• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SCR Attack / Grab

strider43

Smash Journeyman
Basically we all know about run > upsmash.
We know they took out JC grabs.
I'm not sure if this is noted before but

SHIELD CANCELED RUNS

You run, you shield, you either grab which is very very fast, or (what I do to KO) smash.

For SCR grab you just run, shield and press a basically at the same time.
For the smash or any attack at that you have to let go of the shield first.

PULLING OUT THE SHIELD STOPS YOUR MOMENTUM.

You guys might have to get used to it, but I think this will bring you guys a little closer to the big boy levels. ;)

Test it out with characters that have good smashes, like Pika's D-smash or Lucas's F-smash.

Hope I helped.

Robostrike

Smash Cadet
You can dash grab with any character. The only thing you need to worry about is the spacing for the grab, it is actually almost one mid character size away from the opponent when you press your grab attack. The animation will sort of jump and you immediately grab your opponent.

Edit: This means you don't need to dash cancel for grab. Thanks for the other tips though.

Hitzel

Smash Ace
We've known about quick shield dropping for some time now. It's useful stuff.

You can get pretty creative with it. For example, a character like Kirby or Ness who has a quick down tilt that trips can make someone trip next to a ledge out of shield and follow up with an unavoidable Fsmash.

krammit

Smash Cadet
Shielding is WAYYY faster than what you were doing.

Try it before you dis it. Shielding stops the run, and if shield goes away so fast then the smash should come out faster... and does!
I agree with you that the dsmash is far slower with the way I'm doing it compared to the dsmash out of a shield. But the slide canceled grab has far greater range with some characters then the shield canceled grab ever will. I even made another vid to show how much it actually helps. (Range wise anyways.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3XnLbR6jbE

Top Bottom