• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Screen KOs = Absolutely hilarious

Hong

The Strongest
If R.O.B. hits the screen, would it be too morbid to have him shatter into pieces? >.>
Surely gonna be added in the final build, I think SFX for these things just haven't been implemented yet.
Possible. I don't expect the Ore Club to sound like the Star Rod in the final build, for example.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
If R.O.B. hits the screen, would it be too morbid to have him shatter into pieces? >.>Possible. I don't expect the Ore Club to sound like the Star Rod in the final build, for example.
Yeah, I found that all kinds of weird. Really unfitting in general.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I wonder if Toon Link will make the posture that he made upon smacking into the Forsaken Fortress.
Oh yeah, I forgot Toon Link had a couple face smacking experiences himself in Wind Waker with the Forsaken Fortress and the Tower of the Gods.

Now we can finally see what his face looked like when he hit those walls! :troll:

But yeah, I expect him to look pretty priceless when it happens, it's a shame it hasn't been shown yet by anyone though. :p

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
Are you guys seeing Little Mac?! I may be seeing wrong, but he has his bandages from punch out in his screen KO. Now that's attention to detail!

KingBroly

Smash Lord
I know he's not going to make it in, but imagine Ridley's KO screen. He'd be too big for the screen.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime

ppbto

Smash Journeyman
I did some more GIFs. Still I can't find videos with the screen KOs of Pit, Toon Link and Sheik.

Last edited:

Kain6th

Smash Ace
I don't know if this has been addressed yet, but do they hit the screen at different angles? or is it always the same? like would Zero Suit Samus hit the screen on the right instead of the left?

Hong

The Strongest
I don't know if this has been addressed yet, but do they hit the screen at different angles? or is it always the same? like would Zero Suit Samus hit the screen on the right instead of the left?
Position and angle varies. See the Villager in the first post.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
No, you don't. Also, tip: This "too big" joke is not funny.:rolleyes:
Woah. Calm down. This isn't that big of a deal.
If it bothers you, be the bigger wo/man and ignore it. Zing!

I just about died at Best Buy when I screen-KO'd as Greninja.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I like how Mario's face just smushed against the screen. Nice touch.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I did some more GIFs. Still I can't find videos with the screen KOs of Pit, Toon Link and Sheik.

Looks like they need to work on Samus' hair.

D

Deleted member

Only character that doesn't really benefit from this insane buff is Mr. Game & Watch. I don't really see too many possibilities for his screen KO animation in terms of hilarity.

I love how Wii Fit Trainer is still trying to pose when she hits the screen.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Only character that doesn't really benefit from this insane buff is Mr. Game & Watch. I don't really see too many possibilities for his screen KO animation in terms of hilarity.

I love how Wii Fit Trainer is still trying to pose when she hits the screen.
Well for comedy he could peel off and float down like in the cartoons

Hong

The Strongest
Really? They could always imitate how it looks when you mess up in Fire, and he wanders off all salty. :D

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Really? They could always imitate how it looks when you mess up in Fire, and he wanders off all salty. :D
That could actually be quite hilarious. Game & Watch has no regard for physics; he can just walk on air off the screen to KO himself.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
It would be fun if MGW performs some sort of pose with the items he uses such as the turtle or umbrella.

Zwzchow

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Zwzchow8
3DS FC
1805-3193-2658
Just imagine Dedede XD

I like how Pikachu's palette swap hat actually gets loose when he smashes onto the screen

Ryan.

Smash Lord
Haha this is quite a great collection. I love the Villager's yellow alt and Fox's the most.

NekuShikazu

Smash Journeyman
I hope when Pac-man gets a screen KO, his would be him dying like when he gets touched by a ghost in the arcade games.

GunBlaze

Smash Lord
Slippi.gg
GBLZ#778

"Pic of the day. Here's a Screen K.O. shot. There are also patterns where players will disappear into the sky for Star K.O.s, but as a match's time limit approaches, those K.O.s will not occur anymore."

Moderator Edit: Please don't use the daily pic link, as the image for that link always changes with each update.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hong

The Strongest
+1 for the bruises and bandages on Mac's face. Nice Punch-Out!! reference.

Top Bottom