support list for BotW Zelda for Smash! I would love to see her make it in so we can round out the Zelda representation with 3 Links, 3 Zeldas, and Ganondorf. Also, BotW Zelda could be unique gameplay wise from ALttP Zelda by pulling from her Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity moveset, like combining the Shiekah Slate with her Triforce powers. Legend of Zelda is my favorite video game franchise, and even though I love the Zelda currently in Smash Ultimate, it still bums me out that BotW Zelda missed out as a character in it. I'm not sure if she'll make it as the final fighter in Fighter Pass 2, but if the alleged bonus fighter is going to happen (in spite of what Sakurai has told us), I'm hoping Zelda can at least get that spot.

Here's hoping 👍🤞

Top Bottom