• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Scav's Obsolete Happy Fun Release Date Experiment Scavenger Hunt

Scar

#HarveyDent
I don't think Nintendo is going to surprise us with an earlier release date, all they've been doing this whole time is keeping us on the edge of our seats with slow character confirmations and whatnot.

I think they'll have a big, long, drawn-out, "It's almost coming out!" countdown process. It's all about marketing, after all.

I'm not holding my breath until Christmas.

fryd

Smash Cadet
According to EBgames.com Brawl will be pre released on 6-1-07. At E3 they said it would be out before March. I don't think it will be released until right before christmas.

Tera253

Smash Ace
well, they said that Smash Bros Brawl would be ONE OF the first games online. Pokemon comes out is it June 25th? being the first game online, this most likely means that it'll be released later.

the verdict(prediction): June 21, 2007.
(Smash Bros. Murder comes out on October 4, 2012)

~Tera253~

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
I just figured it was worth noting that Best Buy's bogus March 15 release date has been disproven. XD

Sushiman

Smash Journeyman
I went to GameStop the other day and the manager told me that SSBB will be released in Q4 around November and December. At least he wasn't lieing.

ssbmaster2007

Smash Journeyman
My guess would be anytime in September-November, probably not December though, I think they'd want to release it at least a month before Christmas, but it probably won't be too far off from then...

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
I work at Best Buy, and we had a guy come in asking for it. I had the tell him that it wasn't even out yet. He pointed out our (********) web site's release date of March 15. He honestly thought we had it. XD

Tera253

Smash Ace
websites are now saying January 1, 2008 or December 31, 2007. that wouldn't come to a surprise.
~Tera253~

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
websites are now saying January 1, 2008 or December 31, 2007. that wouldn't come to a surprise.
~Tera253~
I guess they've decided that it's safer to assume the very end of 2007 and move it up rather than assume sooner and move it back. The latter tends to tick people off.

Scar

#HarveyDent
And for good reason. Fellas, it looks like my prediction is pretty awesome accurate. If only we could have MM'd in foresight...

Press22

Smash Journeyman
I'm hoping for sometime in June since school ends, but its not going to happen since the Japanese date is pretty official and is in december.

Kereokacola

Disco Romance
BRoomer
January 1st, 2008 and December 31st, 2007 are just placeholder dates. We don't actually have a REAL release date yet, and we probably won't know or have an idea until E3 this July, maybe not even then.

If I took a guess, I would assume Japan gets the title first, most likely in September or October of this year, and Nintendo/HAL will hold off for America until the holiday season, because no doubt they will want this as the holiday seller (just like Melee.) I'm guessing mid to late December for us.

I

i8waffles612

i wish it was in the Summer.... doubt it....
Wish: June 12 my bday
Predict- August/September

squaminator

Smash Ace
its just a prediction, though it does seem rather probable. They just predicted the release dates of FFA2, Dragon Quest, Mario Galaxy, and SSBB, and i think one other game so that each comes out in successive months.

saran81kid91

Smash Rookie
Famitsu doesnt seem to have it for 2007 at all!

'July 2007: Final Fantasy Tactics A2: Fuuketsu no Grimoire (NDS, Square Enix)
July 2007: MushiKing Super Collection (Wii, Sega)
July 2007: Wii Health Pack (Wii, Nintendo)
July 2007: Mario Party 8 (Wii, Nintendo)
August 2007: Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Ring of Fates (NDS, Square Enix)
October 2007: Super Mario Galaxy (Wii, Nintendo)
November 2007: Pokemon Mystery Dungeon 2 (NDS, Nintendo)
November 2007: Dragon Quest IX (NDS, Square Enix)
December 2007: Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games (Wii/NDS, Sega)
In late 2007: Wii with DVD playback (Nintendo)
2008: Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles (Capcom)' - http://smashbrossource.com/?p=34

Press22

Smash Journeyman
how is it official? is there something you aren't telling us?
No, I do not know anyone that works in nintendo, I was never here[/SARCASM]
Japan date is official.... or is it? dun dun dun!
Look for the game on Ebay guys. and try getting ahold of a freeloader/ wiiloader.

AxemRed

Smash Journeyman
Famitsu doesnt seem to have it for 2007 at all!

'July 2007: Final Fantasy Tactics A2: Fuuketsu no Grimoire (NDS, Square Enix)
July 2007: MushiKing Super Collection (Wii, Sega)
July 2007: Wii Health Pack (Wii, Nintendo)
July 2007: Mario Party 8 (Wii, Nintendo)
August 2007: Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Ring of Fates (NDS, Square Enix)
October 2007: Super Mario Galaxy (Wii, Nintendo)
November 2007: Pokemon Mystery Dungeon 2 (NDS, Nintendo)
November 2007: Dragon Quest IX (NDS, Square Enix)
December 2007: Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games (Wii/NDS, Sega)
In late 2007: Wii with DVD playback (Nintendo)
2008: Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles (Capcom)' - http://smashbrossource.com/?p=34
That list definitely isn't complete. Why? Fire Emblem isn't on it. FE games have averaged 5 months in translation, and even if Goddess of Dawn takes a little longer, it will release this year. Famitsu probably just left a few games out because an official date still hasn't been announced.

Fiiii

Smash Apprentice
Many sites say that it will come out in Japan in late December of 07, so the American version would have to come out in 08. How is that right? Thought they said sometime in 07.

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
They (Reggie) said they HOPED sometime in '07. But then he followed it up by saying its really up to the designer though.

offcell

Smash Apprentice
I just read in GameInformer that Nintendo isn't going to let anyone release a game that can go online until next year. So if Brawl is to be online, would that suggest we won't see it in '07?

Scyther3176

Smash Apprentice
I just read in GameInformer that Nintendo isn't going to let anyone release a game that can go online until next year. So if Brawl is to be online, would that suggest we won't see it in '07?
Mario Strikers Charged is coming out in the coming months, probably in May or June and it is online.

Tbh I think that Brawl will come out about Christmas time or around November. Lookinga t tthe way things are going I hope I'm wrong and that it comes out ealier.

blinks

Smash Rookie
Any day now...

CVG said:
Speaking in a recent podcast Kojima is quoted as saying that the Wii bruiser feels "very complete", "a lot of fun" and claims that it could be released tomorrow, selling millions if Nintendo desired to be so radical... -- CVG
So, Kojima said it might be tomorrow. :chuckle:

BooThunder

Smash Journeyman
someons probably already mentioned this but in the past few weeks ign changed their release dates to dec 31 for japan and sept 30 for europe (2007). they wouldnt just change it for no reason would they?

I

i8waffles612

You shouldnt trust places like Gamestop, IGN or Gamespot are much more reliable

Top Bottom