• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SDSU Brawl Tourney Nov.22

R1ngo

Smash Journeyman
South Dakota State University!

We are having a brawl tourney on Nov. 22. More Details will be released later but i am hoping that everyone in the area will clear their schedule!

Where: Student Union, brookings SD.
Time: probably start at noon or so.

neomadgic

Smash Journeyman
NNID
neomagic249
I would really like to go to this. I'll see if I can hitch a ride with someone... If not, I guess I can drive people up too.

R1ngo

Smash Journeyman
bumpp! for more publicity WOOT!

looks like we should be having close to 30, more would be great, but hopefully everyone makes it

R1ngo

Smash Journeyman
rules are same as always and ya plz check the facebook group, the stagelist is up there as well

neomadgic

Smash Journeyman
NNID
neomagic249
I'll just leave these shoutouts here:

Shrinkray - Thanks for housing us man. Even though your house was freaking cold and I got the worst bedding in the house, but it's all good. I can't believe you were running around with shorts on!!! Had fun in smashing with you, but WE NEVER GOT TO DO 1v1s! I wanted to see how much your Olimar improved too. Teams were awesome, I can't believe you and R1ngo came back on us.... Best. Comeback. Evar.

R1ngo - Thanks for hosting the tournament! It was great, it's just a shame we didn't get more to show up. The venue was great! Your Ice Climbers are pretty beastly, if only I had your chaingrabbing skills, I would of won the tournament. Great job in teams, you and Shrink adapted really well. You guys got off on a really bad start and came back to take 2nd. Nice!

Locals - Nice to meet all you South Dakota people. Thanks for entering the tournament and I hope you guys had a good time. I know it was probably y'alls first tournament, so hopefully you got a good experience and enter more. Shrink and R1ngo needs better competition so you guys should lrn2play better!

Cuddles - Thanks for driving us man. I know how it feels to drive outta state so I really appreciate you doing so. You were killing it in teams, I am still shocked from that last stock. Probably the worst way to die EVER.

56k - Daannngggg, when did you get so good all of a sudden? Not only was your singles performance impressive, but your doubles was also. You and Cuddles were almost undefeated in pools (you guys should of been, lawl moe). I think you were the only one to watch the whole grand final sets. That's 10 straight matches you had to suffer through, but you still did it. I give you props man. Btw, you were smiling in your sleep... If I had brought a camera, I would of snapped it right there because it was hilarious.

Yoshi - Good stuff in teams and singles. We need to go OoS more, it was a pretty fun trip (since I didn't drive :))

Deepak - You always own in teams huh? But this time, you also owned in singles. Car ride was fun, didn't know you were in to so many mmos. we should play the next free one that comes out.

Moe - We almost had 2nd in doubles, but SD was too good. Our singles matches were sooooooooooooo close. All of them. I really need to learn how to get out of that Chaingrab to spike, because it was killing me. Good job winning in singles. I'm just glad I was the only one to take a set off you that day.

South Dakota - Shrink/R1ngo, you guys should really consider coming to Beezo's. I'll house everyone you bring.

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
56k - Daannngggg, when did you get so good all of a sudden? Not only was your singles performance impressive, but your doubles was also. You and Cuddles were almost undefeated in pools (you guys should of been, lawl moe). I think you were the only one to watch the whole grand final sets. That's 10 straight matches you had to suffer through, but you still did it. I give you props man. Btw, you were smiling in your sleep... If I had brought a camera, I would of snapped it right there because it was hilarious.
lol I guess i was just so determined not to place badly, idk. I was kinda mad about losing so much the night before. I play a lot better when I'm angry (lol Hulk much?) not sure why.

Of course I watched the whole grand finals! That's what I go to tournaments for, to learn from the best! I got so much better just by watching the two of you play. :colorful:

lol, I was smiling because i was comfortable! after being cold and riding in a car for X hours a couch + blanket is a blessing. :laugh:

Results? I'll just post what I remember, but it would be great to get official brackets + results from SD.

RESULTS

Doubles (out of 10)
1) Yoshimii :metaknight: :metaknight:/:kirby:
2) Gay and Wolf (Shrink and Ringo) :olimar: :dedede:
3) Moe Magic Moe Problems (NeoMagic and MurderMoe) :ness: :snake:
4) 56Kuddles :gw: :metaknight:

Singles (out of 16)
1) MurderMoe :falco:
2) NeoMagic :ness:
3) Deepak :kirby:
4) 56K :diddy:, :gw:
5) Dr. C :metaknight: