• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Scatz's controls are like a religion...

Chaco

Never Logs In
I'm adjusting bits at a time, specials are still bothering me though.

Scarlet Jile

Smash Lord
NNID
ScarletJile
I'm trying this out. I've found that DJC egg lay is actually easier and more precise with X as special, but ETS is much more difficult than default B as special.

As for DR-ing, I can't get a pattern down having to mash C-stick. C-stick feels somehow slower to reach than the A button.

Should I be mashing it down? Backwards? Forwards? I see Yoshi DRing every now and then while I'm attempting, but it doesn't feel controlled, if you know what I mean. It's just happening randomly while I mash Y+B+C-stick.

bigman40

Smash Master
With the way your thumb is going down the controller, you only need to push the C-stick down. If enough people need a demonstration, then I can try to setup my webcam and get a video.

Depster

Smash Champion
I found myself hitting A after B when I tried it, so I was down smashing out of the DR most of the time. I don't know why, but I thought I'd throw that out there

bigman40

Smash Master
I found myself hitting A after B when I tried it, so I was down smashing out of the DR most of the time. I don't know why, but I thought I'd throw that out there
If you're doing that then you need to angle your thumb so that you don't hit the A button. The tip of your thumb should be what you want to slide with.

Scarlet Jile

Smash Lord
NNID
ScarletJile
With the way your thumb is going down the controller, you only need to push the C-stick down. If enough people need a demonstration, then I can try to setup my webcam and get a video.
A video would be great, but I imagine it's one of those things too fast to really catch precisely without a high quality recorder.

bigman40

Smash Master
better than most setups. but don't copy my setup. It's tailored to my feelings. The only thing I suggest trying out is Y B C-stick, and then change whatever else you want.

Top Bottom