• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Scraping with Ike

DizzyDevilx

Smash Rookie
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8W11-99UHR0
1:36-1:44

I've been searched the boards on this AT and so far there hasn't been a lot of information on it. I have tried training at 1/4 speed and no matter how hard I try, I can't reproduce it. It looks like they are dropping from the ledge and immediately bair DI towards the stage (as shown by the air ripple). When I try it though, I can never get enough air to get onto the stage. I've also tried getting up on the stage and then immediately SH bair; pressing jump from the ledge and just when ike's hands leave the edge press jump+back a...none of these are remotely close to the video.

Can anybody shed some light on this technique and perhaps give a more detailed instruction on how to do it? I think that scaping would be a viable anti-edgeguard technique especially with fair against people spaced just out of range of the edge attack.

metroid1117

Smash Master
This is interesting... I'll post to bump this, mark that someone is interested in this, and reserve a spot that I can edit after I test this tomorrow.

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
you push the joy stick backwards to let go and jump back onto the stage with your air jump and while thats going on you do bair ive never done it like that though i always try doing fair some people go with nair but i cant do that one since im pushing foward to try and get onto the stage with this one they probably use the c stick another thing you can do is hop onto the ledge and do a quick dash i still cant do the one where to jump back wards and get on with i cant do it with out dieing a few times.

Top Bottom